You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shokaku_kawaii

Venezia needs nerf

13 comments in this topic

[CCTV1]
Members
2 posts
10,344 battles

Too many Venezias in clan battles. It is too hard to counter them. Also the SAP to CAs are too op for it.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,731 posts
19,740 battles
10 minutes ago, Shokaku_kawaii said:

Too many Venezias in clan battles. It is too hard to counter them. Also the SAP to CAs are too op for it.

My Moskva citadels them just fine.

[THREE]
Members
2,320 posts
12,510 battles

Hey

I was in my Henri 4 and it worked decently well but the Venezia was wrecking me with SAP rounds, it was chunking me more than a Des Moines or even a Stalingrad when I was well angled, at the same ranges.  Finally got killed when I had my guns on target with AP broadside (got 1 citadel and a couple of pens) and for some reason my game lagged or something he killed me, then I returned to normal with full control.  Go figure, thanks RNG?  Those guns are ridiculous even when well angled, so much for spaced French armor.

Pete

• Boring 1

[THREE]
Members
2,320 posts
12,510 battles
46 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

My Moskva citadels them just fine.

Hey

Anything can citadel them with a broadside.  But he can you for a lot more damage for most angles.  Your AP will just ricochet, and your HE is rather Meh most of the time.

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research
  • Boring 1

[ST33L]
Members
169 posts
1,941 battles
4 hours ago, Shokaku_kawaii said:

>Let's nerf all the ships that kill me very fast

>Let's nerf all the fascist ships

Oh so they can all be horribly out tiered like Bismarck and beat to death by everyone? lmbo. 

Edited by LeavingForever
  • Cool 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,731 posts
19,740 battles
11 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Anything can citadel them with a broadside.  But he can you for a lot more damage for most angles.  Your AP will just ricochet, and your HE is rather Meh most of the time.

Pete

If your clan can't get angles on him, your positioning wrong, or your focus fire isn't working.

[THREE]
Members
2,320 posts
12,510 battles
5 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

If your clan can't get angles on him, your positioning wrong, or your focus fire isn't working.

Hey

Oh, make no mistake, after I died thanks to a game freeze up issue that was about 2 reloads in length; the rest of the crew killed him and we went on to a win for that Clan battle match.  All the same, that SAP was brutally effective even when well angled.

Pete

[90TH]
Members
1,148 posts
10,928 battles
9 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

A Ven at 15-20k in the corner... nothing you can do.  Pls show me the replay where your clan is crushing two Venezias on a flank.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,731 posts
19,740 battles
2 hours ago, n00bot said:

A Ven at 15-20k in the corner... nothing you can do.  Pls show me the replay where your clan is crushing two Venezias on a flank.

3 stalin's,  2 Rico's had no problem turning 2 Venezia's away from flank and taking cap.

Granted, we are not playing in the top 2 leagues yet so we haven't faced the better clans, but those that bring 2cof em have been 1 clan. Ran into 2 other clans running 1.

[90TH]
Members
1,148 posts
10,928 battles
21 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

3 stalin's,  2 Rico's had no problem turning 2 Venezia's away from flank and taking cap.

Granted, we are not playing in the top 2 leagues yet so we haven't faced the better clans, but those that bring 2cof em have been 1 clan. Ran into 2 other clans running 1.

So you're saying that if it's 5v2 it's not too bad?

FFS nerf the Venezia

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,731 posts
19,740 battles
8 minutes ago, n00bot said:

So you're saying that if it's 5v2 it's not too bad?

FFS nerf the Venezia

What we have run into so far is 2 Venezia running a flank with a Stalingrad holding an island in support. Just happened we had 4 ships on that side and my Moskva had range to hit them from mid point I was anchored at.

Our sole Venezia got focused amd had to retreat.

Now higher league play might be running 3 Venezia's,  but we haven't run into that meta yet.

We have seen a Hak, 3 Stalingrads and 3 Klebers....

[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
126 posts
18,115 battles

Think about this, 1 CV and 6 Venezia :P They can sit in rolling smoke, let CV spot, and take out any cruiser in a couple of minutes. They also have decent angling, plus good speed (with flags around 36 kts) and maneuverability. Almost forgot they also have a 40mm bulkhead so can reasonably bow on if forced to. They also consistently chunk out 5 to 10k damage per salvo consistently.

I div'ed in my Venezia with 2 other Venezia's the other day in randoms (yes someone on our team called us a cancer div :) ). 1st ship we saw was a full health Des Moines. 2 full salvoes from all 3 Venezia and the Des Moines was history, next boat sighted was a Zao with the same results, the Moskava took abit longer because he saw the other 2 ships deleted and ran but by the end of the 5th min of the game we had killed 3 ships. When the battle was over we had killed 8 of the 12 boats on the other side and the lowest health Venezia was around 2/3's.

Edited by Rascally_Rabbit