Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

PT, Balance Changes

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,704
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,524 posts
13,893 battles

Aloha,

Check out this latest change here:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/12

Please leave your feedback to these balance changes here.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
Members
596 posts
10,570 battles

The small German DDs getting a hydro is quite fine, it didn't make much sense for them to not have it

Öland... Damn 59s base? Z-52 losing it's thing more and more everyday

The fighter and spotter on the T9/TX American CLs... I mean it's nice but not sure who would take spotter over radar (cough cough old Yuro's video)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,792
[WORX]
Members
10,629 posts
18,519 battles

I know its just testing... But this is not needed, especially at high tiers...

VIII North Carolina

  • Deck armor plating increased from 37 to 38 mm.
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[CS7]
Members
224 posts
3,282 battles

Enough with increases to the Jutland and Daring torpedo reload times.  I get why the gun reload needed adjusted after the IFHE changes, but their torps aren't the strongest to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
798
[WOLFC]
Members
1,644 posts
9,465 battles
37 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I know its just testing... But this is not needed, especially at high tiers...

VIII North Carolina

  • Deck armor plating increased from 37 to 38 mm.

Tier VIII+ 152mm and 180mm HE pen 37mm with the recent IFHE and base penetration changes. With this change, the only CLs that will be able to pen her decks will be 155mm Mogami and Mainz. NC having 37mm vs 38mm of deck armor didn’t used to really matter, since AFAIK there weren’t any guns that could pen 37mm but not the 38mm deck found on other high tier US BBs. WG doesn’t seem to want most CLs to be able to pen the central deck of battleships, and this change does that by bringing NC’s armor in line with that of her peers.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
Members
596 posts
10,570 battles
11 minutes ago, Maddau said:

Enough with increases to the Jutland and Daring torpedo reload times.  I get why the gun reload needed adjusted after the IFHE changes, but their torps aren't the strongest to begin with.

Jutland and specially Daring are way too strong right now compared to the other DDs, please tell me why Daring is SO MUCH BETTER than Z-52, please I would love to read why she gets better base HP, heal, awesome smokes, far superior DPM, actually good AP with good HE, hydro and to top it all better concealment

Z-52 on the other hand has... 6km Hydro and... Better AP alpha? Daring is what Kebler is to Khaba, a direct upgrade with absolutely no reason to powercreep so badly the older ship

As for your reference to the torpedos... Yeah they are not the best ever but calling them bad would be a massive mistake, being able to drop them one by one you can dev strike any ship in game including the BBs with massive torpedo belts while other DDs, even torpedo boats, fail do 1 shoot those BBs like Yamato or Kremlin (try it, use 8 Asashio torps on a broadside Yamato and you will see that due to some hitting the bulges it's not a dev strike)

Daring has extremely high DPM so yeah, it's more than reasonable to nerf the torpedos to compensate, just look at Harugumo with it's slow as hell reloading torps and only a single launcher. Yes Haru gets a TRB but it recharges every 4 minutes so not exactly a spammeable consumable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,792
[WORX]
Members
10,629 posts
18,519 battles
1 minute ago, Nevermore135 said:

Tier VIII+ 152mm and 180mm HE pen 37mm with the recent IFHE and base penetration changes. With this change, the only CLs that will be able to pen her decks will be 155mm Mogami and Mainz. NC having 37mm vs 38mm of deck armor didn’t used to really matter, since AFAIK there weren’t any guns that could pen 37mm but not the 38mm deck found on other high tier US BBs. WG doesn’t seem to want most CLs to be able to pen the central deck of battleships, and this change does that by bringing NC’s armor in line with that of her peers.

The irony, is the unneeded, unwarranted power creep of a ship class that doesn't need it... This is way blow outs and other demoralizing elements exists in the game...

As far as I am concern, this will make the issue worse...

  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[CS7]
Members
224 posts
3,282 battles
29 minutes ago, XurMP said:

Daring has extremely high DPM so yeah, it's more than reasonable to nerf the torpedos to compensate, just look at Harugumo with it's slow as hell reloading torps and only a single launcher. Yes Haru gets a TRB but it recharges every 4 minutes so not exactly a spammeable consumable

Her gun DPM is high.  Not her torpedoes.  I can't follow the logic why they need an even longer torp reload to compensate for her gun DPM.  Her guns are not Harugumo's guns with their insane HE pen, great ballistics plus two more barrels.   

