kgh52

The thrill is gone

36 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

Beginning last Friday I've found myself growing more apathetic towards this game. I hate to take a break & waste my premium time yet it seems more like a duty than having fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPlsqo2bk2M

• Cool 6

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,918 posts
11,596 battles
6 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Beginning last Friday I've found myself growing more apathetic towards this game. I hate to take a break & waste my premium time yet it seems more like a duty than having fun.

9CN9597.png

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
18 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Yeah, with what we've seen in the last 18 months, and what's in the pipeline... doing dailies just feels like a chore about half the time.  WG's vision of the game is clearly something that quite a few of us just didn't sign up for, and WOWS is starting to show signs of the things that ruined WOT.   

With the looming deliberate lockout of everyone using the old launcher (still working on a way to contain the WGC and keep it out of the rest of my computer) in less than a month now, I'm not sure that it matters.  

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
807 posts
7,176 battles

I'm right there with you guys. I haven't played in a few days, and I'm not really missing it. Which is a shame because I did really enjoy this game.

I do not like the direction this game seems to be heading in. I also don't like how WG is trying to herd everyone into PvP, and shuts PvE out of accomplishing missions and campaigns.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[PVE]
Members
4,263 posts
18,638 battles

Target, Cease Fire !!!   OP, your first bullet hit. 

2019 killed my appetite for this game.  The Buy-to-Achieve and them having veterans on this forum telling us "it's easy" because they bought all of the ships needed did me in....  Talk about hypocrisy in action.......  "I'm a potato" is a common reply and yet, those players are in the newest Tier 8-9-10 ships ten minutes after the event starts flying every flag the game has.....  Of course it is easy that way and our Host caters to whales and those veteran players...............  The rest of us.......well, just don't matter.  Didn't matter in WoTs either.  If we don't like it, leave is their response..........  OK.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles

i havent played a random battle in 2 months and i feel amazing, probably the smartest thing ive done so far was stop playing.

• Confused 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,245 battles
35 minutes ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

I'm right there with you guys. I haven't played in a few days, and I'm not really missing it. Which is a shame because I did really enjoy this game.

I do not like the direction this game seems to be heading in. I also don't like how WG is trying to herd everyone into PvP, and shuts PvE out of accomplishing missions and campaigns.

Gotta have fodder for those deep purple whales.

Part of the reason I never got really deeply invested in Tanks is there seemed no point to trying.

Hitting ‘battle’ was a ticket to frustration; you could barely survive long enough to learn basic game mechanics, and always seemed to die to someone you never saw. (Hooray for purples with fully developed tanks, crews, and gold ammo.)

Warships was at least slower paced, and being a new game, everyone was on a (relatively) even playing field.

Still, I could see even then, (2016,) that Warships would eventually reach the stage Tanks was in back then; and it seems that now it’s certainly done so.

Yay.

Never mind all the ships many have clamored for for years, we’ve got to put out more one-off or paper tanks! I mean ships!

Yay, Mk II.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
13 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Yeah, with what we've seen in the last 18 months, and what's in the pipeline... doing dailies just feels like a chore about half the time.  WG's vision of the game is clearly something that quite a few of us just didn't sign up for, and WOWS is starting to show signs of the things that ruined WOT.   

With the looming deliberate lockout of everyone using the old launcher (still working on away to contain the WGC and keep it out of the rest of my computer) in less than a month now, I'm not sure that it matters.  

Yes, I can justifiably place almost 100% of the blame on WG, after all it is their game & they have 100% control of the game's evolution.

7 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

i havent played a random battle in 2 months and i feel amazing, probably the smartest thing ive done so far was stop playing.

I switched from randoms to ops in the glory days, before the CV rework. Since the rework WG has failed to return several ops as they clearly, undeniably stated. This is a huge downer.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,876 posts
16,323 battles
51 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I can relate ... and like your taste in music ...

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,376 posts
20,047 battles

I took a month off last cb season and it was wonderful now I just limit my playing time in its been good for my soul

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,376 posts
20,047 battles

All their early access scenarios CB ranked CB ranked over and over and over really Burns you out quick

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
Just now, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

I took a month off last cb season and it was wonderful now I just limit my playing time in its been good for my soul

At this moment in time the only reason I still play is my son & I spend some time together which is difficult sometimes. If you have married children you know what I mean.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,175 battles
59 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I feel your pain I have been getting killed for 3 weeks . I was thinking the same thing but 

MRW GGG announces Vaal EQ after I had already planned a Ground ...

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,414 posts
15,870 battles
8 minutes ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

All their early access scenarios CB ranked CB ranked over and over and over really Burns you out quick

Join the Wolves and relax.

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,376 posts
20,047 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Join the Wolves and relax.

