Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

Just food for thought

16 comments in this topic

Members
360 posts

I am a co-op player and I played a few randoms when i first started out. I play co-op because it's relaxing and it's just to past the time during this virus stuff. So today I took a tier 5 into a random battle just to check it out. I did not do well but oh well. But, it got me to thinking, a player could play co-op with their co-op builds (will assume random builds are different) and pretty much get to tier 10 without ever playing a random battle. Then poof, jump into a random battle with a tier 10 and try to figure out what to do in randoms cause it's nothing like co-op. So, the next time you see someone doing poorly in a higher tier random, just remember it might be their first few random battle's at all.  

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,843 battles

Yes this is certainly possible.

[TF_64]
Members
161 posts
32 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

I am a co-op player and I played a few randoms when i first started out. I play co-op because it's relaxing and it's just to past the time during this virus stuff. So today I took a tier 5 into a random battle just to check it out. I did not do well but oh well. But, it got me to thinking, a player could play co-op with their co-op builds (will assume random builds are different) and pretty much get to tier 10 without ever playing a random battle. Then poof, jump into a random battle with a tier 10 and try to figure out what to do in randoms cause it's nothing like co-op. So, the next time you see someone doing poorly in a higher tier random, just remember it might be their first few random battle's at all.  

I started playing on a Mac. My Mac would crash if I played random. So I went up the US DD line to T10 without really playing a random battle. And yes, I really really sucked hard. 

[8492]
Members
474 posts
2,712 battles
45 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

I'd say welcome to randoms, what you just described happens on a daily basis in most of our games.

[8492]
Members
474 posts
2,712 battles
45 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yes this is certainly possible.

Aren't you the fool that was trying to torp me the other day in a random game? I'm nearly 100 percent certain that your are.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,843 battles
19 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

Aren't you the fool that was trying to torp me the other day in a random game? I'm nearly 100 percent certain that your are.

I try to torp lots of people. You could have been one.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,920 posts
15,357 battles
10 minutes ago, paradat said:

I try to torp lots of people. You could have been one.

epic respond, you make my day. :cap_haloween:

but if it is same team, then it going to be different :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,843 battles
Just now, ObiphanKenobi said:

epic respond, you make my day. :cap_haloween:

but if it is same team, then it going to be different :cap_rambo:

Rule number one never shoot the green players.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,920 posts
15,357 battles
Just now, paradat said:

ah, got'cha!

:cap_like:

good job on the torps!

Members
360 posts
1 hour ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

I'd say welcome to randoms, what you just described happens on a daily basis in most of our games.

You don't have to welcome me to randoms, I won't be going in there much if any at all. This is strictly entertainment for me cause i play to have fun and not get involved with the "I have to win so play the way I want you too" croud

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles
2 hours ago, wildcat18 said:

You don't have to welcome me to randoms, I won't be going in there much if any at all. This is strictly entertainment for me cause i play to have fun and not get involved with the "I have to win so play the way I want you too" croud

You don't have to win in randoms for most players to be happy.  You just have to try to win by not doing dumb stuff in battle. Its players that ignore the game and go off and do solo things that ignore the "team" aspect of the game that gets under peoples skin.  I say "team" in a very loose way, because there is no real team.  But, any player that does try will be generally accepted

• Cool 1

[DOG]
Members
1,108 posts
11,787 battles
4 hours ago, wildcat18 said:

If you haven't played a lot of randoms, you should probably play tier 5-7 for a while before jumping into tier 8-10.  It's a different world.  If you're playing a DD, you will be very unhappy until you learn to deal with the enemy team having 3-5 radar ships every game.  If you are playing cruisers, you have to get used to BBs and other cruisers having more accurate guns that can blap you if you show any broadside at all.  But at least you have repair party at tier 9-10.  BBs have a little wiggle room, just because they have a lot of hit points (plus repair party).  But you will still get eaten alive if you make yourself the easiest target to hit.  And there are a lot more DDs with long range torps, so you have to change speed and direction constantly, even if you don't think anything is targeting you.

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
1,511 posts
6,444 battles

I play almost exclusively CoOp. I worked up to about T5/6. Then because a mission required Random games I played some as a test at T2, in the Tachibana,  I did OK. so then I tried it in the Fubuki that was OK too. But a great sage of game knowledge I am not.

But I do not advance up tiers at all quickly so I think I have some decent experience. I would try at lower and mid tiers first to see how it went. I hope to make a contribution to my teams efforts. 

There seems to be a lot of discussion about bad teams and MM hell lately I would not want to make it worse.

But it is a game. So if you want to give it a try I can't stop you. (Not my job) But I would evaluate my games to see if it was working. If yes then great! If not, maybe some lower tier testing may be in order.

Bottom line, are you enjoying it?

[PHD]
Members
1,511 posts
6,444 battles
3 hours ago, paradat said:

I just noticed this, green players are your teammates, but also can be inexperienced players too. So does that mean don't shoot the noobs too?:cap_fainting:

I was wondering why I was surviving. 

Warning! I think bots are color blind. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,843 battles
2 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I just noticed this, green players are your teammates, but also can be inexperienced players too. So does that mean don't shoot the noobs too?:cap_fainting:

I was wondering why I was surviving. 

Warning! I think bots are color blind. 

LOL

Never shoot the green players.

Members
360 posts

Some of you mentioned that I should learn in the lower tiers of random. I only checked it out for a quick match. I plan on staying in co-op no matter how good I get or don't get. Way to toxic in there my laid back attitude.

Sign in to follow this