Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Joe_918145

I've lost 3 of 4 co-op battles today!!!!

18 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
457 posts
20,288 battles

I'm grinding Shchors in an effort to move up the Soviet CL line prior to the split.  So far today I've lost 3 battles and I've only played 4.  LOL!  I've seen some of the worst BB play that I can recall in my 2.5 years of playing this game.  There have been players on my team who have simply bought high tier premium ships without going up a tech tree line, players who have been around since 2016 with very few battles, and finally players with co-op win stats in the 80s and random stats in the 30s. 

Have I simply had an outlier of a day or has the player base gone down the drain?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts

I've actually won every Random game I've played today. Maybe you should switch to Randoms for a while?

If you really like PVE then the Operations are an option.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,669 posts
18,558 battles

Neither, they're using co-op for what its intented to be.. To test out their ships... Try out in test conditions their new ships...

Win or loss in Co-op is a minuscule importance.. What is important is to give these players encouragement... Not spew negativity in co-op..

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[WPORT]
Members
5,499 posts
10,525 battles
14 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

I'm grinding Shchors in an effort to move up the Soviet CL line prior to the split.  So far today I've lost 3 battles and I've only played 4.  LOL!  I've seen some of the worst BB play that I can recall in my 2.5 years of playing this game.  There have been players on my team who have simply bought high tier premium ships without going up a tech tree line, players who have been around since 2016 with very few battles, and finally players with co-op win stats in the 80s and random stats in the 30s. 

Have I simply had an outlier of a day or has the player base gone down the drain?

I think you're just having a bad day.
Keep trying.  :-)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,312 posts
7,428 battles

Life sux then you get sunk...chin up aim better it's all good...

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
457 posts
20,288 battles
35 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Neither, they're using co-op for what its intented to be.. To test out their ships... Try out in test conditions their new ships...

Win or loss in Co-op is a minuscule importance.. What is important is to give these players encouragement... Not spew negativity in co-op..

Sometimes you make sense, @Navalpride33.  I did get salty in one of the battles, and that is not characteristic of my normal style in chat.  I will take your advice, Sir!

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,124 posts
4,088 battles

Damn, that's so bad there should be an achievement:Smile_teethhappy:

I think it's time to take a break, because WOWS clearly hates you right now. Probably go 10/10 in Randoms tomorrow.

[WOLF2]
Members
437 posts
9,043 battles

Wow! You probably have a better chance of being struck by lightning than that happening. :cap_wander::Smile_hiding:

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,241 battles
26 minutes ago, khan1670 said:

Wow! You probably have a better chance of being struck by lightning than that happening. :cap_wander::Smile_hiding:

Testing ships or whatever, you should still want to win.

I’ve seen really smart players in Co-op, and players that look like they’re trying to lose.

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles
30 minutes ago, khan1670 said:

You'd be surprised if that's what you believe nowadays.

Members
2,915 posts
36,725 battles

That rarely happens in co-op unless there are just 1 or 2 human players and the rest are bots. Then that is the high chance of losing.

In Randoms, The game mode is saturated with ..well... random players since outbreak of pandemic.

And of course, you have players that might not be good at all. It's entirely possible.

If one mode is bad, then try another. But it's no point in mentioning bad game play. Just use the reporting system if it's a blatant player. And compliment players that do great.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles

If things go south, being in a (non super) cruiser and having to hard carry is a big ask.

Especially with Russian torpedoes.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles
11 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

You had an outlier. That being said, I was watching a Twitch streamer yesterday who was looking up the stats of some of the biggest potatoes on his team, and their win rates in randoms were in the sub-40% region. It's not hard to imagine some of them being window-licking good in Co-op as well. 

• Boring 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,491 posts
24,748 battles

I had a couple of close calls yesterday with window licking teams, fortunately enough decent players there to rescue the situation.  I had one game with 2 divisions in it, for some reason I always dread multi division games, and in this one my fears were justified, both divisions camped. I did my usual full frontal assault in my Georgia, took out 3 opponents and then died. Checking the situation after my death all 6 of the divved boats were still in line with the original spawns. I left in disgust, I checked the result later and we had won, I was top of the table even though I had left the battle so early.  I had one defeat this morning in Kremlin, 177k damage 3 kills 2 bots left at the end. Survived a ram by the red Kremlin but was so low in health that the remaining Chapy just burnt me down. The only other human had died with no kills, and little contribution from what I saw. His PR in the Donskoi is 930 with a WR of 90%, 1750 COOP games, no Random games and a COOP PR of 1170 and WR of 91%. Ugh. Took Kremlin out immediately after this and got a 411k game in a solo effort.

Edited by Efros

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

i'd rather see more bots on my own team in coop... at least then when my slow arsed reload and traverse in the RU BB's gets to the fight there is something left for me to shoot..

when its all players .. i can have one like I did last night... 15 main battery shells fired ..  (Lenin)

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,214 battles
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

i'd rather see more bots on my own team in coop.

I find about 4 bots on the team is ideal, 5 is OK, more makes things progressively challenging. Red bots are better than green bots so the green bots die and you avoid the mercy rule. It does change my (and hopefully my human teams) playstyle. Bot style yolo charges are to be avoided. You have to play it more like randoms. Now if most of the humans are bad, things can get dicey. At least the bots know how to aim.

Sign in to follow this