Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
db4100

Is It Wrong To Refer to Players As "Wussie" or "Spineless"?

55 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
1,347 posts
15,553 battles

This was the opposing team.  They did good with the shooting, their CV nailed me, but they never moved off their spawn spots.  A DD or two tried to cap, but they had horrible support as they were too far back to be effective.  They loss because they never capped or even tried to cap.  They never even venture towards our side of the map.

It is this kind of play style that frustrates the hell out of me.  The "wussies" or "spineless".  They had the marksmanship skills, but most of those player had very timid tactics, and it showed.  Huge loss for the team "spineless".

The screen shot is with 8 mins left to play, and the CV is the closest on to the enemy.   Their CV was #1 on their team BTW.  I can't help myself to call out those whom play to lose with no team play at all.  Why I am usually at zero karma....hehe

Wussies.thumb.jpg.62a46a2521f2000cf003a34621c26bb2.jpg

Edited by db4100
grammer
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 7

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Well, it is an insult....     Insult = inappropriate behavior in chat = report = so yes?

• Cool 1

[GOOF]
Members
851 posts
7,055 battles

Not if you're the CV mafia it's ok to call people whiners and babies and noo B's if you're a member and someone is saying CV is a problem

• Cool 4
  • Boring 5

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,332 posts
23,690 battles

Ehhh, I am a bit more tolerant of trash talk directed against the other team.  I think that's where this is at and in itself I think it's borderline OK.

That said, it can rapidly spin out of control and really be frustrating.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,579 posts
17,764 battles

Best practice for enjoyment of the game is to not concern yourself much at all with the other players. Evaluate yourself and move on.

• Cool 6

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,416 posts
6,014 battles

where could they have possibly hoped to push... capping isnt even relevant to what is in that screen shot. body count, map control, are the primary issues. what would change in this picture if they had all 4 caps? nothing.

39 minutes ago, db4100 said:

.  A DD or two tried to cap, but they had horrible support as they were too far back to be effective.  They loss because they never capped or even tried to cap.

That's not the fault of these guys still alive. That is their fualt for overextending.

Also yes it's wrong...On a human level and a gameplay level. Not just for the reasons above, but simply keeping your ship alive as long as possible is usually a good way to win games. Running away means coming back later with more HP, doing more damage and picking up more kills.

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,461 posts
17,530 battles

"Calling" is wrong at so many level

But the most important one is just players reporting you, and your chat log review, and if it as you described above, violating chat rule, you may get chat ban. So squash the fuelling by let it go

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

It may just be me but I have always found people attaching attributes like Bravery , manhood or fear to a video game that takes place in a pixel world in where you click a mouse in the comfort and safety of your own home kinda strange.  

You die, you click , you re spawn,  rinse and repeat.

Some people put FAR too much into a game that has nothing to do with RL 

But hey, maybe it's just me.

But I bet I can catch the biggest FISH!!!

Now THAT makes me the better man !!  :cap_like:

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 5

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
12,293 battles
35 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

"Calling" is wrong at so many level

But the most important one is just players reporting you, and your chat log review, and if it as you described above, violating chat rule, you may get chat ban. So squash the fuelling by let it go

So, to be clear on this, we should never use chat to say anything contentious. It should only ever be used to say things that Mother, Big Brother and the State Police would find agreeable.

In this way, freedom is preserved.

War is Peace.

Slavery is Freedom.

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I may be spineless but I'm no wussie.

box-jellyfish.jpg?w968h681

However you do seem to just float with the tide most of the time.

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Members
4,671 posts
45,422 battles

Cruisers : I will set up artillery support from behind that island shaped like a chicken.

Battleships: I will shoot at anything from the nose bleeds. I might hit something, but I can push if anybody else's cones with me, otherwise I will sit back here and see how it goes.

DDs : I will go in cap, they can't see me and they will never expect me to go there. Not even those pesky CVs.

CVs : * Facepalm.  I will spot and see if any of them are easy to attack so make sure you attack what I spot. Anybody?

Red team : MM works just fine. Hit any DDs you find in caps, CV spot the cruisers, and attack the BBs. All purple divisions come with me, we will push. That team according to (redacted) is terrible. They will be a steam roll.

A few moments later...

Red team: OMG, what the frak happened? They should have been easy to get! We got clobbered! What happened purple divisions?

Purple divisions: Uh, Er, lag. Lag, yeah high ping. My horoscope said I should not play today anyway. Purple division 2 : Well, I forgot to get my vitamin water and I got a butt cramp. We also ordered pizza and the driver wouldn't take plastic. Purple division 3: We, had to r reset the router and one of us had a F/C issue.

Green team: Wow, our tactics worked. The new camping and firing at anything that moves works. We beat 3 divisions, I think I am ready for KOS tournament.

WG, MM, working as intended. Maybe. (Devs are laughing at purple divisions losing). Balance, da. Fair, hoho. We just made one purple team think they are playing a crappy team, but both teams are purple. Only team with plan wins.

