Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
macktkau2

Finally Got My Sinop!

8 comments in this topic

Members
829 posts
4,668 battles

More like SinOP amirite??!

This ship is slow, it's guns turn slower than a wet week but by god they hit hard, and this ship is a beast at tanking as long as you don't give broadside.

This was me 3rd or 4th game in it. Last kill was a carrier who didn't run in the right direction. I hit it about 20 times but got 90% overpens so it took way too long to kill. :cap_rambo:

chapkrak.thumb.JPG.a47c349117f2260d9574b54600e6e9a8.JPG

And a follow up question, is the extra range upgrade really that worth it? I found it a bit inaccurate at longer distances. Or just go straight B Hull then go for the next ship?

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,282 posts
14,669 battles

Use HE on DD's and CV's.

Members
829 posts
4,668 battles

I always do against DD's. The CV I thought I would citadel the damn thing and blow it sky high. Got the job done in the end.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

@macktkau2  just unlocked the Izmail myself, how did you find the grind?  (I free xp'd all the upgrades)   hitting power feels great but i wonder if  I should be sailing it backwards... :)

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,209 posts
13,537 battles

Congrats, @macktkau2Sinop is arguably one of the strongest battleships at T7.

It's a very campy, bow-tank playstyle, if that's your thing.  Personally, I find it kind of boring, but I guess I'm weird like that.

• Cool 1

Members
829 posts
4,668 battles
5 hours ago, SKurj said:

@macktkau2  just unlocked the Izmail myself, how did you find the grind?  (I free xp'd all the upgrades)   hitting power feels great but i wonder if  I should be sailing it backwards... :)

Izmail reminded me a lot of the Lyon, Wyoming and to a lesser extent the "Standard" US Battleships (New York, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado). I had a 60% WR but a pretty mediocre average damage (47k), but managed one Kraken with it, it was fun enough to play.

The Izmail, Lyon and Wymoing let me do one of my favourite things in the game, which is when you know a DD is in the area, load HE, and then when they show up you swing about and you unleash an entire broadside of a dozen+ from a few KM away and obliterate it.

Apart from that, I play them mostly the same way (and the Sinop as well from the short time I've played with it). Pick a flank, slowly drive towards it, don't show broadside, be prepared to turn away and kite if you don't like the matchup or what your team-mates are doing before the enemy can shoot that broadside so that you can help your team later by not dying immediately, ensure you angle towards enemy battleships, but have enemy cruisers as your priority target.

I've never really enjoyed the camping/reverse Battleship style (my two favourite BB's in the game are the Bismarck and the Georgia and I haven't liked the Richelieu at all) but I don't push like a yolo idiot either. Timing is important.

• Cool 1

[_DOS_]
Members
369 posts
2,630 battles

The Sinop is a great ship. Probably one of the most enjoyable grinds I have had. Be sure to mostly bow-tank in it. It's great for pushing when you are placed higher on the tier list, and holding things down when you are on the lower end.

[DOW]
Members
903 posts
5,790 battles

I love the Sinop. She is my favorite Russian battleship and my favorite Tier 7 battleship. I use the secondary build on her, but her 16-inch main guns are incredibly potent at brawling:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this