Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
goha

Mix with bots vs players only aka Waiting Time is not limited

12 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
225 battles

Hello,

Yesterday, when I just start playing, I played "Random Battle" and waiting time was limited  to 1 min only and there was a mix of players + bots. 

I loved it and paid for premium.

Today waiting time is not limted and there are players only. Should say it is much less fun and I don't like it.

Question: How can I switch back to mix players + bots , what I paid for?

Edited by goha

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,138 posts
4,090 battles

You didn't pay for it, read the game mode descriptions (and apparently premium time descriptions).

Random Battles are two teams of randomly selected players fighting against one another. In some rare cases bots are involved. One of these is if server population is very low for some reason, MM will mix in some bots. The other is what I'm guessing you had. New players get protected match making for their first few games. Your first few battles would be at T1 with players that just started. Since there's probably not a lot of you guys, WG throws in bots to even things out. However, Random battles are meant to be PVP, and are what the main focus of WOWS is. 

However, there is good news. Because your first games wouldn't have been in Randoms, they'd be in Coop. Which is a team of players (and maybe some bots) against bots. You have to play a few Coop battles to unlock Random, so you must have gotten things confused when it automatically switched to Randoms.

However, the Coop mode is always available. Next to the battle mode icon, there's a drop down menu. Click it, and you get a couple options for battle type. Coop is players vs bots. If that's your thing, go for it. Just remember it's not the main focus of the game. So credit and XP earnings are WAY less than for Random Battles. But everyone likes their own thing.

Now premium time. All it does is give you 65% more XP and 50% more credits for each game. Definitely helps you progress faster. But it doesn't get you any special access or things like that. Just better economic earnings. Which will definitely be useful if you play a lot of coop.

Anyhow, hope that helps. If you have more questions, the world of warships wiki is a great source, or you can ask here. Welcome to the game and good luck:Smile_honoring:

Members
6 posts
225 battles

you are guessing. and sorry, but your guess does not look reasonable not correct.

I was not in tier 1

There was more ppl on the  server when battles were with mix bot and player, then it become late, lot of ppl left the server and population was very low when match maker switched to ppl only. Not fun, annoying.

And I did paid for premium - gold.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,138 posts
4,090 battles
49 minutes ago, goha said:

you are guessing. and sorry, but your guess does not look reasonable not correct.

I was not in tier 1

There was more ppl on the  server when battles were with mix bot and player, then it become late, lot of ppl left the server and population was very low when match maker switched to ppl only. Not fun, annoying.

I’m not guessing, I know how battles are formed, and with 74 battles you are still in protected MM and low tiers with low population. You can either argue pointlessly, or take my advice and just select Coop mode.

And what I meant by not paying was you didn’t pay specifically for a certain battle type, you just paid for economic bonuses for all battle types.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,210 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, goha said:

Question: How can I switch back to mix players + bots , what I paid for?

1 hour ago, goha said:

You did pay for premium...you didn't pay for "mix players + bots"...which is how you worded the question & what was referred to by "you didn't pay for it".

W/only 74 battles I would think you would still be in protected MM...which btw is the only time you will see bots on the green team in random battles.

I do believe there is a maximum tier that protected MM allows you to have bots on your team so you may need to drop down to lower tiers to have that happen again.

After you pass the protected MM threshold (I do believe it happens at a certain player level but not sure) there will be no more bots on your teams in random battles & if there are not enough players to fill the queue MM will drop you in a battle w/less players on the teams...even if it's just a 1 vs 1.

Ninja'd

Oops...forgot to say...welcome to the forums & welcome to the game.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
Ninja'd
  • Cool 1

Members
6 posts
225 battles

I see merchandise. I pay for it. And figure what I got? I got no what I paid for

that is how it looks to me

Members
6 posts
225 battles

basically this all does not matter. I have one single question: will I have what I paid for or not? Will I be able to play mix players with bots or not? How can I do the if possible? If not possible - tell it 

[PVE]
Members
6,210 posts
22,432 battles
18 hours ago, goha said:

basically this all does not matter. I have one single question: will I have what I paid for or not? Will I be able to play mix players with bots or not? How can I do the if possible? If not possible - tell it 

1st of all you will have a better chance of having bots on your team if you play in the off hours (such as late at night). Bots only fill the extra spots if there is a shortage of humans to fill the queues.

