Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Benjammn79

The Alaska...

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

155
[_CIA_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
404 posts
3,604 battles

Haven't played in a while (moved, new job, dissertation, etc).  Logged in today and happened to look at the convertible XP I had sitting on ships.  Comes to 1.2 million.  I see the Alaska is available for 1mil free XP.  Who wants to buy me the 40k doubloons for it? :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
644
[KSE]
Members
789 posts
27,276 battles

Well I’ve got 14 million convertible XP for that person...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[_CIA_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
404 posts
3,604 battles

I hear ya.  I went to the shop to see how much it would cost.  200 freakin dollars.  LOL - wth? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
11 posts
6,266 battles
Just now, Benjammn79 said:

I hear ya.  I went to the shop to see how much it would cost.  200 freakin dollars.  LOL - wth? 

or you know, buy it from the shop for 77 dollars? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[ARS]
Members
157 posts
3,896 battles

I just cashed in the 1million FXP for it... totally worth it... not worth $200 in dubs though. lol

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[_CIA_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
404 posts
3,604 battles
2 minutes ago, VFVRekt said:

or you know, buy it from the shop for 77 dollars? lol

Greetings from Charlotte!  Ha - I didn't realize it was in the shop.  Has it always been?

1 minute ago, schizrade said:

I just cashed in the 1million FXP for it... totally worth it... not worth $200 in dubs though. lol

Yeah?  After WG pulled that [edited] with the FXP Mizzou, I quit trying to get FXP ships.  Barely got the Musashi before they pulled that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,073
[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,294 posts
16,978 battles
2 minutes ago, Benjammn79 said:

Greetings from Charlotte!  Ha - I didn't realize it was in the shop.  Has it always been?

Except for reward ships (which includes all of the t10 ships, all steel ships, and the first free xp ships - Missouri and Nelson), more or less every premium ship purchasable in game can be purchased directly through the premium shop.

Since WG started offering t9 premiums, all except Missouri were directly or indirectly purchasable for cash (since benham tokens could be bought in the premium shop I believe). Can’t remember offhand if Musashi and Kron were sold directly for cash, but since Alaska and JB last year every t9 premium can be bought for $77.20 USD in the store for as long as it’s available in game. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[_CIA_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
404 posts
3,604 battles
5 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Except for reward ships (which includes all of the t10 ships, all steel ships, and the first free xp ships - Missouri and Nelson), more or less every premium ship purchasable in game can be purchased directly through the premium shop.

Since WG started offering t9 premiums, all except Missouri were directly or indirectly purchasable for cash (since benham tokens could be bought in the premium shop I believe). Can’t remember offhand if Musashi and Kron were sold directly for cash, but since Alaska and JB last year every t9 premium can be bought for $77.20 USD in the store for as long as it’s available in game. 

Good to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[CV-6-]
Members
137 posts
9,555 battles
23 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Except for reward ships (which includes all of the t10 ships, all steel ships, and the first free xp ships - Missouri and Nelson), more or less every premium ship purchasable in game can be purchased directly through the premium shop.

Since WG started offering t9 premiums, all except Missouri were directly or indirectly purchasable for cash (since benham tokens could be bought in the premium shop I believe). Can’t remember offhand if Musashi and Kron were sold directly for cash, but since Alaska and JB last year every t9 premium can be bought for $77.20 USD in the store for as long as it’s available in game. 

They didn't start selling tier 9's until Jean Bart, the 3 that came before were only available for free xp, or in musashi's case free xp and coal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,419
[RLGN]
Members
18,669 posts
33,718 battles

Last time I checked, (a year or so ago?) I was somewhere north of 18 mil potential xp.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,073
[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,294 posts
16,978 battles
25 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Last time I checked, (a year or so ago?) I was somewhere north of 18 mil potential xp.

Yeah you’ve beaten me. I think I’m sitting at only 12-14 million combined. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
924
[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

@Benjammn79 Since you've been gone they dropped the flag limit on economics. You can stack up some crazy bonuses to help chop down on that or get it for free. Since Alaska is amazing, I highly recommend it!

Not my screenshot, but it serves a purpose. This was well before the change and isn't a crazy game, so imagine the numbers you can rack up! KIM that WG gutted the operations, so you can't grind them anymore.

image.thumb.png.a3ae3dcadb747854c50d04834f19fbfb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
109
[F4E]
Members
403 posts
14,478 battles

I just bought ALASKA (1M FXP) yesterday.

I only have about 4 game in her under my belt...but she seems all she's cracked up to be.

I may use her to help train up my New Mexico captain (who is my North Carolina C.O. in waiting, once I have worked my way through the COLORADO -- I have slowed my ship progression to bulk up captains and my focus has been on the USN CA line, followed by the USN DD line and the USN CL line...with some dabbling in other lines...)

She seems well-suited to a BB captain as compared to a CA captain (though she can function just fine with those guys as well...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Here is what I recommend, if you think you can wait till next Black Friday or whenever, get the Alaska B.   It looks 50x better and it only costed me $10 or something.  But ofc, it is rng and it could cost you more.   But Alaska is an amazing ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,729
[O7]
Members
1,525 posts
12,825 battles

alaska very worth the free xp and its only 1m free xp. excellent ship that could easily fit as a tier 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,015
[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
15,406 battles

Compare the Alaska to the Buffalo and Neptune, two other tier 9 "cruisers".

The Alaska has twice the HP, and cannot be citadelled. It has much bigger guns. It has better handling than the Buffalo.

The Buffalo and Neptune are very weak ships, very easy to citadel. The Neptune is incredibly weak, as it doesn't even have decent guns. It literally cannot hurt most things at its own tier, unless it gets lucky with slow torps, and cannot hope to win against many ships two tiers below it. It has no HE, and ultra slow shell velocity that limits its effective range to below 14km. This is a tier 9 ship, mind you.

The Buffalo turns like a battleship, and has a massive citadel. It's AA doesn't work. It will lose a third of its HP to one rocket attack, even with the AA consumable. It is so easy to burn, having three and even four fires is normal. Still, at least it has guns that can do damage, unlike the Neptune.

The Alaska, when compared to these ships, is simply ridiculous. It has better armour and guns than the Iowa, the same tier BB, it has radar, and it has a massive HP pool. 

It is hard to respect the game design team at WG, when such imbalance is present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[_CIA_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
404 posts
3,604 battles
20 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

KIM that WG gutted the operations, so you can't grind them anymore.

Seriously?  I think that's why I have so much FXP.  It's all on the ships that I did the ops with.  Has WG done anything good while I've been gone? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,763
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
7 minutes ago, Benjammn79 said:

Seriously?  I think that's why I have so much FXP.  It's all on the ships that I did the ops with.  Has WG done anything good while I've been gone? lol

From what I saw, it appears that the biggest change is that a full 7 players' worth of base XP is no longer split between a smaller group doing Ops as Divs -- the gap between new and old "payouts" is much higher for smaller groups.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,845
[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
23 hours ago, Benjammn79 said:

Haven't played in a while (moved, new job, dissertation, etc).  Logged in today and happened to look at the convertible XP I had sitting on ships.  Comes to 1.2 million.  I see the Alaska is available for 1mil free XP.  Who wants to buy me the 40k doubloons for it? :Smile_veryhappy:

No harm in asking!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×