Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

Blowouts... streaks... MM?

54 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Just watched this from Notser....  

Is he correct? (or was he back in Jan?)

I watched this not realizing how old it was, we are now several patches past these directives that pushed players to possibly do unsporting things... I am curious if current players believe this still?

I have been a WoTanks player for years now and there is a lot of complaining currently about the blowout games over there as well. BUT... there is one big difference... when i think to the commentary above... WoT does incentivize wins and has for as long as i can remember with missions that reward wins, lots of missions that also reward exp bonuses for wins etc, but the player base does nothing but complain (or at least a vocal minority does) about the win requirement because they lose 6 out of 10 games... so they want WG to incentivize anything so long as it isn't winning  (and in a lot of cases WG has given into these demands) and of course they all point a finger at MM for their lack of ability to win more games...

 

Thoughts?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,806
[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles

If you believe what Notser tells you... I have a beach front property in the Mojavi Desert I can sell you. :cap_popcorn:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,011
[RLGN]
Members
14,313 posts
25,257 battles

Wins required or not; personally believe the mission requirements in Tanks are at a lunatic level only achievable by a purple playing for hours on end. They aren’t something doable by a new player in anything resembling a ‘reasonable’ amount of time. 

Calling them ‘Daily’ missions is a farce.

I point at MM less than I do finding it impossible to survive long enough to learn to play the bloody game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,715
[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
15 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

If you believe what Notser tells you... I have a beach front property in the Mojavi Desert I can sell you. :cap_popcorn:

So ....what did Notser say in this video that was wrong?  Or is it just basically that you don't like CC's and therefore everything they say is wrong?

Blowouts a problem, back then and now.....Yep.

Cause of blowouts being that usually, people sit in the back and don't want to risk anything....for the most part, yep.

PR event bad for the game in general....Yep.

Not seeing what was "wrong" in the video for this comment.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Wins required or not; personally believe the mission requirements in Tanks are at a lunatic level only achievable by a purple playing for hours on end. They aren’t something doable by a new player in anything resembling a ‘reasonable’ amount of time. 

Calling them ‘Daily’ missions is a farce.

I point at MM less than I do finding it impossible to survive long enough to learn to play the bloody game.

don't confuse events and marathons with mission requirements...

Most missions these days have multiple tiers... yes if you want to complete all tiers of the mission the requirements add up.  That being said, play one battle win or lose, get rewarded a pile of stuff.  Earn X amount of exp, earn stuff...  and recently WoT will even take your exp after bonuses... it always used to be base...   Get 15 penetrating hits across any number of battles...   who can't do that?

WoWs has alot more steep requirements than tanks does these days, just the campaigns alone...  directives .. lol what few i have seen since I returned but at least the ones up on PTS look like they require alot of commitment. and lets not even look at line regrinds... that is not a thing in WoT.  You can't keep everyone happy, a purple may complete the tier 1 and 2 missions in half a dozen missions, those same 2 may take all night for joe average, so how do you keep both happy and not let either get bored...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
14 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

If you believe what Notser tells you... I have a beach front property in the Mojavi Desert I can sell you. :cap_popcorn:

 

he gave his opinion on what he thought the issue might be, and i think he has a point...  this thread is to discuss that point, do you know what that point was?  Guessing you don't care.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,806
[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
Just now, Old_Baldy_One said:

So ....what did Notser say in this video that was wrong?  Or is it just basically a  "he is a "CC", therefore he is "bad", therefore he is "wrong"?" type of scenario?

Nope his opinion is his alone... As we seen in the past, on some topics, Notser have been known to not tell the true reason or truth.

Out of all the CCs, IMO Notser is a good player but his credibility on certain subjects... Is questionable at best... Now, I like to watch Notser for entertainment value.

For the Notser landings or any other mishaps he gets himself into...  Once he starts trying to use the platform for other purposes, that is were I am skeptical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

its not about truth or untruth its an OPINION dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,715
[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Well in this specific case, the opinion shared in this video, in MY opinion, is not wrong.  Blowouts are a problem, but WG is dead set against any sort of skill based matchmaking on any level, thinking it would be a pointless endeavor and a waste of resources.  I disagree with that assessment (they probably can't make every match competitive, but there are some simple things they could do to balance the scale a bit), but they write the game, I don''t.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,806
[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

its not about truth or untruth its an OPINION dude.

