Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Blazefang

Remove the Smolensk

107 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
26 posts
8,882 battles

Getting tired of the OP flame thrower that when you shoot it with AP you over pen it every time VS the other machine gun cruisers that give cits out like they should.  1volley against them in a BB you do little over 4k damage if you lucky with all the over pens and god forbid a cruiser sitting at 7k away get hit with more then 3 shells cause ya know BB dispersion at close range is a joke. By the time you reload you already lost more then half you HP cause of fires. and constant damage it is dealing out with its HE.  but  that is not enough lets also give it smoke, great AA, AP shells, and torpedoes cause why not.  What is the point of even playing a Minotaur anymore?

Edited by Blazefang
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 5
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
420
[8492]
Members
474 posts
2,712 battles

Maybe you should learn to play the game better? 

 

Rule number 1 - Don't shoot the Smolensk with AP, switch rounds and shoot HE at it and watch it go to the bottom of the sea. 

 

What your post really says loudly the anything is that I need to learn to play the game better. 

 

Rule number 2 - positioning, learn how to properly position your BB

 

 

Edited by Slumlord_Dasboot
  • Cool 8
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
26 posts
8,882 battles
Just now, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

Maybe you should learn to play the game better? 

 

Rule number 1 - Don't shoot the Smolensk with AP, switch rounds and shoot HE at it and watch it go to the bottom of the sea. 

 

 

My point is you dont have time to make the shell switch to be effective cause if you just shoot your AP then go HE you have already lost half you HP.  And it does not fit in with being an easy cit like all the other machine gun cruisers to balance them.  WG did not want the minow to have HE cause they said such a ship would be OP. but look at them now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,660 posts
6 minutes ago, Blazefang said:

Getting tired of the OP flame thrower that when you shoot it with AP you over pen it every time VS the other machine gun cruisers that give cits out like they should.  1volley against them in a BB you do little over 4k damage if you lucky with all the over pens and god forbid a cruiser sitting at 7k away get hit with more then 3 shells cause ya know BB dispersion at close range is a joke. By the time you reload you already lost more then half you HP cause of fires. and constant damage it is dealing out with its HE.  but  that is not enough lets also give it smoke, great AA, AP shells, and torpedoes cause why not.  What is the point of even playing a Minotaur anymore?

They did remove it.  Check the armory.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
26 posts
8,882 battles
1 minute ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

They did remove it.  Check the armory.

They removed it from armory not the game.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
26 posts
8,882 battles
4 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

Maybe you should learn to play the game better? 

 

Rule number 1 - Don't shoot the Smolensk with AP, switch rounds and shoot HE at it and watch it go to the bottom of the sea. 

 

What your post really says loudly the anything is that I need to learn to play the game better. 

 

Rule number 2 - positioning, learn how to properly position your BB

 

 

You have more post than actual games. are you just a troll paid by WG?

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
467
[ICBM]
Members
825 posts
9,381 battles

I was actually thinking that the smol without smoke would probably have been just fine, sort of like colbert. Sure, crazy firestarting and DPS, but harder to play and very position dependent. 

It does suck to get so many overpens. It's like the opposite of other cruisers where angling actually makes it more likely to eat cits. And yeah, if you know you are about to get a broadside smol, def switch of HE. But I understand, sometimes that can take 30 seconds if you dont have ER, so that can be hard. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,808
[WORX]
Members
10,712 posts
18,582 battles

Why are people who dont know any better, picking on the weakest tier X cruiser in the game... If a Smol is flaming you down, your HC and BBs are not shooting at it...

Everyone knows... The Colbert is twice as bad then the Smol, it has better survivability too...

So stop picking an the weakest cruiser in tier X... Just shoot at it...

  • Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
26 posts
8,882 battles
3 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

I was actually thinking that the smol without smoke would probably have been just fine, sort of like colbert. Sure, crazy firestarting and DPS, but harder to play and very position dependent. 

It does suck to get so many overpens. It's like the opposite of other cruisers where angling actually makes it more likely to eat cits. And yeah, if you know you are about to get a broadside smol, def switch of HE. But I understand, sometimes that can take 30 seconds if you dont have ER, so that can be hard. 

Yes the smoke with all it has is over powering.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
26 posts
8,882 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Why are people who dont know any better, picking on the weakest tier X cruiser in the game... If a Smol is flaming you down, your HC and BBs are not shooting at it...

Everyone knows... The Colbert is twice as bad then the Smol, it has better survivability too...

So stop picking an the weakest cruiser in tier X... Just shoot at it...

weakest my A#*  if it was sooooo weak WG would still have it in armory and no one would play it.  but that is not what happens now is it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
467
[ICBM]
Members
825 posts
9,381 battles

Reward ships can be nerfed. Nobody ever payed cash for smol. Maybe they'll take away the smoke. Would be fair, and I say that as an owner of the ship. 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,129
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,467 posts
6,520 battles

LOL..... Someone still griping about removing a ship that has already been removed!!     Epic

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
467
[ICBM]
Members
825 posts
9,381 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Why are people who dont know any better, picking on the weakest tier X cruiser in the game... If a Smol is flaming you down, your HC and BBs are not shooting at it...

