Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
5 posts
6,513 battles

It dawned on me yesterday, this could apply to World of Tanks, too.  At lower tier levels, as a suggestion at or below Tier V, there needs to be a handicapping system so that the more experienced players don't go in and farm new players or players trying to learn.  It might also encourage more players if they aren't being farmed for XP and credits all day.  Above Tier V, anything goes.  Also, the newer player could, at his/her own discretion, opt out of the handicapping system.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,184
[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,791 battles

It's called "skill based matchmaking".  And it's something that WG has always been steadfastly opposed to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5 posts
6,513 battles

They shouldn't be.  Nothing makes a new person quit faster than being farming fodder.  I know I quit WoTanks because of it this week.  People with years of experience come down to the lower tiers to farm the newer guys and it discourages PAYING customers from staying in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,508
[HINON]
Members
13,235 posts

Players already receive far less xp and credits when fighting a lower tiered vessel. On the opposite side players get far more for damaging higher tiered vessels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Players already receive far less xp and credits when fighting a lower tiered vessel. On the opposite side players get far more for damaging higher tiered vessels. 

that isn't the point the op was making, it was about a unicum in a T3 farming noobs in T4's.... for example...

 

aka sealclubbing... stat padding.. etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
30 minutes ago, RoosterNM said:

It dawned on me yesterday, this could apply to World of Tanks, too.  At lower tier levels, as a suggestion at or below Tier V, there needs to be a handicapping system so that the more experienced players don't go in and farm new players or players trying to learn.  It might also encourage more players if they aren't being farmed for XP and credits all day.  Above Tier V, anything goes.  Also, the newer player could, at his/her own discretion, opt out of the handicapping system.

That’s not entirely possible nor a good idea. Because like in WOT Blitz they attempted to do this with certain things, but a Veteran player is still going to have more Crew Skills and experience playing the game even with handicaps applied to low tier tanks. And the same will be true for low tier WOWs. It’s better to allow the new players to gain upgrades and get used to the idea of upgrading ships before they get to mid tiers.

And sometimes not all veteran players are at low tier to Seal Club, sometimes they are down their to help escort some of the new players. Like during battles where there were 3 CVs per side I would sometimes take my Kuma with the best AA I could practically manage and help provide escort to newer players that were trying to learn and grind ships that were pretty much defenseless against air attacks. And with a Kuma carrying fully tricked out cat fighters and a little enhancement to her AA guns I could escort some players and buy them time and a better experience playing instead of being CV seal clubber bait.

Now if I want to have fun seal clubbing, I instead go and play tier X which has a lot better seal clubbing. Which sounds crazy, but all too true lol. It’s mid tiers that you go to for more skillful gameplay on average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,429
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,089 posts
18,898 battles

Enough players are already handicapped in this game judging by how they play.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,420
[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,330 posts
20,013 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Enough players are already handicapped in this game judging by how they play.

This^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,248
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,086 posts
4,071 battles
1 hour ago, RoosterNM said:

 and it discourages PAYING customers from staying in.

Ah, but the guys seal-clubbing at low tiers are often the ones buying whatever they can because they think it makes them better. New shiny T9 premium? The guy with 2K battles at T1 is grabbing it because it's going to be the next best thing. He get's clobbered for 10 battles and goes back to T2. Repeat with next premium. Not to mention premium time, flags, consumables, etc. WG's not going to discourage these people because I'm sure they make them a lot of money.

52 minutes ago, Lert said:

Enough players are already handicapped in this game judging by how they play.

Yeah, there's a reason they're playing T1, they get destroyed at T10 and clubbing seals is the only thing they can excel at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,508
[HINON]
Members
13,235 posts
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, there's a reason they're playing T1, they get destroyed at T10 and clubbing seals is the only thing they can excel at

Due to protected MM, they arent seeing newbies at T1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×