Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shadow_Wolf7

Containers Sold in Armory Questions

9 comments in this topic

[T3I0F]
Members
49 posts
2,306 battles

Hi, I have been using my coal to buy containers in the armory lately. Specifically the "Dunkirk" and "Vive le France" containers for the unique commander rewards for completing their respective collections. After looking at the other collections and their rewards with the other containers offered in the store, such as the "American Cruisers" container that just gives cosmetic stuff like changing the color of your camo and being able to mount two flags they don't seem to be worth going for. Personally, I would rather spend my coal on some of the commanders for resources or getting a ship like the Thunderer or Salem that will improve the game for me. However, after some research it seems like containers like the "American Cruiser" containers and the "In the Service of the Motherland" containers had a small chance to give you a mission for a premium ship originally. This could be worth it for me since I am a free to play player but if I look at their description in the armory it doesn't mention this chance to drop a premium ship mission, just the camo, freeXP and other stuff. So my question is: do these containers still have a small chance to drop a mission for a premium ship or was that aspect removed when they where placed into the armory? I still am not going to prioritize getting them if they still have that chance since it's probably extremely small but would be nice to know for the future if I have some extra coal lying around and nothing else I'm interested in.

Also, side question, anyone know if containers for the Italian collection will ever come out in the armory? I was like a couple items short of completing that collection but didn't quite make it.

[T3I0F]
Members
49 posts
2,306 battles
3 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Can't you complete the collections through daily crates if you've already started them?

Unfortunately not for all collections. You can check which ones by going into the collection and there will be a little switch that says something like "enable collecting items for this collection through daily shipments". The recent High School Fleet Collection worked that way for example but the others don't.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,668 posts
9,483 battles
7 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Can't you complete the collections through daily crates if you've already started them?

Some of them, yes, but not all. For example, older ones such as the Bismarck and Dunkirk collections do not have the option, as well as a few newer ones such as the Resolute and Rapid collection which awards Sonsonetti (and will have containers available in the armory next patch).

Also, in regards to the OP, the contents of each container are described in the armory. If something is not listed there, it won’t drop.

Edited by Nevermore135

Members
4,362 posts
11,269 battles

The only armory container that still has a chance of dropping a ship mission is the Dunkirk container (which can drop Cossack). The other ones just drop the flags/camos/etc and collection elements, and most of the collections just reward cosmetic stuff, although the American cruisers collection gives a free permacamo for Cleveland as the final reward. Some of the collections can be completed through daily containers once they’re unlocked (including the American cruisers collection), some can only be completed with event containers.

The Resolute and Rapid containers are coming to the armory in 9.4, assumed to be for 1k coal each like the other containers.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
46 minutes ago, Shadow_Wolf7 said:

Hi, I have been using my coal to buy containers in the armory lately. Specifically the "Dunkirk" and "Vive le France" containers for the unique commander rewards for completing their respective collections. After looking at the other collections and their rewards with the other containers offered in the store, such as the "American Cruisers" container that just gives cosmetic stuff like changing the color of your camo and being able to mount two flags they don't seem to be worth going for. Personally, I would rather spend my coal on some of the commanders for resources or getting a ship like the Thunderer or Salem that will improve the game for me. However, after some research it seems like containers like the "American Cruiser" containers and the "In the Service of the Motherland" containers had a small chance to give you a mission for a premium ship originally. This could be worth it for me since I am a free to play player but if I look at their description in the armory it doesn't mention this chance to drop a premium ship mission, just the camo, freeXP and other stuff. So my question is: do these containers still have a small chance to drop a mission for a premium ship or was that aspect removed when they where placed into the armory? I still am not going to prioritize getting them if they still have that chance since it's probably extremely small but would be nice to know for the future if I have some extra coal lying around and nothing else I'm interested in.

Also, side question, anyone know if containers for the Italian collection will ever come out in the armory? I was like a couple items short of completing that collection but didn't quite make it.

My belief is that I would not spend coal on anything other than ships. If I haven't completed a collection, then sure. Otherwise, nope!

For the American Cruisers container and In the Service of the Motherland container, a drop chance of ships is not mentioned in the description. Therefore, I would assume these containers do not drop ships.

Really interesting is the Dunkirk container, which I believe is the only container in the Armory with a chance of dropping premium ships. That said, I would not buy excessive amounts of the Dunkirk container hoping for a premium ship. Chances are, it won't happen and the coal is better spent on a guaranteed premium.

As an example, I just bought 176 Dunkirk containers with 176,000 of my coal. Proof:

Spoiler

image.png.281feb7df2cdc29c8555b4f09ab30d51.png

image.png.e14fc0f54044f9fc63193f46f2fc3c51.png

And here is my haul:

image.thumb.png.8152fbf249be9f77e66268e8b92047be.png

Was it worth my 176,000 coal? No! Definitely not. Especially since I already finished the collection.

Now, you may ask: How do I know that the description is accurate and there actually is a chance of Gallant? I asked such a question last year, so read here for more:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/199929-is-it-still-possible-to-get-gallant-from-dunkirk-containers-pt-experiment/

[T3I0F]
Members
49 posts
2,306 battles
46 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

The only armory container that still has a chance of dropping a ship mission is the Dunkirk container (which can drop Cossack). The other ones just drop the flags/camos/etc and collection elements, and most of the collections just reward cosmetic stuff, although the American cruisers collection gives a free permacamo for Cleveland as the final reward. Some of the collections can be completed through daily containers once they’re unlocked (including the American cruisers collection), some can only be completed with event containers.

The Resolute and Rapid containers are coming to the armory in 9.4, assumed to be for 1k coal each like the other containers.

Is there a way I can tell which ones can be completed through daily containers once started? I'm not going to spend thousands of coal to go through the American Cruisers collection just for cosmetic items but I am totally fine spending 1 thousand coal to start the collection and then finishing it through daily shipments.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
5 minutes ago, Shadow_Wolf7 said:

Is there a way I can tell which ones can be completed through daily containers once started? I'm not going to spend thousands of coal to go through the American Cruisers collection just for cosmetic items but I am totally fine spending 1 thousand coal to start the collection and then finishing it through daily shipments.

You can see the list at https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Collections

"Subscription" means getting 1 item is enough to finish.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,923 posts
15,391 battles
1 hour ago, Shadow_Wolf7 said:

I'm interested in

Being able to mount 2 flags, not signals, don't get mix up; is an advantage for those who got the MM flag with 5% of each. Then if you also got beta, alpha, CC, privateer flags that another 5% of only 1 bonus that like 10% bonus, and it creep up big bonus in the long run.

Another example is when to use the rank flag to creep more bonus, so if you are at 15, 10, 5 and first there are temporary flag with bonuses.

Any other flags with just cosmetics is not discussed

for signals, you can now mount 21.

Sign in to follow this