You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Has camo ever fooled anyone in the game?

41 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

WW 1 the Zebra camo can into effect with the hope that sub commanders could not tell direction and speed.  It worked for a short while until captauns figured it out.

We have alot of... Interesting camo and a few that are realistic.  The strips on Dr Grassy (spelled wrong) the perma camo for Sea maybe the perma for the t10 Itialain.

Has anyone ever had a crapgo wrong because the camo fooled you?

The best camo made is the Cleveland/Balt/Des.  The Eagle for Worchestser.

Whats yours?

Edited by jags_domain

Members
2,812 posts
36,535 battles
7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

WW 1 the Zebra camo can into effect with the hope that sub commanders could not tell direction and speed.  It worked for a short while until captauns figured it out.

We have alot of... Interesting camo and a few that are realistic.  The strips on Dr Grassy (spelled wrong) the perma camo for Sea maybe the perma for the t10 Itialain.

Has anyone ever had a crapgo wrong because the camo fooled you?

The best camo made is the Cleveland/Balt/Des.  The Eagle for Worchestser.

Whats yours?

I have many favorites. Hard to pick one.

I often ask players why they don't have one on? I point out that they are naked, and they respond like, don't look then pervert.  I still look. 😎😏

• Funny 4

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,811 battles

the space camos are notorious for being deceptive about a ships acceleration

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
982 posts
8,966 battles

Hunter Camo looks fantastic. 

Of course, WG knows this, and has made it one of the scarcest camos in the game. 

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,095 posts
18,935 battles

Measure 22 camo used to come standard on USN ships but WG changed it to flat gray because measure 22 apparently made aiming a bit more difficult.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,412 posts
14,163 battles

If anything they help you see that their is a ship there so there are only two reasons to use them, for the buffs and because you like them.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

many i have never seen but as i am mostly in low tiers anything below T7 i won't run camo unless its a prem.

[LSNB]
Members
1,584 posts
4,409 battles

Not that I could think of since the smoke rising out of the funnel helps with determining speed, but I didn't know what a Nelson was back then. I thought the hull was curved when I zoomed in, reeled back in disbelief, and took a citadel out of her.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,642 posts
34,868 battles

The ARP camos hide the ships well. Not.

Neon signs saying CIT ME!

Members
3,752 posts
23,292 battles

Apparently the camo was working so well that shots were falling short of target and to cover that up WG announced it was a bug. :cap_popcorn:

[CLUMP]
Members
813 posts
1,160 battles

Yeah, their this weird Camo for tier 10 IJN CV it looks good but the planes are making a weird noise overall it seems as they went overboard with it :Smile_amazed: Camo is basically good for the perks they give you but other than that I doubt it confused anyone :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Confused 1

[PHD]
Members
1,505 posts
6,428 battles

Maybe they are searching for a camo that is so ugly that it hurts to look at the ship to aim.:cap_look:

Almost all the IJN camos are wrong since they just went with gray, lighter or darker depending on which port painted them.

But I know if it really bugs me, there is a mod for that.

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,744 battles

I like the sort of plain Italian Cruiser Camos and the Mediterranean Altenative Colors on the British. 

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

Space Camo is the only one ive found that helps. damn hard to gauge a ships speed with it and why I bought it back in the day... Also why I am pissed if WEGEE does not allow Moskava to keep it... I paid for it with real money.

Now the Worcest Camo lol... that has a CITADEL HERE sign on it.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,098 posts
4,081 battles
50 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

The ARP camos hide the ships well. Not.

Neon signs saying CIT ME!

That's nothing, Dunkerque has a permacamo with coloring that literally shows where the citadel is.

But yeah, the Neon ARP ships are hard to miss. Space and halloween camos are the same. I still get scared when I unsuspectingly get that Gorgon CV camo on my screen, that thing is terrifying.

Also, there are a few American camos that are a bit, shall we say over the top?

But the only one that I know actually caused a problem was the perma camo for high tier USN BBs, the one that's light blue all the way around the lower hull. It's designed to make the waterline hard to determine, and actually worked if your graphics weren't set high enough:Smile_teethhappy:

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,164 battles

I think everyone is forgetting that when equipped, a camo will increase the dispersion of whoever is firing on you... giving the effect camo. 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,005 posts
23,801 battles

2dJ5VTt.jpg

Measure 22 Perma-Camo FTW.

Missouri, Alabama, Kidd, and the tech tree FR Cruisers have it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[_BDA_]
Members
298 posts
4,737 battles

Frankly, I've found that the only real use of camo is for the perks, or buffs as some call them.  I just finished a battle in which not one opponent missed... multiple impacts all over the place.  Pretty damn frustrating.

Members
1,723 posts
11,203 battles
4 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

the space camos are notorious for being deceptive about a ships acceleration

i have a hard time seeing if they are on fire as well.  Those blue spark things dont stand out well enough. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,069 posts
11,640 battles

Looooooong time ago when WOWS was young there was a camo called "Measure 23" that just messed up your vision of the target.  See the blue strip near the waterline almost matched the color of the ocean.  In fact, coupled with the humidity hue some maps gave off and distance, it was almost impossible to judge the waterline from a distance. 

Mmmmm, those were the days <3  But the community complained about it and the devs removed it from the game.  I think I recall them returning it to the game, but now that we have a slider for adjusting the "mist" effect, it's probably not as effective as it once was.  Plus they probably brighten up the blue as to not match the ocean.

Fun, fun. :Smile_Default:

USS_Concord.jpg

Edited by Airglide2

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
5 hours ago, Lert said:

Measure 22 camo used to come standard on USN ships but WG changed it to flat gray because measure 22 apparently made aiming a bit more difficult.

1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Measure 22 Perma-Camo FTW.

Missouri, Alabama, Kidd, and the tech tree FR Cruisers have it.

Ah good ol' Measure 22. Not just beautiful, but functional too. I wish more ships could use it, love it on my Henri and Alabama.

Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles

When you can at a glance see what it is your shooting at by virtue of ships names and outlines, no. 

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
5 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

I like the sort of plain Italian Cruiser Camos and the Mediterranean Altenative Colors on the British. 

Have to agree.  I was thinking of the perma for the t10 and the strips are fine but the plan really works for some reason

Its almost like the not having any camo but I really like it.

• Cool 1

[ARP]
[ARP]
Members
1,006 posts
18,157 battles

The space camos make it hard to figure out where the armor belts are.