Everyone knows... The Colbert is twice as bad then the Smol, it has better survivability too...

So stop picking an the weakest cruiser in tier X... Just shoot at it...

I don't know, man. When I shoot colbers from a BB, I get cits, reliably. The smol is an overpen machine. That's really my only issue with it. The fires and he spam can be mitigated somewhat by positioning and proper DCON usage. I actually think that the supercruisers and heavy cruisers are a much better counter to smol, since they don't overpen nearly as much. Which you said, and I agree with. 

Edited by mrieder79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,808
[WORX]
Members
10,712 posts
18,582 battles
1 minute ago, Blazefang said:

weakest my A#*  if it was sooooo weak WG would still have it in armory and no one would play it.  but that is not what happens now is it.

Its not the ship, the ship was weak... Its the BBs who complained

  • About Fire
  • About Torps

That is why Tier X is so predictable and boring tactics... Boring because if your BBs fail to produce, no other ship class will win the game for you...

That is how disproportionate tier X game play compared to say mid tiers...

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,384
Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles

Don't worry. Once subs come in that ship will be bad. Subs can see ships in smoke. Let them sit in smoke and eat torps. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,808
[WORX]
Members
10,712 posts
18,582 battles
8 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

I don't know, man. When I shoot colbers from a BB, I get cits, reliably. The smol is an overpen machine. That's really my only issue with it. The fires and he spam can be mitigated somewhat by positioning and proper DCON usage. I actually think that the supercruisers and heavy cruisers are a much better counter to smol, since they don't overpen nearly as much. Which you said, and I agree with. 

When I played against the Colbert in PTS when it first appeared.... I can see why BBs will get angry at the fire meta... The Colbert has the fire power of 2 and a half ships...

The Smol wishes it had the fire potential of what the Colbert dishes out... Just you wait when the population of Colbert are high enough, I personally could not stand them in PTS settings..

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,846
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles
15 minutes ago, Blazefang said:

My point is you dont have time to make the shell switch to be effective cause if you just shoot your AP then go HE you have already lost half you HP.  And it does not fit in with being an easy cit like all the other machine gun cruisers to balance them.  WG did not want the minow to have HE cause they said such a ship would be OP. but look at them now.

It is no different than having a DD come into view, you fire the AP and switch on the reload or if you know about it load HE.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[MIA-I]
Members
118 posts
11 battles
25 minutes ago, Blazefang said:

Getting tired of the OP flame thrower that when you shoot it with AP you over pen it every time VS the other machine gun cruisers that give cits out like they should.  1volley against them in a BB you do little over 4k damage if you lucky with all the over pens and god forbid a cruiser sitting at 7k away get hit with more then 3 shells cause ya know BB dispersion at close range is a joke. By the time you reload you already lost more then half you HP cause of fires. and constant damage it is dealing out with its HE.  but  that is not enough lets also give it smoke, great AA, AP shells, and torpedoes cause why not.  What is the point of even playing a Minotaur anymore?

Smol isn't OP. The ship is a basically a glass machine gun. All it takes is one well aimed BB shot or a few good heavy cruiser AP salvos to to blast it out of existence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
261
[TRU]
Members
606 posts
18,313 battles
11 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

Reward ships can be nerfed. Nobody ever payed cash for smol. Maybe they'll take away the smoke. Would be fair, and I say that as an owner of the ship. 

Here here.  Especially when playing BB, know when you are in the flame throwers range.  I have seen too many BBs rush forward, eat a lucky DD torpedo and use damage control.  Meanwhile, the Smolensk behind the rock or in the smoke cloud is drooling.  4 fires later...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,328
[SIM]
Members
4,938 posts
8,022 battles

Because you clearly need the help, here’s some advice: Wait until the Smolensk angles before shooting AP at it. An angled Smol can be punished by AP. If they don’t angle, switch to HE and smash them. 

If you’re not willing to use actual strategy to win your fights, you can also restrict yourself to ships at tier VII and below. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,159 posts
11,181 battles
3 minutes ago, Hammer_Senpai said:

Smol isn't OP. The ship is a basically a glass machine gun. All it takes is one well aimed BB shot or a few good heavy cruiser AP salvos to to blast it out of existence.

This. Especially now with the armor changes, plus, the IFHE smacked her around. Smol CAN be dangerous, but she's much easier to deal with now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,660 posts
31 minutes ago, Blazefang said:

They removed it from armory not the game.

Ahhhhh.  Apologies.  Remove from the game wasn't specified.

Now that it HAS been removed from the Armory though, you will see it less and less.  So there is some good news!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×