You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Illustratum_AEternam

Will there be new Research Bureau

51 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
505 posts
10,170 battles

It seems WG is letting Research Bureau become a purely FXP sucker

and only trying to cheap way out by adding Unique Modifications to it(minimum effort, max yield)

by tweaking several numbers, WG can get 1,4 million FXP back

it seems unlikely RB getting any further meaningful update

other-than effortless Legendary Modifications or Turret Switch NEW ships

what do you think?

Yashima to research bureau? 

• Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,638 posts

I have the Ohio.  I spent 0 FXP on it.

Members
4,374 posts
11,269 battles
32 minutes ago, Primace said:

yashima to research bureau? 

Already confirmed to be steel, but for future ships, who knows. I’m sure WG could find some blueprints for a t10 russian sub to stick in there...

• Funny 2

[PISD]
Members
1,285 posts
5,290 battles

They could simply let you transform main line ships into premium via the RB, giving you the economic bonus and the free commander moving capacity of it.

• Cool 4

[O_O]
Members
674 posts
36 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I have the Ohio.  I spent 0 FXP on it.

How many battles did you play to earn it?

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
470 posts
10,456 battles

the research beauro is the worst thing in game... it sells all ur stuff half price.... then u have tio buy it back full price....so u pay 20 m for a ship u get 10 m back,,,,then u have to regrind..not worth it and its painful unless u have a a thousand dollars to spend to get the 62 m credits pack if u need it and the xp….  really unenjoyable

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[-TKS-]
Members
827 posts
14,589 battles
1 hour ago, Lonewolfpj said:

He would have had to regrind what 5 to 6 lines to get the Ohio.

or 3 lines if you just waited for the season bonus ...

Id speculate the FDR might be the RB ship 

we just got the Marceau for coal and they said a german bb  will be for coal next , yashima for steel . smaland was just released as fxp and they announced the Hayate is fxp . 

[A-D-F]
7,638 posts
24 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

No clue.   Many.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,429 posts
15,926 battles

Yes very likely there will be more RB ships. I also have Ohio and Colbert.

[8492]
Members
474 posts
2,712 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yes very likely there will be more RB ships. I also have Ohio and Colbert.

You have had the Ohio since October and have played it like a total of 6 times in randoms. You have only played the colbert twice. Was the grind worth it just so you can have a ship sit in your port? 

Granted you may play them in ranked/clans ect, more, I don't know.

But I feel like so many ships are not worth the effort. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,429 posts
15,926 battles
7 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

You have had the Ohio since October and have played it like a total of 6 times in randoms. You have only played the colbert twice. Was the grind worth it just so you can have a ship sit in your port? 

I did not look at it as a grind it was more of a replay (reset 10 lines in two batches) reset lines that I enjoyed a lot.  Yes totally worth it for Ohio, not sure about Colbert yet as you point out have barely touched it. For me the journey often takes priority over the destination. So I have an insanely large fleet and the ships that I tend to play the most are the ships I am still leveling and the ships I use to earn extra credits.

On occasion when the events are laid back and I am taking a break from leveling then I play just the ships I enjoy. So Ohio will see that rotation at some point and will explore Colbert at that time.

• Cool 3

[A-D-F]
7,638 posts
5 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

Effort is subjective.  The way I look at it, if I am going to play the game, I might as well work toward something.

The guy you quoted has over 14K games.  There probably isn't many, if any, ships he doesn't have.

• Cool 2

[WMD]
Members
1,622 posts
9,773 battles

I have mostly enjoyed RB, apart from resetting my USN boats... I am not enjoying them during round two. I reset the Mino twice, and it has been fun each time. 

None of the recent FXP boats has interested me, so boring some to upgrade modules has been and easy choice. If WG releases a FXP boat I want my resets will slow/stop, but until then I might as well get the RB points. 

I don't spend a cent on converting to FXP, it's all just FXP earned from playing. So WG hasn't made any extra money from me for the RB. 

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,554 posts
13,914 battles
3 hours ago, Primace said:

It seems WG is letting Research Bureau become a purely FXP sucker

and only trying to cheap way out by adding Unique Modifications to it(minimum effort, max yield)

by tweaking several numbers, WG can get 1,4 million FXP back

it seems unlikely RB getting any further meaningful update

other-than effortless Legendary Modifications or Turret Switch NEW ships

what do you think?

