Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sporkhead

Help: Georgia, Thundered, or Other?

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
39 posts
1,847 battles

Hello,

I know this has probably been asked a million times but I'm still unsure what to get. Right now, I have the Massachusetts and North Carolina. The Mass accuracy really bugs me and that's why I love the NC, but the tankiness and heal of the Mass are addicting. I love the individual playstyle of both and respect their differences. I have about 130k coal right now, and I am looking ahead a little bit and wondering if I should get the Georgia or Thunderer once I get enough. If the Georgia is different enough/better than Mass I'd be willing to buy it in the premium shop (though not desirable, college student here). Does it actually combine accuracy with decent secondaries? Are the Georgia and Thunderer both special enough that I should get both? I'm about to sell the NC to get the Iowa; is the Alabama something I should look at as an NC replacement, since I really do love that ship? Or am I totally looking in the wrong direction; is the Bayard or some other cruiser the best alternative?

I'm grinding up what feels like a million tech trees so credits are definitely a need. I've heard the Georgia is good at that. I'm not big on clan wars though I occasionally do a bit of ranked when it's out, if that helps. Advice?

Thanks for the help.

Members
833 posts
4,679 battles

Georgia has a lot more gimmicks but I wouldn't spent real money on it when you've already got Mass.

I got mine for coal and consider it very good for a coal ship.

Edited by macktkau2

Members
2,986 posts
36,778 battles

Thunderer, accuracy in 18 inch guns. The HE is deadly against most light cruisers and can citadel Smollensk or destroy its guns. Very versatile and it's only issue is belt armor. Royal Navy has notoriously weak side belt and must fight angled. Caught wide and it's punished.

AA good, secbat average. The guns take getting used to. They tend to shoot low at smaller ships when very close. About under 6 km.

Georgia is a fast Battleship with Massachusetts armor scheme. Secbat is great. Same as Massachusetts. Tactics are different, she works best to flank a target, with the ability to get out of trouble. AA very good.

Alabama is sister to Massachusetts, but secbat is NC range. Guns are similar to NC range. AA very good and turns as fast as sister ship.

I don't have the other ships, so I won't be much help there.

It depends on your fighting style as a BB player.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,569 posts
11,186 battles

In my opinion the Georgia can’t brawl like Massachusetts even though it has great secondaries . It’s guns are awesome and more accurate but you only have six so you need to have good aim even though it has a quick reload  . She has the speed boost which is great but can also get you in trouble . Thunderer guns are awesome I have fun playing that ship . I am a below average player with bad aim but that ship is so accurate that even I get plenty of citadels in her . The play style is different in the Thunderer you have to play at range in that ship until later in the game but the HE and the AP are just awesome . Her heal is actually pretty good it’s fast like the Massachusetts but the ship is squishy . For something different try the Thunderer the guns are just awesome only real problem is that tier 10 slow game but you will be in tier 10 with Georgia most of the time to .

Hey watch Gyphon video on the Georgia right below your thread . 

Edited by clammboy

Members
833 posts
4,679 battles
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

In my opinion the Georgia can’t brawl like Massachusetts even though it has great secondaries .

This is good advice, a good Georgia player isn't using their secondaries against BB"s, they are using it while pushing a flank against Cruisers, preferable ones without Torpedoes, or in the last half/quarter of a game when both sides have been whittled down and need to fight over the caps, and even then you should be smart and not try to get too close, 10km range is perfectly fine for a secondary build Georgia to fight from.

If you play it right the Georgia can collapse an entire flank when up against the right enemy. If the matchup isn't good then then kite away . Don't ignore the HE either.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,144 posts
7,195 battles

You cant go wrong with either of them. I would recommend you watch some Youtube videos so can see it in action. 

[ICBM]
Members
825 posts
9,381 battles

I have both and play Thunderer much more. It is important to note that you can only buy Thunderer for coal, but GA is available in premium shop for real money, so you could get both if it's in your budget. They are very different ships and both a hoot to play. If I had to choose, I'd go with Thunderer, altough I'm sure that most players would agree that Tier-for-Tier, Georgia is the stronger ship. That's not to say Thunderer is weak, though. 

Edited by mrieder79

[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,405 battles

I don't have the Thunderer but I have a lot of other premiums (including musashi) and the Ga is my favorite premium bb by far.

Beta Testers
39 posts
1,847 battles

Thanks for all the help guys. Beta tested but have taken a couple years off the game so I'm a little out of the loop. Much appreciated!

• Cool 1

[UN1]
Members
1,218 posts
3,670 battles

Thunderer plays like a standard battleship with super accurate, powerful, and versatile guns (it's both an HE and AP boat).  The ship is fantastic, albeit a lil' squishy for a T10 BB.

Georgia is a insanely fast (39.7 knots!) and agile flanker and more akin to an Alsace, not a Massachusetts 2.0.  However if you want to play it more like a Massachusetts, then run it with AAM2 and not the APRM2.  I've actually been having much more successful games in the Georgia since I switched to AAM2. 

Sign in to follow this