Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Arthur_Dayne

will battleships become extinct

43 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

162
[JEEP]
Beta Testers
470 posts
10,452 battles

IM talking tier X her and some 9 and 8. but other tiers may be seeing the same thing

 

SO you have destroyers who invisibly torp ships out of nowhere so battleships hang way back at the edges of the map

So you have cruisers that spam an insane amount of he invisibly from behind an island or smoke so battle ships hang way back at the edges of the map

So you have battles ships with insane he like thunderer and conq and All the other BBs trying to kill bb so battleships hang back

SO you have carriers who see bb as their main target and they go right for you

And now sunbmarines will look at battleships as their primary target

 

In random battles everyone is shooting at bbs...do destroyers go take on other destroyers..they should but no the BB Hunt is on.....are cruisers interested in dd or cruisers....nah gotta hunt bb don't get me wrong des moines some radar guys some dd will go for dd a good carrier player will target dd...BUT MOST in random don't because its high risk no damage so they hunt bb....and their dd hunt bb and the bb is toast

 

 How many people here think a dd wil hunt a submarine   oh some will...but most will be on their way to launch torps at a bb leaving subs with no counters till the end.....im finding it easier and easier to NOT play battleships.....they just don't have the reload or the counters to deal with all these new high speed ships like French dds and soviet dd and no ability to counter cruisers spaming crazy he all over. its amzing how a ship like the zoa can chase a bball over and hardly be hitable….now when subs come in their gonna find the fattest b and head straight to it......

 

Between the shmikaze….the gearing the halland the Smolensk the Colbert the Kleber the marcea...the zoa…whooster hinden barg spam he from far....I just don't see battleships having a future....  

that's being said it may be that the alaskas and the krondstats of the world with 305s and a little bit better reload will be better to play the stand back he spmmer like conq and thnder  may still be ok...but most of these other bbs have become 100% obsolete and subs will just show that more

 

could you imagine the horror of a 6 gun shackisheema waitin on reload and turret trayvarse while subs and dd torp u from invisable...ha ha good luck with that obsolete steel wasting behemouth

 

All the bbs should get 10km secondaries  standar then upgrades  this wont even make them competive  the American bbs are kinda crap without them

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,732
[INTEL]
Members
13,068 posts
36,066 battles

Its Arthur. Missed him so much!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,922
[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,127 posts
7,992 battles

No.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,920
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,116 posts
19,208 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Its Arthur. Missed him so much!

OMG! I almost missed that! @Arthur_Dayne and the whining paranoia express! Covid 19 must have brought him back! Not unlike a bad penny, or a particularly virulent social disease that is immune to most anti-biotics! Way to exercise your God given right to defend the most catered to type of ship in the game! YOU GO ARTHUR!!!!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,493 posts
10,860 battles

the more competent players will stop playing battleship because of how underwhelming they are and the fact a submarine/cv just farm you aside from the already absurd ships like smolensk and conqueror but there will always be plenty of those who play for "fun" (whatever that is) who will continue to play battleships.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
807 posts
13,523 battles

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

deep breath.....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,263
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,127 posts
4,088 battles

Let's see, easiest class to play (though possibly hardest to master), which allow any moron with 100 battles to buy himself a T9 premium (which WG were happy to sell him at a ludicrous price) and still have an impressive looking damage number and turn a profit? 

 

Yeah, I think they're going to stick around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,339 battles
1 hour ago, Arthur_Dayne said:

All the bbs should get 10km secondaries  standar then upgrades  this wont even make them competive  the American bbs are kinda crap without them

And 500mm Chobham armor, with 240mm Titanium mix, coated with 99% burn resistant kevlar as a standard. Basic rudder shift of 5 seconds (not inc. upgrades),  turret turn of 10 seconds/180 degrees, reload time of 8 seconds (not inc. upgrades), max speed of 40 knots (not inc. upgrades) and attainable in 8 seconds,  shell dispersion/range/ damage/ to be set by player...ad infinatum.. ( i should not make such recommendations, one never knows with WG!!). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,090
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,035 posts
11,612 battles

Is there an issue of any ASW-less ship alone vs a Sub - yes, part of why 9.4 has them entering an isolated testing mode. So - no reason to start chicken little stuff yet.

More over -

  • The top speed of subs at last recall is 24-28 knot, if they run on the surface, about the only thing that can't out run a surfaced sub, is USN standard BB's. Let alone when submerged running stealth at less than 20 knots.
  • I personally am against the ping mechanic other than tiers 9/10 where you would get subs closer to modern subs in function and even that is a maybe, but the longest ping time is 30-35 seconds. For context, the 'OP' Kamikaze torps cover the 5.5 km of minimum stealth range in 30 seconds. The Cachalot's traveled at I think 64 knots, U-69 was 58, compared to Kami's 68. At max ranges they take 60 and 42 seconds respectively to reach the target. And even then not like 2 pings assures a citadel still about where it hits. Dodging is still a thing., even if less of one, as is damage mitigation. And anyone who's scared of torps in a BB needs to re-evaluate their play because if one of the best stealth killers needs 30 seconds to hit you unseen - guess how long all the other ones with slower torps, longer ranges, etc take. You eat the hit - you sailed too long in a straight line at a constant speed, or you got outplayed because they guessed what you'd do.
  • 'Stealth' on current subs is a joke. They constantly get spotted by other subs, and any ASW ship currently basically owns them - considering that depth charges deal damage 1 km+ away going the wrong direction. And ASW ships get a beacon right towards them within 4-6 km. Basically, you put 1 DD at the intersection of 4 squares, it cover all those squares. That's 2x2 of a 10x10 map that a Sub can't go in without being tracked. 
  • Now lets combine things - even if they buff submerged speed to 16 knots even, it will take a Submarine almost 2 minutes, to traverse 5 km (larger maps are 4.8x4.8 grid squares. So even if we assume you spawn it at the edge of a cap, it dives, and has an open line straight to a BB spawned a total of 6 grid squares away, it would take Cahalot, with the longest range torps, 6 or more minutes to get in firing range if the BB didn't move at all. And 60 more before torpedoes at max range even hit. And that is if none of the realistic 10x4 grid area combat usually happens in has nothing to spot it in the area it's in, with the mos outrageously unrealistic spawn spot imaginable. 