Much like Daring/Jutland AP, torp single fire is very situational: usually at close range or when a target is sitting stationary.  Hitting anything with torps is very difficult, and firing a spread is still the best option 95% of the time.  It is a nice feature of the UK ships, and more useful than a wide spread, but a reload booster is much more powerful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,482
[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles

Well, T-22 and Gaede's stock hull getting a Hydro is a nice touch... though it feels like a token gesture, lol.

IMHO, what the German DD's really need is the special 1/4 HE Pen on their guns, lol. :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
527
[GRAVE]
Members
1,268 posts
18,762 battles

First of all, anyone using a plane on Cleveland, Seattle, and Worcester shouldn't be playing high tiers

NC is good, now 152 and 180mm guns cannot pen her like they can now.

I don't get the Gangut buff at all, Gangut probably needs a nerf, not a small buff of any kind

The rest make sense and are good changes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,133
[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,628 posts
4,995 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

The irony, is the unneeded, unwarranted power creep of a ship class that doesn't need it... This is way blow outs and other demoralizing elements exists in the game...

As far as I am concern, this will make the issue worse...

Keep in mind that this isn't really a buff, just a return to the state it was in prior to the IFHE rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,792
[WORX]
Members
10,629 posts
18,519 battles
1 minute ago, Helstrem said:

Keep in mind that this isn't really a buff, just a return to the state it was in prior to the IFHE rework.

Its not a major buff or a needed buff I agree, this is not the change that was needed...

Now this goes for all classes, not just this specific class. I am not liking the direction WG is going... Mind you its human nature to see a train wreck... Sadly, I am no different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,133
[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,628 posts
4,995 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its not a major buff or a needed buff I agree, this is not the change that was needed...

Now this goes for all classes, not just this specific class. I am not liking the direction WG is going... Mind you its human nature to see a train wreck... Sadly, I am no different.

It is not a buff at all in the sense that it returns to prior status.  It is, essentially, a revocation of a nerf.  An unintended nerf I would guess, given the IFHE rework was tweaked to not reduce the usefulness of the central deck plating on US BBs.  They simply forgot that North Carolina's was not 38mm like the others, but 37mm instead.  37mm used to provide exactly the same benefits that 38mm did, so nobody really noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
791
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,751 posts
11,730 battles

So the benefits of having a catapult fighter has now been further reduced.

Also, since when did a t2 cruiser that only has AP needed a reload Nerf?

BTW, nice buff for North Carolina; she's no longer IFHE food. Nevertheless, tier based weapon penetration was never a good idea for the ships and themselves.

Also, can Atlanta and Flint get a 4.5s base reload and 5 additional flack puffs and Texas her flack puffs back? It would especially help Atlanta and really help Texas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
444
[THREE]
Members
2,397 posts
13,188 battles

Hey

So when is the Pan-Asian DD line going to see some love?  Since you over Nerf'd the line a while ago; can't tell me you consider it balanced in any meaningful way.

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,573
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
On 4/24/2020 at 10:28 AM, tfcas119 said:

First of all, anyone using a plane on Cleveland, Seattle, and Worcester shouldn't be playing high tiers

*laughs in Yuro*

What I really appreciate is the US DDs now being able to mount DefAA regardless of hull. It's not quite the entire quality of life upgrade I was hoping for (now there's really no reason to run C hull), but it's definitely welcome.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,611
[WOLF3]
Members
27,038 posts
23,838 battles

VIII NORTH CAROLINA

Deck armor plating increased from 37 to 38 mm.

Thank you, it was a big injustice done to NC with the IFHE / Armor update.

 

V T-22

"Hydroacoustic Search" consumable was added in a separate slot.
VI ERNST GAEDE

"Hydroacoustic Search" consumable can now be mounted when the base hull is used.

Good.

 

On 4/24/2020 at 5:22 AM, Navalpride33 said:

I know its just testing... But this is not needed, especially at high tiers...

VIII North Carolina

  • Deck armor plating increased from 37 to 38 mm.

It was needed.  Every other High Tier USN BB has 38mm deck armor while North Carolina was left at 37mm and farmable by every High Tier CL with IFHE.

 

The IFHE / Armor changes shafted NC needlessly while South Dakota-class, and every other High Tier USN BB got off better than her.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
114
[BTH]
Members
319 posts
16,516 battles
Quote

VIII CLEVELAND

  • The "Fighter" consumable was added to the same slot as the "Surveillance Radar" consumable.

IX SEATTLE , X WORCESTER

  • The "Fighter" and "Spotting Aircraft" consumables were added to the same slot as the "Surveillance Radar" consumable.

teaching people to play incorrectly :fish_haloween:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×