Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

Gun hit percentages

17 comments in this topic

Members
360 posts

Anyone know what a good hit percentage is for Cruiser's and Battleship's? Just trying to judge how i am doing with my guns.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,626 posts
11 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

Anyone know what a good hit percentage is for Cruiser's and Battleship's? Just trying to judge how i am doing with my guns.

Your personal data is in your profile. The average data can be found here:

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20200418/na_week/average_ship.html

For instance, the Montana averages 26.12%

• Cool 1

Members
360 posts
Just now, Snargfargle said:

Your personal data is in your profile. The average data can be found here:

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20200418/na_week/average_ship.html

For instance, the Montana averages 26.12%

I know the stats are in my profile, just wanted to know what the average was. Thanks for the link.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,626 posts
20 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

Are those stats from random or co-op as well?

I think they all are from randoms on his site.

Members
360 posts
Just now, Snargfargle said:

I think they all are from randoms on his site.

Thanks, I can probably assume those stats would be a little higher for co-op but still a good baseline.

Members
707 posts
5,735 battles

I just checked my tier 10 lineup; my BBs are all right around 28%, my CA/CL are in the 33-40% range, and my DDs are all around 50% save for one or two outliers.  I'd like to see my BBs be up over 30% as well, so work to do there.  I'd consider myself average or perhaps just above, so I'd say minimum 28-30% for BBs, 35% for CA/CL, and 45-50% for DDs.  Others may have other suggestions, but that's my thoughts.  I generally look more for trends in my stats than absolute numbers though, so as long as I am trending positively I worry less about the number itself.

Edited by Uncle_Lou
Mulligan

Members
360 posts
56 minutes ago, Uncle_Lou said:

I just checked my tier 10 lineup; my BBs are all right around 28%, my CA/CL are in the 33-40% range, and my DDs are all around 50% save for one or two outliers.  I'd like to see my BBs be up over 30% as well, so work to do there.  I'd consider myself average or perhaps just above, so I'd say minimum 28-30% for BBs, 35% for CA/CL, and 45-50% for DDs.  Others may have other suggestions, but that's my thoughts.  I generally look more for trends in my stats than absolute numbers though, so as long as I am trending positively I worry less about the number itself.

Most of my Cruiser's and Battleship's are in the 30-40% range (majority in the higher end) and I tend to shoot at the tracers from smoke often so I guess my aim is decent.

Members
1,660 posts
2 hours ago, wildcat18 said:

If you play on the NA server, you can also look yourself and ship stats up here:

https://na.wows-numbers.com/

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,026 posts
11,588 battles

Varies by ship, usually use WoWs numbers for a general guideline though I think they removed the direct accuracy comparison vs server average. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,093 posts
19,199 battles
2 hours ago, wildcat18 said:

Thanks, I can probably assume those stats would be a little higher for co-op but still a good baseline.

I wouldn't assume that; people try just as hard against bots and, at times, the bots play better than real people.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,040 posts
23,838 battles
9 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I wouldn't assume that; people try just as hard against bots and, at times, the bots play better than real people.

They're not Co-op stats.  If Co-op stats were part of it, the WR% would be around 80-90%.

Even the most blundering players I have ever seen can still manage a 90%+ Co-op WR%.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,093 posts
19,199 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Even the most blundering players I have ever seen can still manage a 90%+ Co-op WR%.

Never underestimate the power of Human stupidity!

[WOLF3]
Members
27,040 posts
23,838 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Never underestimate the power of Human stupidity!

I do not, but even after seeing some people do STUPID THINGS even for Co-op standards, I look them up, and sure enough, they still have a 90%+ WR.  Their damage averages may suck, but they still win 9 times out of 10.

A few days ago I was playing either Alsace or Republique in Co-op.  I'm going full speed towards the cap, I want to brawl.  The Benson player that spawned with me did a strange thing, he turned around and sailed just behind me, using my BB as cover.  Never seen anyone do that before, Randoms, Operations, or Co-op, but whatever.  When we close range with the bots, there was a bot Chapayev I was starting to work over.  At that point was when Benson came out, Engine Boosted.  Clearly he was going to try a close range torpedo rush and kill the Chappy.

Me: "I sure do hope he realizes Chapayev has torpedoes."

The Chapayev plants all its port side torps into Benson before he gets to fire off any of his launchers.  The idiot didn't even fire his guns once.

Another Co-op game from long ago.  We spawn north side of a map.  I'm in the middle spawn and go full speed with my BB.  There was a North Carolina player off to the east side, heading towards the cap there.  While fighting my own fight I notice the NC player going headlong towards a bot Mogami.

Me:  "Boy I sure do hope that NC player realizes Mogami carries A LOT of hard hitting torpedoes."

Sure enough, the NC is guns blazing, charging the bot Mogami, the Mogami gets to the NC's sides and drops all that side's torpedoes into the idiot NC player.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,093 posts
19,199 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I do not, but even after seeing some people do STUPID THINGS even for Co-op standards, I look them up, and sure enough, they still have a 90%+ WR.  Their damage averages may suck, but they still win 9 times out of 10.

Read: They were CARRIED for 90% of the battles by team mates. But, yeah, you'd almost have to try to drop below 90% in co-op.

Sign in to follow this