Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

Submarine Basics?

12 comments in this topic

Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles

How will hydro work? What depth will it reach?

How deep does HE or AP penetrate under water?

Will radar detect Subs at periscope depth?

Can a Sub shoot guns or a gun at a surface target, while surfaced?

Can a BB, CV or cruiser without depth charges hit a Sub even if they know where he is? Assuming he is deep?

How do we know how deep to drop charges? Let AI do the work like AA guns? If he's shallow or deep, just drop charges.... don't worry about it … they will hit? Imagine shooting guns at a surface targets without range.... Don't worry boss, they will hit. 7-17km, 220, 221 whatever it takes....

I literally could go on for quite some time.

[CLUMP]
Members
818 posts
1,165 battles

🤓
1 minute ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

How will hydro work? What depth will it reach?

How deep does HE or AP penetrate under water?

Will radar detect Subs at periscope depth?

Can a Sub shoot guns or a gun at a surface target, while surfaced?

Can a BB, CV or cruiser without depth charges hit a Sub even if they know where he is? Assuming he is deep?

How do we know how deep to drop charges? Let AI do the work like AA guns? If he's shallow or deep, just drop charges.... don't worry about it … they will hit? Imagine shooting guns at a surface targets without range.... Don't worry boss, they will hit. 7-17km, 220, 221 whatever it takes....

I literally could go on for quite some time.

Good question 

Subs have to be periscope depth to be affected minus depth charges 

Probably

Nope

Nope on depth charges can affect subs depths 

Depth charges are automatic you fiddle with anything you use G to fire make sure over the subs that's it :Smile_honoring:

[CLUMP]
Members
818 posts
1,165 battles

I would fix grammar issues but forums won't let me :Smile_amazed:

Edited by LastRemnant

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

alot of this is covered in the news item titled How To Play Subs

• Cool 2

Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles
5 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Depth charges are automatic you fiddle with anything you use G to fire make sure over the subs that's it :Smile_honoring:

Assuming you know what you are talking about. I can drop charges on a Sub and have the same effect on it if he is 7 feet deep or 70 feet or 700?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

subs go 50m, and with max depth can go to 80m for a limited time (and a cooldown) i dunno DC's as i don't play dd's...   at max depth subs take reduced damage

[CLUMP]
Members
818 posts
1,165 battles
Just now, Joyous_Vibes said:

Assuming you know what you are talking about. I can drop charges on a Sub and have the same effect on it if he is 7 feet deep or 70 feet or 700?

No, if a sub is in deep-dive damage will be mitigated somewhat but you will still take damage you need to use a consumable  :Smile_hiding: If a Subs doesn't use said consumable it could be instant death :Smile_bajan2: 

Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles
14 minutes ago, SKurj said:

alot of this is covered in the news item titled How To Play Subs

I read the page on the news, So, A sub can be hit at 6meters with a shell, 20 feet of water can do some serious negation of velocity. Is there more damage the closer he is to the surface? Since HE shells splatter on contact there is no way they could get 18feet deep and then hit... right? So are we dealing with AP shells only under water?

yRbb38u.png

Members
3,378 posts
6,789 battles

Yeah this is one of the old great SUB Movies which show in action how things were done....ENJOY!

• Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
818 posts
1,165 battles
7 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

I read the page on the news, So, A sub can be hit at 6meters with a shell, 20 feet of water can do some serious negation of velocity. Is there more damage the closer he is to the surface? Since HE shells splatter on contact there is no way they could get 18feet deep and then hit... right? So are we dealing with AP shells only under water?

yRbb38u.png

Well from what I have seen shells do damage at a certain point :Smile_hiding: HE shells are better because of fires and they do cause flooding :Smile_Default: At certain depth it doesn't matter what shells you are using  it won't harm the sub :Smile_popcorn:You know  the PTS is up you could go try it yourself you know :Smile_honoring:

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

ap will do nothing unless sub is surfaced i believe

Sign in to follow this