Maybe we try hiding players behind bot names next in co-op. See if players notice.

Play as best you can. Be just as gracious in defeat as in victory. It's a waste of time to bother to criticize bad game play.

I do complain in operations, but it's due to the simplest of objectives not being met. Yep frustrating. Looking back, just makes me aggravated. Not worth it either. I often laugh at myself for blowing my top.

Some games will bring out the worst in all of us, but take a step back and realize, this stuff happens.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,244 posts
1 minute ago, Sou1forge said:

However you do seem to just float with the tide most of the time.

:Smile_trollface:

Adult box jellies are active swimmers that hunt down and kill their prey.

Members
2,832 posts
94 battles

Yes. People today are too pampered and sheltered in their safe spaces too much that when someone calls them that, their very thin skins get scratched up and they bawl and roll on the floor crying.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,364 posts
10,521 battles

Just finished a match where our Gneis rushed into a cap against 2 full HP BBs and a CA.  He spent the rest of the match (which we won) calling everyone cowards (actually he called us  Kowards).

So, to answer your question, who gives a damn?

[HKC]
Members
865 posts
2 hours ago, paradat said:

Best practice for enjoyment of the game is to not concern yourself much at all with the other players. Evaluate yourself and move on.

This is the magic spell.   Name calling will not change a persons play-style. Inviting them to come to forums to get advice may.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles
1 hour ago, SidTheBlade said:

War is Peace.

Slavery is Freedom.

To be fair....

My Roof, My Rules.

The Constitution guarantees you free speech in public, not in private, which is where you are right now.

You can voice dissent, you just have to be civil about it.

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
12,293 battles
22 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

To be fair....

My Roof, My Rules.

The Constitution guarantees you free speech in public, not in private, which is where you are right now.

You can voice dissent, you just have to be civil about it.

Says who?

If you offer "your" property as open to the public, you cannot then have visitors charged with trespass. You have waived "your" exclusive right to possession by offering an invitation to enter to the public.

Indeed, it is a felony under US law to infringe the civil rights of US citizens, including free speech. Therefore, if the law were to be enforced, the whole concept of privately owned forums would be dismantled, and most social media corporations would have their operations shut down, and their executives imprisoned.

"If the law were to be enforced", is the critical sub phrase in that sentence, of course. The mindless corporate elitism of the current world means that fascism is everywhere, and people actually believe that billionaires do what they please, due to some legal authority.

They don't. Billionaires trample civil rights because the army hasn't decided to take a whole bunch of compromised judges out back of barn, and dispose of them for failing to uphold the rule of law.

That's all it is. And it could, and might, change a lot faster than you think, if history is any guide.

Edited by SidTheBlade

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,322 posts

it's a service... they can refuse you access to it for any reason they want...  you agreed to abide by their rules when you signed up...

[YORHA]
Members
5,364 posts
10,521 battles
1 hour ago, SidTheBlade said:

Says who?

If you offer "your" property as open to the public, you cannot then have visitors charged with trespass. You have waived "your" exclusive right to possession by offering an invitation to enter to the public.

Indeed, it is a felony under US law to infringe the civil rights of US citizens, including free speech. Therefore, if the law were to be enforced, the whole concept of privately owned forums would be dismantled, and most social media corporations would have their operations shut down, and their executives imprisoned.

"If the law were to be enforced", is the critical sub phrase in that sentence, of course. The mindless corporate elitism of the current world means that fascism is everywhere, and people actually believe that billionaires do what they please, due to some legal authority.

They don't. Billionaires trample civil rights because the army hasn't decided to take a whole bunch of compromised judges out back of barn, and dispose of them for failing to uphold the rule of law.

That's all it is. And it could, and might, change a lot faster than you think, if history is any guide.

Stop it.  You are making yourself look foolish.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,268 posts
12,187 battles

Wussie - yes, Spineless is situational. The BB hiding at A1 from match start out of even their own gun range - yes. A team that plays 0 offense - yes. The guy that is at 25% health in a BB after tanking shots from 5 enemy ships for 5 minutes and had to finally get out of spotting range to repair - no. 

I don't expect people to be as reckless as I tend to be given I'm an aggressive player - and understand it's a game there are no real consequences, but some of these people play like their house will explode if their ship does. There's 'strategic play' and then there's just what I often deal with where everyone hides behind an island, fight be damned. 

If all your gonna do is avoid the fight entirely, in a combat game, sorry, don't press battle and consider uninstalling because if your not going to attack ships or at least spot - your a waste of a spot for a teammate that could have been useful. I can understand max gun range in ships like Yoshino designed to kite and not take hits, I can understand avoiding a bad scenario or tactical play, I even understand and accept AFK's cause things happen either with tech issues or something suddenly comes up. But hitting battle to avoid the fight, never engage and make 11 or less players do all the work for you - no. 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,829 battles
4 hours ago, db4100 said:

The "wussies" or "spineless". 

Are these names you would like the player base to use when referring to you? There's your answer!

• Boring 1