Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cmdr_bigdog

WG; mission accomplished

12 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
320 posts
15,204 battles

WG made it clear they didn't like to support ops and nerfed the rewards to co-op levels (for 20 minutes of play vs 5 in co-op).

And as expected the number of operations players have dropped way down since the rewards nerf. 

Next will be a blog post in the middle of September; Spreadsheet says the number of players in regular operations do not justify continued support.  

• Confused 1

[SLDR]
Members
252 posts
10,127 battles

I joined the game too late.  When Cherry Blossom and Op Dynamo were still around, I really wanted to play them, but I was too new and didn't have the ships for them.

Now I have the ships, but the operations are gone, probably forever.  

[-PVE-]
Members
253 posts
13,017 battles

I just hope someone at WGing will someday realize the can make money by supporting this mode. Other game companies do. Look at subs. That has operations potential and would not upset anyone.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
313 posts
10,692 battles

a pity, they are really enjoyable and a catch for many players. Specially the special ones, dynamo, cherry blossom, etc. Hope they reconsider that, but looking on the way the game is going/sinking... not probable. 

I watch me playing each time less and less, after spending a lot of time and money on this game. Dont know the strat of WG, changing old fellas with many money to expend with teenager console boys that burn games and go for next, expending little on each.

• Cool 2

[GOB]
Members
2,059 posts

I spent a LOT of time ( and actual CASH ) getting ships that were not good for much besides OPS just to see the OPS go effectively away. 

Spent TONS of time building Captains for them too.

Lesson learned. No more long term plans / Investment in the game anymore.

Not complaining , just a statement of fact.

• Cool 4

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
14,264 battles

Not a huge Ops player, but I KNOW that diversity is NOT what WG is interested in, except things that compromise the game like CVs, Subs, broken radar, etc.  SO I do support Ops players gripes because scenario based game modes ARE fun...I really enjoyed the historical Tank battles they had, but again they screwed the pooch by making you have the tank for battle which of course limited the population, and then killed the mode.....and it never came back.  All they had to do was have players que up, drop them in either a Tiger, some Mark IVs, a TD or two, and one arty and an equal type OP force and it would have been a winner.... but you had to have a tank, pick it, (of course everyone wanted a Tiger...sigh) and then wait and wait.... they could have made some money on it the mode if they put their brains to it...but no, it was designed as a fail from the get go.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
313 posts
10,692 battles
31 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I spent a LOT of time ( and actual CASH ) getting ships that were not good for much besides OPS just to see the OPS go effectively away. 

+1, game frustrating that. Spend money and time to make my atlanta an AA beast (and a 19 point captain), including operations... and not nerfed to oblivion, very bad AA. Same with my neptune, a hidden golden AA ship, and now a shame.

Game not worth to invest long time, due to developers changing course... dunno to where. This is not the game i loved, enjoyed and expended a lot of money and time. This is a mindless soulless arcade, more and more for console teenagers. Sorry for that, I really loved it. But you have to know when to abandon a toxic relationship :(

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,245 battles
27 minutes ago, Fastwolf66 said:

+1, game frustrating that. Spend money and time to make my atlanta an AA beast (and a 19 point captain), including operations... and not nerfed to oblivion, very bad AA. Same with my neptune, a hidden golden AA ship, and now a shame.

Game not worth to invest long time, due to developers changing course... dunno to where. This is not the game i loved, enjoyed and expended a lot of money and time. This is a mindless soulless arcade, more and more for console teenagers. Sorry for that, I really loved it. But you have to know when to abandon a toxic relationship :(

Of course; probably why they’re also trying to kill Co-op; they need fodder in Randoms for their precious purple whales.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
4,263 posts
18,638 battles
6 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Of course; probably why they’re also trying to kill Co-op; they need fodder in Randoms for their precious purple whales.

I refuse.....  We have whales in COOP too !  I did as above and set up tier 6 and 7 ships specifically for OPNs.....  Now, they are trying to get rid of Scenarios.......to force people back to Randoms and the insane "stomp-ism" that goes on there.  No freaking way I'm volunteering to be a freaking target for those whales...... 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
565 posts
12 hours ago, cmdr_bigdog said:

WG made it clear they didn't like to support ops and nerfed the rewards to co-op levels (for 20 minutes of play vs 5 in co-op).

And as expected the number of operations players have dropped way down since the rewards nerf. 

Next will be a blog post in the middle of September; Spreadsheet says the number of players in regular operations do not justify continued support.  

Meanwhile, the players long ago milked the operations to get all ships unlocked now cry in the forums that operations 'give away' too much xp..   Of course they deny using operations and got all thier FXP the ultra-hard way..  

Members
565 posts
12 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

With three 55inch monitors, you could have this

Sign in to follow this