You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Call me Moby

12 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
20,168 posts
14,340 battles

I went and picked up the big Ovechkin package yesterday because why not? I wanted the two commanders, the Lexington camo would be useful, and I thought I'd take my chances with RNGesus.

All 20 containers hold 10 x victory camo and 1 x collection piece, which for me meant 15K credits in the bank per piece (I finished it the first time around) or 300,000 overall.

Each also held 10 x Draconic flags of a single type, and the results in opening order are as follows.

Hydra

Hydra

Basilisk

Wyvern

Scylla

Red Dragon

Yellow Dragon

Yellow Dragon

Leviathan

Red Dragon

Leviathan

Wyvern

Hydra plus BONUS Chapayev mission (I have the ship, but getting this finished off her B gunfire control system grind).

Hydra

Basilisk

Red Dragon plus BONUS Scharnhorst mission. I have the ship, so I got the credit payout as specified.

Leviathan

Leviathan 

Basilisk

RNGesus was the wry, capricious son of a female canine he always is in throwing me the credit value of a couple of ships I already have, but I knew I was up for that possibility when I did this. It is what it is, and I managed to solve my credit woes in one fell swoop. And the kids had fun opening the boxes.

What's interesting about the spread of flags is the complete lack of Ouroboros signals. You'd think that with 20 crates opened they would have dropped at least once? Make no mistake; I'm pleased with the selection I got. It just goes to show what interesting curveballs probability can throw you sometimes.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,919 posts
26,913 battles

Why should I call you by the name of a bad singer?

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
4 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

interesting question.

You'd think that with 20 crates opened they would have dropped at least once

Actually I would think the chances are slim to none on getting what I was after.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,168 posts
14,340 battles
18 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Moby D--- (they won't let me say it in full), the great white whale.

5 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Actually I would think the chances are slim to none on getting what I was after.

Getting what I was after wasn't the point where the flags were concerned; if anything, I got more of the flags I was short on, but the complete absence of Ouroboros drops was a statistical curiosity. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[ARGSY]
Members
20,168 posts
14,340 battles
2 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

You wuz robbed!!!

:cap_haloween:

Nice as it would have been to win missions for premium ships I don't have, you're talking to a man who has never yet pulled a ship out of a supercontainer. What did you THINK Rngesus was going to do to me? :Smile_trollface:

[A-I-M]
Members
3,046 posts
13,308 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Nice as it would have been to win missions for premium ships I don't have, you're talking to a man who has never yet pulled a ship out of a supercontainer. What did you THINK Rngesus was going to do to me? :Smile_trollface:

I was talking specifically about the results listed of only19 crates (which I mentioned) out of your 20-crate purchase. Not what you got in those 19 crates.

“Robbed” of a crate.

4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What did you THINK Rngesus was going to do to me? :Smile_trollface:

Give you 20 crates for the purchase of 20 crates?

Hey, it was an observation presented in a humoristic fashion. I’m sure you got 20 crates, and just lost count in making the list. (Disclaimer offered because forumorons who deny subtle humor are a thing).

[ARGSY]
Members
20,168 posts
14,340 battles
12 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I’m sure you got 20 crates, and just lost count in making the list.

Yeah. The list was made at a time of the day before coffee had occurred. :cap_tea:

[A-I-M]
Members
3,046 posts
13,308 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah. The list was made at a time of the day before coffee had occurred. :cap_tea:

And the one they ”shortchanged” you was going to  be the “for sure” Missouri/Musashi/Kutuzov/Belfast/Nikolai/Enterprise double-throw-down mission crate.! ;)

[ARGSY]
Members
20,168 posts
14,340 battles
Just now, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

And the one they ”shortchanged” you was going to  be the “for sure” Missouri/Musashi/Kutuzov/Belfast/Nikolai/Enterprise double-throw-down mission crate.! ;)

Not with event containers; they only contain specific ships. I did get all twenty; I just didn't transcribe the list properly.

[PVE]
Members
4,267 posts
18,658 battles
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

WHALE....!!!!........  Whale off the Starboard bow and running hard for cold water !!  There he blows mates, away all boats !!!    :cap_horn:

Coffee does help because I'm typing as the coffee is brewing.... 

• Funny 1