Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Tanman

Proof of shells falling short. Replay attached.

50 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

261
[BIER]
Members
171 posts
8,791 battles

https://replayswows.com/replay/88805#stats

I know they have said they are aware of a synch issue. And I know Flamu's video shows examples of this. But take a look at this repay right at the 17 minute mark.

I am facing the broadside of a Chappy. He is dead in the water. Not moving forward or backwards. I fired off a full salvo and every single shell falls way short. 

First, I am missing something? Was I not aimed correctly? Did the island mess up my shot?

Second, if it is the "fall short bug" than it is more than a synch issue because the Chappy was not moving. Other examples have ships moving and not being where they are supposed to be. This could be/is an example of a non moving ship with shells falling short. And that means it is a different problem than the synch issue they are now acknowledging. 

Mister_Tanman

20200422_130418_PFSB518-Jean-Bart_18_NE_ice_islands.wowsreplay

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,463
[GOB]
Members
2,052 posts
1 hour ago, Mister_Tanman said:

https://replayswows.com/replay/88805#stats

I know they have said they are aware of a synch issue. And I know Flamu's video shows examples of this. But take a look at this repay right at the 17 minute mark.

I am facing the broadside of a Chappy. He is dead in the water. Not moving forward or backwards. I fired off a full salvo and every single shell falls way short. 

First, I am missing something? Was I not aimed correctly? Did the island mess up my shot?

Second, if it is the "fall short bug" than it is more than a synch issue because the Chappy was not moving. Other examples have ships moving and not being where they are supposed to be. This could be/is an example of a non moving ship with shells falling short. And that means it is a different problem than the synch issue they are now acknowledging. 

Mister_Tanman

20200422_130418_PFSB518-Jean-Bart_18_NE_ice_islands.wowsreplay

Don't need to see the replay.. happened to me.  Big fat juicy broadside less than 6 km away and THREE Volleys fell short. actually 2 did, the third I compensated for the error and it went all over the place.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,223
[YORHA]
Members
4,997 posts
9,988 battles

It is not only that most of your shells fall short even though you aimed high (which they clearly do) , but one of them passes through the ship without doing any damage.  This isn't  desync as the ship has been stationary from well before your shot.

This is a serious problem with the game.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
468
[CLUMP]
Members
818 posts
1,163 battles

Here I thought it was just me and I had bad aim but it seems that might not be the case well at least for somethings I have been seen lately :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by LastRemnant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

This isn't shells falling short...  this is multiple shells passing through a ship with no damage...  a stationary ship...

There are at least 2 maybe 3  that just pass through it and hit the water on the far side of the ship...  

Took 2 screens from the provided replay:

besxQhP.png

3qrkz5u.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[REALY]
Members
202 posts
1,993 battles

In before the WG shills screaming that there's no bug, it's just confirmation bias, it's just RNG, it's not the game, it's you, blah blah blah.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
261
[BIER]
Members
171 posts
8,791 battles

The screen shots are crazy! From the viewpoint of my ship, they look like they fall short, but they just went right through.

Being that the Chappy was not moving, this is not a synch issue.

Seems more like the information being sent/received is just plain wrong.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

lag?  i am not so sure...  the chapayev was stationary for a long time... yet shells pass through?  luckily people aren't screaming about hax...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,791
[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles
11 hours ago, Mister_Tanman said:

https://replayswows.com/replay/88805#stats

I know they have said they are aware of a synch issue. And I know Flamu's video shows examples of this. But take a look at this repay right at the 17 minute mark.

I am facing the broadside of a Chappy. He is dead in the water. Not moving forward or backwards. I fired off a full salvo and every single shell falls way short. 

First, I am missing something? Was I not aimed correctly? Did the island mess up my shot?

Second, if it is the "fall short bug" than it is more than a synch issue because the Chappy was not moving. Other examples have ships moving and not being where they are supposed to be. This could be/is an example of a non moving ship with shells falling short. And that means it is a different problem than the synch issue they are now acknowledging. 

Mister_Tanman

20200422_130418_PFSB518-Jean-Bart_18_NE_ice_islands.wowsreplay

With over 900 FPS, I am not convinced its a programming issue but more of your system having issues refreshing.

  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,223
[YORHA]
Members
4,997 posts
9,988 battles
53 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

With over 900 FPS, I am not convinced its a programming issue but more of your system having issues refreshing.

Not sure what you are seeing but when I run the replay I see 9 FPS and -35 ping.  But it doesn't matter because you can't go by any of that. The replay system doesn't show the real values of either.

Edited by JCC45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
261
[BIER]
Members
171 posts
8,791 battles
57 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

With over 900 FPS, I am not convinced its a programming issue but more of your system having issues refreshing.