Yashima to research bureau? 

SoonTM

:Smile_izmena:

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Boring 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,986 posts
14,289 battles
2 hours ago, Arthur_Dayne said:

the research beauro is the worst thing in game... it sells all ur stuff half price.... then u have tio buy it back full price....so u pay 20 m for a ship u get 10 m back,,,,then u have to regrind..not worth it and its painful unless u have a a thousand dollars to spend to get the 62 m credits pack if u need it and the xp….  really unenjoyable

One of the Best things WG has done in the last year or so.  Please read up on the RB before posting.  You don't lose ANY silver on this.  Let us say you sold all your ships of a line just to fund the next ship up the line, very common.  You then sell your T10 to regrind the line... you get EXACTLY the same price if you sold it as an RB or just to sell it.  You then start the line just like you would any other line, and pay, again, the exact same price.   Does this make sense now?  IF you don't play much then regrinding isn't a real incentive, but for guys like myself it is what has saved the game for me, gave me a goal, and at little cost but time, AND that was time well spent, as I played the Emerald for the first time, as I didn't the first time through....and guess what?  I discovered the Emerald is a BEAST and is one of my favorite ships to just have fun in.

Research Bureau...............................for the WIN!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
11,863 posts
24,570 battles
3 hours ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

I hate the RB and wish they would scrap it. I refuse to do anything with it. 

Same here. Just make it go away.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,986 posts
14,289 battles
2 hours ago, Rustyhole said:

Kinda of irrelevant really because everyone earn fxp and everyone spends it as they value it.... I spent exactly ZERO dollars to get Ohio, just spent some fxp on getting a rangefinder here and there or a torp upgrade, but I had the fxp and still am sitting on about 2 mil earned.... I have spent exactly ZERO dollars to convert....never would, ever, as there is simply no need, though I know guys that spend a 100.00 or so to go up to T10 on the new branch of ship launched....umm why ?  So they can have, hopefully, the next OP ships and get their stats up, otherwise why would someone take value from a game... I mean playing each ship in a line is WHY I play the game, not necessarily to get a T10.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,986 posts
14,289 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Same here. Just make it go away.

Come on Admiral...there are simply no drawbacks to the RB...none....unless you count the moving of the UU modules, and yeah I can agree with that, but I mean your earning ships, flags for just doing what you do anyways...playing the game MR> 20,000 battles.... this was MADE for guys like you.....and me!

• Cool 4

Members
1,660 posts
2 hours ago, Arthur_Dayne said:

What else are you going to do with your billion credits laying around?

[PVE]
Members
11,863 posts
24,570 battles
17 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Come on Admiral...there are simply no drawbacks to the RB...none....unless you count the moving of the UU modules, and yeah I can agree with that, but I mean your earning ships, flags for just doing what you do anyways...playing the game MR> 20,000 battles.... this was MADE for guys like you.....and me!

I know, I am their target player with this abomination. But I refuse to regrind a line I already have gone through even once let alone multiple times. Just nope. It's a non starter for me. The 10K RB Pts I got when it dropped are still sitting there and will stay there unused. Sorry but I think RB is a bad idea. YMMV.

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,986 posts
14,289 battles
14 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I know, I am their target player with this abomination. But I refuse to regrind a line I already have gone through even once let alone multiple times. Just nope. It's a non starter for me. The 10K RB Pts I got when it dropped are still sitting there and will stay there unused. Sorry but I think RB is a bad idea. YMMV.

Time to adjust and admit your wrong, I know it's hard....but just what are you playing?  You must have almost every T10....  I think an Ohio would look very nice in your port!  :)  I seriously have had a blast resetting....

[KEGEL]
Members
266 posts
11,561 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Agreed.

The RB is WG lazy way of sponging back credits & FXP from players without offering a 'meaningful exchange' for the effort.

As a PVE player, it was an expensive exercise for me to get my Ohio as it burnt thru most of my FXP and large chunk of my credits. This was accomplished by resetting the cheapest line (Haru) five times. Still haven't bought back the tier 6 & 7 DDs to claim the X5 RPs back and I bought the Ohio back in early January.

Would have preferred an extended mission or campaign to obtain these tier 10 boats rather than the convoluted mess that is the RB.