You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yandere_Roon

Apparently it's the annual BB convention

19 comments in this topic

[XXX]
Members
525 posts
942 battles

Only way to explain this Matchmaking. Guessing they're all off at the convention.

image.thumb.png.fdebad8e295e8d1da1bc75296cd29d12.png

Edited by Yandere_Roon

[OO7]
Members
545 posts
6,771 battles

Let me look at the recent wows ship additions:

• smolensk - farms bb from 19km and pretty much only takes over pen dmg
  • venezia - farms bb from long range and so slippery bb can't reliably hit them
  • goliath - high HE pen and fire chance means they slap bb harder than they can cruiser with their bad shell travel times
  • EU dd - literally un-dodgeble 90knt torps for a lumbering ship like bb
  • thunderer - one looks at the server avg and 60% fire chance to know this is what bb farming heaven is made from
  • Haku (CV) - I mean the 550k world record game is from farming bb floods
  • Midway (CV) - HE DB drops for like 15k, specially on a slow bb
  • Aud (CV) - you can drop every single torp in your attack run on a bb over several passes and the bb wont be able fight back

Need to go on more?  No wonder people don't play bb anymore

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

Members
3,757 posts
23,311 battles

Had a few battles yesterday with only 1-2 BBs but had like 4 games with 6 BBs per side. It's just what's in the queue when your match was formed.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,140 posts
14,323 battles
40 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Only way to explain this Matchmaking. Guessing they're all off at the convention.

I'm waiting for the day when MM serves up a random battle with no battleships or carriers and at least one of the destroyers is an Asashio. Then there will be screaming you could hear from Mars. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
1 hour ago, Yandere_Roon said:

That is a queue dump even though it is a full match.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,631 battles

I personally love those matches. The hefty cruisers fill in as BBs and the small ones play DD for a bit. In my experience, these battles are the most fun out there since the dynamic of BBs still exists, but the game remains mobile.

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,331 battles
31 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm waiting for the day when MM serves up a random battle with no battleships or carriers and at least one of the destroyers is an Asashio. Then there will be screaming you could hear from Mars. :Smile_trollface:

Hate to disillusion you ET, but I am on Mars, and can hear the whining. (not being troll/serious) lol

[RLGN]
Members
14,303 posts
25,241 battles
34 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That was literally my first ever game in Asashio. (A Randoms even.)

First thing in chat... "That Asashio is so screwed..."

[TJRD]
Members
836 posts
5,456 battles

Maybe people are beginning to realize BBs are support class and Cruisers are more fun? :Smile_trollface:

:CA: All the way baby! 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,915 posts
11,593 battles
42 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

thats why i think the Asashio isnt all its cracked up to be, it literally relies on MM to make one of its weapon systems useful, afaik, theres no other ship that has that issue

[APES]
Members
1,488 posts
8,400 battles

Just wait for "subs".  All they have to do is lay low until the end and once the DD's are dead, easy win.

Banned
627 posts
2 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

thats why i think the Asashio isnt all its cracked up to be, it literally relies on MM to make one of its weapon systems useful, afaik, theres no other ship that has that issue

Happened to me once, just after Asahio came out, when every BB driver was Chicken Littling, it was amusing. Found out that the Asashio can win gunfights if it has to with some clever tactics and maneuvering.

Edited by Neko_Ship_Akashi

Members
1,624 posts

you BB main does not have cure, you're hopeless...

:CA::CA::CA:

Edited by loco_max

Members
1,427 posts
7,116 battles

Yes, you are right. Their is a convention and it is being held behind an island on your favorite map. You will see a ton of BB behind it sitting there chatting while they make sure that the parking attendant does not scratch the paint. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles
27 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Yes, you are right. Their is a convention and it is being held behind an island on your favorite map. You will see a ton of BB behind it sitting there chatting while they make sure that the parking attendant does not scratch the paint. 

The convention is off the back of the map which is why they all que up on the edge trying to get in

• Cool 2

[XXX]
Members
525 posts
942 battles
58 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

I personally love those matches. The hefty cruisers fill in as BBs and the small ones play DD for a bit. In my experience, these battles are the most fun out there since the dynamic of BBs still exists, but the game remains mobile.

Oh I didn't say it wasn't fun, it was hella fun. Including getting a ram kill on a DD who underestimated his turning radius and wasn't expecting me to turn into him for it. Our Yorck was the star of the match though, sadly I got focused down early after that ram kill but the Yorck was basically our BB, citadelling enemy cruisers left and right. His exact words were

"I'm the Battleship now!"

• Funny 1

[THREE]
Members
2,142 posts
10,912 battles
2 hours ago, mixmkz said:

Haku (CV) - I mean the 550k world record game is from farming bb floods

That replay was insane. Glad they patch out AA immunity when beginning and exiting attack runs.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,845 battles
2 hours ago, Yandere_Roon said:

That's more realistic, though more DDs would make it better as far as proportions go.  DDs formed the bulk of a navy's warships.