Not sure where you are seeing 900 FPS. Game was running fine. System runs fine. Proof is that I had a really good game. LOL! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,791
[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles

4 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Not sure what you are seeing but when I run the replay I see 9 FPS and -35 ping.

I was going by the snap shot...

image.png.b9d6e42018d42454701e35f9b23bfdf1.png

 

As we both stated, either extrems dont prove a program fail... It does prove a local machine issue.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
261
[BIER]
Members
171 posts
8,791 battles
15 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I was going by the snap shot...

image.png.b9d6e42018d42454701e35f9b23bfdf1.png

 

As we both stated, either extrems dont prove a program fail... It does prove a local machine issue.

If by "local machine" you mean mine, than your are incorrect. If there was, then the rest of the match would have been jacked up. Over 6400 games under my belt. I would have noticed a "local machine" issue long before this match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,791
[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles
1 minute ago, Mister_Tanman said:

If by "local machine" you mean mine, than your are incorrect. If there was, then the rest of the match would have been jacked up. Over 6400 games under my belt. I would have noticed a "local machine" issue long before this match.

Wrong... Sudden spikes in FPS did happen and someone posted a pic of it... It maybe possible you did not notice it while you were playing...

According to the pic its there, getting to 900FPS is not instantaneous, depending on what cause the spike, it can not be notice right away...

Also, we dont know or the unknown is this equation is the FPS and ping status of the ships you are shooting at...

Again this not evidence of a programming fail... It is evidence of what I noted above;.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

I paused the replay to get the screenshots you can download the replay above and watch it @ real speed if you wish.  That is why you see weird numbers, i was running the replay as slowmo as i could get it and paused at the screens you see here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Wrong... Sudden spikes in FPS did happen and someone posted a pic of it... It maybe possible you did not notice it while you were playing...

According to the pic its there, getting to 900FPS is not instantaneous, depending on what cause the spike, it can not be notice right away...

Also, we dont know or the unknown is this equation is the FPS and ping status of the ships you are shooting at...

Again this not evidence of a programming fail... It is evidence of what I noted above;.

it is a problem of programming fail...  whatever is/has caused the issue should have been considered at some point in time, but granted stuff can slip through the cracks.  WoT uses same game engine and with over 15,000 games I have never seen this issue in tanks which has higher relative speeds between vehicles and shells than WoWs will ever have.

Coding for network instability and latency has been part of online gaming for over 30 years...  this isn't new stuff..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,791
[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

it is a problem of programming fail... 

Not in this case as presented... Program fail go both ways, not one...

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
261
[BIER]
Members
171 posts
8,791 battles
13 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Wrong... Sudden spikes in FPS did happen and someone posted a pic of it... It maybe possible you did not notice it while you were playing...

According to the pic its there, getting to 900FPS is not instantaneous, depending on what cause the spike, it can not be notice right away...

Also, we dont know or the unknown is this equation is the FPS and ping status of the ships you are shooting at...

Again this not evidence of a programming fail... It is evidence of what I noted above;.

It appears you are just looking at the screenshot and not the video. The person who posted the screenshot has said multiple times the FPS jump because he was viewing it at a different speed. Please watch the video. It is not 900 FPS in the replay.

As I said in my first post, I am open to other explanations, but the 900 FPS has been resolved and is not a factor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
507 posts
5,016 battles
45 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I was going by the snap shot...

image.png.b9d6e42018d42454701e35f9b23bfdf1.png

 

As we both stated, either extrems dont prove a program fail... It does prove a local machine issue.

Isn't the snap shot from the replay? Which doesn't give accurate FPS or ping info? And this is what you are basing your 'not WG's fault, it's your machine' opinion on?

Edited by SkullCowboy_60
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,498
[WOLF7]
Members
12,595 posts

Have to love how they claimed in another thread there was no issue...but they don't even respond to this one....:Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Not in this case as presented... Program fail go both ways, not one...

programming fails do go both ways correct, but not neccessarily for both clients at the same time...  while one client may through a set of events trigger the fault while the client at the other side does not... like a case where one ship is bugged but the other isn't.  (programming fail example)

 

in the case above, it would be awesome to get the target's replay.... to compare.. he maybe wondering why he took no damage...   maybe his client saw something different... we have no idea... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,791
[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles
10 minutes ago, Mister_Tanman said:

It appears you are just looking at the screenshot and not the video. The person who posted the screenshot has said multiple times the FPS jump because he was viewing it at a different speed. Please watch the video. It is not 900 FPS in the replay.

As I said in my first post, I am open to other explanations, but the 900 FPS has been resolved and is not a factor. 

I also going by my play session... If there is a sync I just adjust my aim on the next salvo (as per Flamu video says). Its a minor issue...

Bad sync shells hitting me?? Who knows, its not that noticeable... So I have to view it both ways and to think its not a programming issue but other aiming mechanics are affected.

One thing for sure, your video dont prove anything conclusive.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×