And odds are the 'realism' crowd is going to lose the fight on BB's and other ships not having ASW, and this is a case where they should actually lose the fight. I doubt BB' and other ships not really outfitted for ASW will be as good as the DD's and CL/A that were, but will likely get something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,947 posts
36,754 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

OMG! I almost missed that! @Arthur_Dayne and the whining paranoia express! Covid 19 must have brought him back! Not unlike a bad penny, or a particularly virulent social disease that is immune to most anti-biotics! Way to exercise your God given right to defend the most catered to type of ship in the game! YOU GO ARTHUR!!!!!

Deigned to make an appearance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,846
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
1 hour ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

but there will always be plenty of those who play for "fun" (whatever that is) who will continue to play battleships.

Playing for fun is not incompatible with playing to win. This is a game and if you are not having fun it is time to question why you are playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,493 posts
10,860 battles
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Playing for fun is not incompatible with playing to win. This is a game and if you are not having fun it is time to question why you are playing.

i play to improve my stats, but i also play cv to grief enemy teams so its kind of half and half.

fun is purely in each persons opinion so what is fun for you clearly isnt fun for me.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles
17 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

BB whine topics already......

the numbers need to be kept stable, cant have the forum dominated solely by CV or Sub threads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,058 posts
4,376 battles

Oh come on, it's not even weekend and people are already complaining ( Then again, every day is weekend, let's be real here )

Battleships are not designed for solo operations, they're designed to cosplay Thanos and wipe out anything that moves while showing a broadside to them. If you have any issues, then either you overextended, or your team found a nice big pot of glue to sniff ( and you aint takin' one )

My two cents

:SerB:

P.S The only BBs I can think of that can solo are the Germans, and even then it's just Bismarck, FdG and Kurfurst, because they have Hydro

So GIT GUDDER

 

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,378
[-KIA-]
Members
3,475 posts
14,834 battles

I can't talk about BB futur but my hopes regarding ship spelling is definitely dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
885
[LWA]
Members
1,128 posts

WG will just release a premium battleship that has a unique play style that will include anti submarine warfare equipment like depth charges or hedge hogs.  And the ASW BB gimmick will sell..... 

OR

A premium battleship with a 75% torpedo damage reduction......

 

Edited by db4100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,134
[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,641 posts
5,000 battles

Um, no.

Do you play BBs?  Do you play other types of ships?  I've not had the experience of being consistently focused on by all other ships at all.  Hell, there are times I really want them to shoot at me and give my cruisers and DDs a break and they just won't.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
162
[JEEP]
Beta Testers
470 posts
10,452 battles
16 hours ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Oh come on, it's not even weekend and people are already complaining ( Then again, every day is weekend, let's be real here )

Battleships are not designed for solo operations, they're designed to cosplay Thanos and wipe out anything that moves while showing a broadside to them. If you have any issues, then either you overextended, or your team found a nice big pot of glue to sniff ( and you aint takin' one )

My two cents

:SerB:

P.S The only BBs I can think of that can solo are the Germans, and even then it's just Bismarck, FdG and Kurfurst, because they have Hydro

So GIT GUDDER

 

you misunderstand its not about getting gooder its about obsolescence   somehow you came in with the get better at the game argument...…  i just don't see bbs as a ship to play anymore to much torps to may aircraft too many he spam  i wont play bb to easy to farm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,058 posts
4,376 battles
32 minutes ago, Arthur_Dayne said:

you misunderstand its not about getting gooder its about obsolescence   somehow you came in with the get better at the game argument...…  i just don't see bbs as a ship to play anymore to much torps to may aircraft too many he spam  i wont play bb to easy to farm

Well...

You know what, my Friedrich der Grosse review comes out either late tonight or sometime tomorrow. You'll see what I mean

:SerB:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,041
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,415 posts
15,895 battles

Not a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,258
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles

He makes good points, it's unfortunate the mob mentality and derptastic mentality of the forums made them miss the obvious points lol..

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,058 posts
4,376 battles
3 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

He makes good points, it's unfortunate the mob mentality and derptastic mentality of the forums made them miss the obvious points lol..

Let's not forget the Derp-a-licious spelling errors he made :cap_book:

:SerB:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
497
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,475 posts
5,088 battles
18 hours ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

And 500mm Chobham armor, with 240mm Titanium mix, coated with 99% burn resistant kevlar as a standard. Basic rudder shift of 5 seconds (not inc. upgrades),  turret turn of 10 seconds/180 degrees, reload time of 8 seconds (not inc. upgrades), max speed of 40 knots (not inc. upgrades) and attainable in 8 seconds,  shell dispersion/range/ damage/ to be set by player...ad infinatum.. ( i should not make such recommendations, one never knows with WG!!). 

How did you access the stats on the next RU BB??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×