In co-op if there are not enough people to fill the 9 human positions you will have bots on your team but it will only be against bots...no humans on the red teams.

As far as random battles go you will only have bots on your team if you play the lower tiers (T1-T3 I believe...but don't quote me on that as I'm not sure...it may include T4 also but I don't think so).

But...that is only until you reach a certain threshold (aka protected MM for new players) & I'm not sure exactly what that threshold is.

As I stated before I do believe it is a certain player level (your player level is visible in the profile tab)...but it might not be as I'm not sure & just guessing. It might be a certain amount of games played or a certain amount of XP earned. I think it's a player level but again...I'm not sure.

If it is a player level you can look at all the player levels (they go up to 15 presently I do believe) & there is a summary of what game options become available as you reach each level.

But I'm sure w/only 100 battles that you should still be in protected MM but you need to play lower tiered random battles or co-op battles & then it will only happen for sure if you play in the off hours when there isn't a lot of humans playing to fill the queues. It might happen in the regular hours but it is not as common...& it will never happen in high tier matches (for random anyway... it can happen in high tier co-op battles as co-op battles always have 9 players on each team & bots are always used to fill the shortages).

If there is enough humans available you will always have humans on your team & no bots...only if there is a shortage of humans do bots get dropped in to fill the queues.

Hope this helps clarify & sorry if you thought the game always had bots on your teams & if you paid for premium time just for that reason as that is not always the case...it's just very common in lower tiered matches so it just seemed that way as you were starting out 

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[ICBM]
Members
825 posts
9,399 battles

If you play Co-op mode, you will have players on your team and bots on the other team.

If you play random mode it will be all humans vs humans. 

In 7,000 battles I have never seen a random battle with a mix of bots and humans on either side. I do not dispute that it is possible and do not question the experience of others, but I would like to say that, based on my own experience, it is probably going to be very rare. 

eta: holy crap. 7,000 battles??? How did that happen? I definitely have a disorder...

Edited by mrieder79

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
On 4/22/2020 at 1:36 AM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You did pay for premium...you didn't pay for "mix players + bots"...which is how you worded the question & what was referred to by "you didn't pay for it".

W/only 74 battles I would think you would still be in protected MM...which btw is the only time you will see bots on the green team in random battles.

I do believe there is a maximum tier that protected MM allows you to have bots on your team so you may need to drop down to lower tiers to have that happen again.

After you pass the protected MM threshold (I do believe it happens at a certain player level but not sure) there will be no more bots on your teams in random battles & if there are not enough players to fill the queue MM will drop you in a battle w/less players on the teams...even if it's just a 1 vs 1.

Ninja'd

Oops...forgot to say...welcome to the forums & welcome to the game.

You can see bots on the Randoms teams up through Tier 4.  After that, only humans.

Nevertheless, I still enjoy Coop more, despite the significantly lower rewards (typically about 1/2 of what you can get in Randoms for the same performance) because I play to enjoy myself, not deal with the constant ad hominems.  (I mean whatever happened to courtesy among players?)

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
4 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

If you play Co-op mode, you will have players on your team and bots on the other team.

If you play random mode it will be all humans vs humans. 

In 7,000 battles I have never seen a random battle with a mix of bots and humans on either side. I do not dispute that it is possible and do not question the experience of others, but I would like to say that, based on my own experience, it is probably going to be very rare. 

eta: holy crap. 7,000 battles??? How did that happen? I definitely have a disorder...

Depends on how long you've been playing.  If you've played 4 years and are up to 7000, that's not really that insane.  (I've only played WoWs for 2, and I'm only up to 4600 roughly)  It's density of play that defines whether you're obsessed or not.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,210 posts
22,432 battles
4 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

New players get a protected MM period for random battles that extends to:

9 minutes ago, JAKeller said:

You can see bots on the Randoms teams up through Tier 4.  After that, only humans.

(Thank for clarifying...knew T3 for sure but wasn't sure about T4).

It guarantees you 12 player teams & bots fill the vacancies.

If there are enough humans it may never happen to you if you only play during peak hours but in lower tiers even during peak hours it can still happen as there are not a lot of players still in the low tiers.

It may have happened to you when you were just starting out but you just didn't notice (being new & everything being so "shiny"...a few colons may have slipped your attention...especially in a T1 battle where it is most prevalent).

Sign in to follow this