I base my opinions on math... Stats, numbers, ETC...

As long as we have a Power creep meta... Blow outs will be as part of the game as losing streaks. (its a high tier game even worse).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

I base my opinions on math... Stats, numbers, ETC...

As long as we have a Power creep meta... Blow outs will be as part of the game as losing streaks. (its a high tier game even worse).

so you still don't know what his opinion is?  if you don't wish to know, go find somewhere else to be productive.  This thread is to discuss that opinion and if it is, or ever was valid.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,806
[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
8 minutes ago, SKurj said:

so you still don't know what his opinion is?  if you don't wish to know, go find somewhere else to be productive.  This thread is to discuss that opinion and if it is, or ever was valid.

 

Why would you go to him to get collected data ? Dont that seem suspicious to you ???It is to me...

Like I said, if you believe in not going to other stats pages and go straight to Notser for stats information.... I have perfect beach front property in the desert to sell you...

He wants more team play type ribbons... Again with the current power creep meta, its not happening...

"Be careful what you support for, you may not like the end result."

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Why would you go to him to get collected data ? Dont that seem suspicious to you ???It is to me...

Like I said, if you believe in not going to other stats pages and go straight to Notser for stats information.... I have perfect beach front property in the desert to sell you...

He wants more team play type ribbons... Again with the current power creep meta, its not happening...

"Be careful what you support for, you may not like the end result."

OPINION PIECES do not have to have anything to do with statistics, not responding further because you still haven't watched it.

I like the colour blue... that is my OPINION NO STATS needed.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,077 posts
15,941 battles
47 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

If you believe what Notser tells you... I have a beach front property in the Mojavi Desert I can sell you. :cap_popcorn:

How much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,493 posts
10,860 battles

the constant steam rolls are just due to not having good enough players to make impactful plays in the game because all the experienced ones have stopped playing random battles, this isnt a stab at the playerbase its just common sense, you have 24 players that just dont know the key things to do in order to win a game and to make a comeback from a losing situation.

But as far as certain missions that wargaming gives out i agree with this cat guy, wargaming should not be releasing missions that encourage throwing matches or griefing your team, for example i cant remember if it was puerto rico event or before that but there was a set of missions that required like 10 first bloods, so of course all the gamers take a destroyer run it down from game start and torp rush as quick as possible to get a first blood even it means suiciding.

My favourite was the get kills missions where everyone holds their shots till you get a ship down to low hp before you see 10 team salvos all sniping this 1 shot ship.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,806
[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

How much?

Ask the OP he still believes... How you been stink? Doing ok ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,077 posts
15,941 battles
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Ask the OP he still believes... How you been stink? Doing ok ?

Well Navalpride33, "life is like a box of chocolates". How you doing?

p.s. please send an aerial survey of your property.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
48 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

So ....what did Notser say in this video that was wrong?  Or is it just basically that you don't like CC's and therefore everything they say is wrong?

Blowouts a problem, back then and now.....Yep.

Cause of blowouts being that usually, people sit in the back and don't want to risk anything....for the most part, yep.

PR event bad for the game in general....Yep.

Not seeing what was "wrong" in the video for this comment.

He doesn't know what an OPINION is.

32 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Well in this specific case, the opinion shared in this video, in MY opinion, is not wrong.  Blowouts are a problem, but WG is dead set against any sort of skill based matchmaking on any level, thinking it would be a pointless endeavor and a waste of resources.  I disagree with that assessment (they probably can't make every match competitive, but there are some simple things they could do to balance the scale a bit), but they write the game, I don''t.

That is very common everyone things WG should implement some form of SBMM, but just as with OPINIONs with the exception of one person who doesn't know what they are!!!  the rest have their own opinions of what that MM sbmm should look like and regardless of what WG could implement, there would never be a real consensus that it is correct and that it works, and lets not forget the conspiracy theorists..  though I'd be curious to see it... even if it doesn't fix blowouts... (it can't)

23 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Why would you go to him to get collected data ? Dont that seem suspicious to you ???It is to me...

