You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

[UPD] Server Desync Bug

43 comments in this topic

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,653 battles

Standby for words from the Chief.

Captains,

We are aware of the "desync" issue which may sometimes cause shells to miss their target. For now, we are collecting replays and other information and investigating the problem. We assure you that we will deliver the fix for the problem as soon as possible.

We would like to apologize for the situation and all the inconvenience caused.

That is all.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Edited by turbo07
  • Cool 14

[-FINS]
Members
38 posts
4,947 battles

Great news! Thank you WG! So far I’ve only noticed it with rocket plane attacks. Will have to submit replays next time it happens.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,653 battles

Aloha,

It should be noted that this is an issue we have been looking into and reviewing replays from you all as a result of reports from you all. GG! :Smile_izmena:

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[RBMKI]
Members
376 posts
6,252 battles

You should have seen some of the "what the eff" moments in clan battles, it makes you doubt your sanity at times. 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,472 posts
23,849 battles

So I got an alibi for every shell that misses! Fantastic!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CK5]
Members
1,549 posts
16,305 battles
8 minutes ago, Khafni said:

So I got an alibi for every shell that misses! Fantastic!

Yes, but your alibi still did not improve your score.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TORCH]
Beta Testers
128 posts
9,407 battles

Wargaming:

Congratulations! You managed to unstow your head from your bass poles and acknowledge this really is happening. NOW - STOP all NEW content creation. Stop working on submarines, German CVs, and made-up Russian ships. Take a breath, and take this patch to fix all the various bugs and issues your community has brought to your attention.

LISTEN for ONCE so we can once again unstow our wallets and enjoy this marvelous game.

Thanks!

/31KnotBurke

• Cool 4

[D-DAY]
Members
6,979 posts
11 minutes ago, 31KnotBurke said:

Wargaming:

Congratulations! You managed to unstow your head from your bass poles and acknowledge this really is happening. NOW - STOP all NEW content creation. Stop working on submarines, German CVs, and made-up Russian ships. Take a breath, and take this patch to fix all the various bugs and issues your community has brought to your attention.

LISTEN for ONCE so we can once again unstow our wallets and enjoy this marvelous game.

Thanks!

/31KnotBurke

Although there were a couple of threads that got 'There is no problem - we've had no reports (or not enough)' WG have now acknowledged it and are investigating.

It is good they are acting on the findings/reports and have communicated this. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[NOCAP]
Members
2,290 posts
20,059 battles
17 minutes ago, 31KnotBurke said:

Wargaming:

Thanks!

/31KnotBurke

thats.... not how it works. there is a lot of different groups of workers at wargaming. theres the people that find and fix bugs, there's the content planners, the content creators,  the public relations office, separate graphics teams for adding in new ships and enhancing old maps/ships.  its just like every other office. not everyone knows how to look and fix bugs. ceasing all content creation would do nothing but make your team useless till the bug is fixed. 

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
13,286 posts
20,135 battles

Call me a cynic or a critic... This is the same tactic police dept. around the US say to calm down the perceived heat...

The same tactic when say a ridiculous Change.org requests, gets the attention of a Federal institution...

If you ask me, I say the same outcome will happen here as its been noted/mentioned above...

Until I see action instead of words, an "investigation" is a first step (not to mention, any further details will fall under the "privacy" clause of the TOS/EULA.) 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,338 posts
15 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Call me a cynic or a critic... This is the same tactic police dept. around the US say to calm down the perceived heat...

The same tactic when say a ridiculous Change.org requests, gets the attention of a Federal institution...

If you ask me, I say the same outcome will happen here as its been noted/mentioned above...

Until I see action instead of words, an "investigation" is a first step (not to mention, any further details will fall under the "privacy" clause of the TOS/EULA.) 

then why bother making a post.. if they said nothing the pitch forks would come out... if they say something the flaming torches come out...

• Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
13,286 posts
20,135 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

then why bother making a post.. if they said nothing the pitch forks would come out... if they say something the flaming torches come out...

PR dept. only passes the word to the guys in RU... Now, what are the priorities of St. Pete Devs?? No word from them... That is why I stated until I see the final action, other then words... Cool... Till then, as per my OP, call me a cynic or a critic..

ATM, these are the priorities...

Mind you, we dont know how far pushed back these projects are due the the pandemic.. The anti-bot measures are going to be a pain...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,338 posts
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

PR dept. only passes the word to the guys in RU... Now, what are the priorities of St. Pete Devs?? No word from them... That is why I stated until I see the final action, other then words... Cool... Till then, as per my OP, call me a cynic or a critic..

Mind you, we dont know how far pushed back these projects are due the the pandemic.. The anti-bot measures are going to be a pain...

i meant why would wg state they are looking at it at all...   if they do you come up with "we don't believe you" and if they don;t say anything "Why aren't you looking into it???"

as i said damned if they do and damned if they don't

and ppl wonder why they might not want to say anything lol

[NOCAP]
Members
2,290 posts
20,059 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

i mean tbf they did release a video a year or two ago explaining in detail how they find and fix bugs. they said it could take days, weeks sometimes months iirc. theres a lot of code to filter through. investigations probably mean they are trying to find the root of the problem

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,338 posts

and likely the word will have come down from upon high... "fix it! but no delays on everything else... "

Members
156 posts
2,940 battles

Thanks for acknowledging the issue. I can't play WoWs rn because this is driving me crazy as a Tashkent player. I can't tell if I'm hitting superstructures or not. :cap_hmm:

Members
99 posts
6,416 battles
8 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Standby for words from the Chief.

Captains,

We are aware of the "desync" issue which may sometimes cause shells to miss their target. For now, we are collecting replays and other information and investigating the problem. We assure you that we will deliver the fix for the problem as soon as possible.
There is a similar situation when bombs land faster than the damage is dealt. As for this issue, we already have the solution, but we need some time to properly prepare it for delivery to the production environment.

We would like to apologize for the situation and all the inconvenience caused.

That is all.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

I play BWN and I am sorry if there are many letters here form the log in and shells miss and non- game compliant, I have been trying my self just to play fair and play as to have fun, I am now so low and the shells and penalty and the client crashes and one more penalty over hits not seeing it crashed, and I log back in to get the penalty, just things like this,

Members
1,036 posts

sometimes you just have to use capital letters and some salt in a post to get desired results ..and take a few of those chat ban warnings ...i dont mind taking one for the team 

[NOCAP]
Members
2,290 posts
20,059 battles
12 minutes ago, arch4random said:

sometimes you just have to use capital letters and some salt in a post to get desired results ..and take a few of those chat ban warnings ...i dont mind taking one for the team 

well i guess its time for the R E M O V E   T H E   C V   C O M M E N T S    T O   C O M E    L I K E    T H I S *CURSE WORD CURSE WORD WARGAMING*

lol