I actually just joined baby kraken and talk about refreshing been really fun group of guys to hang out with

[-F-]
Members
422 posts
20,976 battles

I went back to playing WOW. I'm like 2 xpacs behind so it feels like a new game. This is stagnating faster than i thought it would, but i saw this coming over a year ago. I hoped fervently that i would be wrong, but WG has petty much ignored every cautionary word from the player base, community contributors and supertesters because their spreadsheets tell them "something only we know". I've spent tons of money on this game and dont regret it, but i dont see myself spending any more on it for the next few years at the very least.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,414 posts
15,870 battles
Just now, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

I actually just joined baby kraken and talk about refreshing been really fun group of guys to hang out with

OH good. I played a lot of Clan Battles in WOT and it became more work than fun. Hence why I created the Lone Wolves when the clan system spun up here in WOWS. Up to 19 clans now. 

Always important to keep your priorities strait on why you play a game. Find the fun and keep it, do not let any game company seduce you into an endless grind. Pick what you have fun with and enjoy it. It is in WG's best interest to engage me as much as they can but that is not always in my best interest. 

• Cool 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,376 posts
20,047 battles
12 minutes ago, paradat said:

OH good. I played a lot of Clan Battles in WOT and it became more work than fun. Hence why I created the Lone Wolves when the clan system spun up here in WOWS. Up to 19 clans now. 

Always important to keep your priorities strait on why you play a game. Find the fun and keep it, do not let any game company seduce you into an endless grind. Pick what you have fun with and enjoy it. It is in WG's best interest to engage me as much as they can but that is not always in my best interest. 

I hear you pretty much just play clan battles as the priority ranked to a point and randoms don't get much time anymore

Having a good clan to play with makes a big difference

[ANK-A]
Beta Testers
5 posts
19,945 battles

I think this is still CAN BE a really good and exciting game. I love it when a random game comes down to the final moments of the battle, but that rarely happens. 90 percent of the time you have one team blowing out the other. Losing team gets minimal damage and frustrated. Winning team may get the win but the game ends so fast no one gets any damage. Neither side has much in the way of fun. This game use to be fun to play, not so much anymore. I think the need for random game balance is real. 

[--K--]
Supertester
1,226 posts
11,176 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

9CN9597.png

Lol, been playing the sequel of this last few days. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,414 posts
15,870 battles
2 minutes ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

I hear you pretty much just play clan battles as the priority ranked to a point and randoms don't get much time anymore

Having a good clan to play with makes a big difference

For sure.

For me I am here to play randoms as often or as little  as is my want with no schedule to have to adhere to. Pursuing my own goals and desires. I did have a ton of fun in clan battles and as you say a good clan helps a lot but dang the planning the training the pre-match coordination it became a job for me particularly if you are calling the battle. Again this is just for me folks who want to enjoy clan battles certainly should, in some ways it is the best way to experience a game like this at a high level.

[SIM]
Members
4,931 posts
8,010 battles

Honestly, the community has curtailed a lot of my interest in WoWs. At the start of 2019 it was legitimately my favorite game, and now I play about five battles each month. On the forums and in chat there’s too much crying, too much finger pointing, and too much immaturity. Complaints and critiques are one thing, but the minute that your emotion eclipses your intellect, it’s time to be silent. 

For what it’s worth, I hope that you’re able to rekindle your love for the game somehow. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,414 posts
15,870 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

Man you need a break. What was the last positive thread you have posted? Seem to be in a rut. 

Enjoy your game time with your son and try to not gripe about the game as you play it. Maybe even see if he is interested in another game.

[WOSDS]
[WOSDS]
Members
85 posts
12,915 battles

I am with the OP, I have migrated to mainly OPS and CoOP of late. The number of planes and toxic chat in randoms just leave me deflated. I have found that the frustration out weighs the laughs theses days and decided to wait out and see what the knew sub plague will add to the game before my final decision. I have gone from an every day player to now missing days at a time, it is just not fun.

I dont tend to tire of a game, it is normal that I just find something more interesting. I find it interesting that both with WOT and WOWS it is the game that has driven me towards other titles. I love the gun boat era of ship warfare and that is what originally drew me to WOWS. Unfortunately it is now impossible for me to enjoy without frankly getting annoyed at the lack of interaction with planes and what I believe will be the same with subs.

I enjoy dds but thrive on cruisers and BBs (most of who will just be floating targets to subs it appears). Personally I have no interest in carriers but that is just me, subs I expect will not be to my liking but we will see. For the first time I am now missing days at a time and sadly I think this will only go one way.

Not angry just disappointment.

[PVE]
Members
1,443 posts
39,329 battles
2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

You are not alone.

• Cool 2