Like I said, if you believe in not going to other stats pages and go straight to Notser for stats information.... I have perfect beach front property in the desert to sell you...

He wants more team play type ribbons... Again with the current power creep meta, its not happening...

"Be careful what you support for, you may not like the end result."

When you learn what an OPINION is come back mkay? 

10 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

the constant steam rolls are just due to not having good enough players to make impactful plays in the game because all the experienced ones have stopped playing random battles, this isnt a stab at the playerbase its just common sense, you have 24 players that just dont know the key things to do in order to win a game and to make a comeback from a losing situation.

But as far as certain missions that wargaming gives out i agree with this cat guy, wargaming should not be releasing missions that encourage throwing matches or griefing your team, for example i cant remember if it was puerto rico event or before that but there was a set of missions that required like 10 first bloods, so of course all the gamers take a destroyer run it down from game start and torp rush as quick as possible to get a first blood even it means suiciding.

My favourite was the get kills missions where everyone holds their shots till you get a ship down to low hp before you see 10 team salvos all sniping this 1 shot ship.

 

Another common thought, but why does one team lose vs another if they each have the same group of inexperienced players for mm to pick from?    

Yes in regards to the missions for 1st bloods ..  and that's why to some degree I think the CC's OPINION in this case has some merit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,806
[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
7 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Well Navalpride33, "life is like a box of chocolates". How you doing?

p.s. please send an aerial survey of your property.

Its a Thursday I am still ticking... My morbid entertainment is doing statistics/basic math on Convid cases on the John Hopkins stats page.

Once you have a large enough sample (I start back at 700k world cases, will reach 3million in 4 days), you tend to love what the numbers reveal.

Its quite interesting...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,806
[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

When you learn what an OPINION is come back mkay? 

Notser opinion was based on the PR event of Dec.... Will be in May in a week and blow outs will continue to happen...

Power creep is the problem, not the CM from events...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Notser opinion was based on the PR event of Dec.... Will be in May in a week and blow outs will continue to happen...

Power creep is the problem, not the CM from events...

please provide the data and stats to support your OPINION that it is power creep.  You cannot...  because the teams could contain identical ships with identical captain skills upgrades and equipment and one side could still lose to a blowout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,806
[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
8 minutes ago, SKurj said:

please provide the data and stats to support your OPINION that it is power creep.  You cannot...  because the teams could contain identical ships with identical captain skills upgrades and equipment and one side could still lose to a blowout.

That is an ideal world, that is not the world of MM we partake in.. From every blow out I seen, results wise... Usually 2 ship classes failed to do their ship role...

I can only go by what data people volunteer to provide/show in the forums..

Must one sided loses/wins are at upper tiers. Usually ships dont cap, they dont play the objective or they just flat out DMG farm...

Problem lays in power creep, high tiers have a power creep problem... That is the root of all blow outs at high tiers... If the high caliber guns at high tiers dont produce, you're not winning period... :cap_old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,103
[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

If you believe what Notser tells you... I have a beach front property in the Mojavi Desert I can sell you. :cap_popcorn:

Is that near the Joshua tree nation monument made out of granite?:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,806
[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Is that near the Joshua tree nation monument made out of granite?:)

They say the park is lovely... :cap_horn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,103
[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

That is an ideal world, that is not the world of MM we partake in.. From every blow out I seen, results wise... Usually 2 ship classes failed to do their ship role...

I can only go by what data people volunteer to provide/show in the forums..

Must one sided loses/wins are at upper tiers. Usually ships dont cap, they dont play the objective or they just flat out DMG farm...

Problem lays in power creep, high tiers have a power creep problem... That is the root of all blow outs at high tiers... If the high caliber guns at high tiers dont produce, you're not winning period... :cap_old:

Every high t game is now filled with Alaska Georgia Barts and other prem ships that are just flat out better than what came before.

With no cv in game DD dont want to cap no matrer what.

If there is a cv then half the team goes CV hunting and wont shoot at anything but the CV.  They will turn broad side to a Yammy to fire at a CV.  Had a Khaba that never fired only went CV hunting.

I dont think there are more or less blow outs than a year or two ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×