Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nikolay_Kuznetsov_

Fully Updated Clan Ports

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,015
[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
12,280 battles

I'd like to see ports we can sail around in, and out of. An open world concept.

If it were me at WG, looking to earn some revenue, I would take a look at other MMOs, and see how they profit. In Eve Online, for example, building the clan headquarters is a massive (and expensive) enterprise. it can be attacked, and missions, both PVE and PVP, are launched from there.

If it were me, i'd allow clans to buy port facilities in all the different places, and build up their infrastructure in each place. I would allow ships to be transferred between ports with a delay of one day or so, and I would allow clans to beseige and damage the infrastructure of other clans they have declared war against. Declaring war would cost a fee.

Assault and defensive operations could be made seasonal, like Clan Battles and Brawls, and they would essentially be like the existing operations, which already have infrastructure damage mechanics.

Rather than relentlessly adding more and more class of ships that are not gunboats, and wondering why it doesn't work in a  gunboat game, I'd expand the player experience by developing the ability of Clans to generate their own content.

Eve Online has had wars that can only be described as "Epic". Epic in scale, epic in drama. Epic in cost. Those guys spend literally hundreds of thousands of dollars on their collective war efforts, and the game publisher does nothing to generate that content, except allow it to be possible.

WG are determined to stick to an arcade game play style, so it is a bit odd that they even bother with Clans, and bases. Presumably, they can't envision the single shard concept the CCP games have pioneered.

It's a pity, IMHO. 

Player generated content is always the best content.

Edited by SidTheBlade
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,904
[RLGN]
Members
16,188 posts
28,079 battles
1 hour ago, SidTheBlade said:

It's a pity, IMHO. 

Player generated content is always the best content.

Doing stuff like that would make sense; which it has been repeatedly demonstrated that, in certain quarters is, decidedly lacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
652
[-VT-]
Members
856 posts
37,050 battles
5 hours ago, SidTheBlade said:

I'd like to see ports we can sail around in, and out of. An open world concept.

If it were me at WG, looking to earn some revenue, I would take a look at other MMOs, and see how they profit. In Eve Online, for example, building the clan headquarters is a massive (and expensive) enterprise. it can be attacked, and missions, both PVE and PVP, are launched from there.

If it were me, i'd allow clans to buy port facilities in all the different places, and build up their infrastructure in each place. I would allow ships to be transferred between ports with a delay of one day or so, and I would allow clans to beseige and damage the infrastructure of other clans they have declared war against. Declaring war would cost a fee.

Assault and defensive operations could be made seasonal, like Clan Battles and Brawls, and they would essentially be like the existing operations, which already have infrastructure damage mechanics.

Rather than relentlessly adding more and more class of ships that are not gunboats, and wondering why it doesn't work in a  gunboat game, I'd expand the player experience by developing the ability of Clans to generate their own content.

Eve Online has had wars that can only be described as "Epic". Epic in scale, epic in drama. Epic in cost. Those guys spend literally hundreds of thousands of dollars on their collective war efforts, and the game publisher does nothing to generate that content, except allow it to be possible.

WG are determined to stick to an arcade game play style, so it is a bit odd that they even bother with Clans, and bases. Presumably, they can't envision the single shard concept the CCP games have pioneered.

It's a pity, IMHO. 

Player generated content is always the best content.

No

No

No

 

WG has base attacks in WoT and those were implemented before WoWs ever launched.  There is good reason base attacks are not here.

EVE Online is your example?  Different sort of game and totally different player type.  
 

And money spent? A third of the posts in these forums complain about money spent and now you suggest ramping up expenses to play by an order of magnitude?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[TRC]
Members
87 posts

I'd like to see the capability to actually dictate who gets access to what perks in the clan base.  IF you have clowns that refuse to participate in clan battles, or what not, and are just in a clan for the "bonus perks", clan admins should be able to alot whom gets access to what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,930
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,690 posts
23,735 battles
19 minutes ago, 99Lightning said:

I'd like to see the capability to actually dictate who gets access to what perks in the clan base.  IF you have clowns that refuse to participate in clan battles, or what not, and are just in a clan for the "bonus perks", clan admins should be able to alot whom gets access to what.

Your mentioning the guys who earn the clan oil, right.....

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,373
[HINON]
Members
14,208 posts

Let us stack up barrels of extra oil and the shoot them for a nice fire ball that is visible from space.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
162
[DOG]
Members
812 posts
14,266 battles
1 hour ago, 99Lightning said:

I'd like to see the capability to actually dictate who gets access to what perks in the clan base.  IF you have clowns that refuse to participate in clan battles, or what not, and are just in a clan for the "bonus perks", clan admins should be able to alot whom gets access to what.

If I earned the oil that was used to build up said base (regardless of how the oil was earned - you can earn a LOT outside of CW), why should I then be denied the benefit of said facilities if I don't or can't do CW?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
[PUMA]
Members
1,168 posts
10,957 battles
8 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Is there any word about what happens to all the Oil collected after all the buildings are finished?

Does WG have any plans to add more perks?

There is a lot of empty space on the clan base (beyond the monitor boundaries... scroll the base!). I bet you a cup of coffee that WG, at some point in the future, will dream up new buildings.

For example:

A submarine base like the Germans built on the french atlantic coast in La Rochelle.

or

A Naval Air Station to do maintenance on aircraft.

Edited by freggo
content correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,521
[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
1 hour ago, 99Lightning said:

I'd like to see the capability to actually dictate who gets access to what perks in the clan base.  IF you have clowns that refuse to participate in clan battles, or what not, and are just in a clan for the "bonus perks", clan admins should be able to alot whom gets access to what.

I disagree, the game doesn't need more overhead or drama ...

People who contribute (according to different Clan guidelines) should all benefit ... that's primarily what the clan is for.  If they don't, boot them ... simple.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
465
[BTLST]
Members
770 posts
11,822 battles

I respect the input on this topic by all.    However, my thoughts on clans attacking other clan's naval bases are staunchly against this idea.    I believe we would see the major power clans running around seal clubbing the smaller and less powerful clans Naval Bases hurting the very clans how need those benefits provided by their Naval Bases.    I do agree Wargaming needs to find additional facilities that clans can build, or how about being able to distribute excess oil in a converted form of FXP which clan members could then use as they see fit.    I would impose some controls so that the members most in need of such assistance received it rather than the more powerful members.   Difficult to do I'm sure!

The idea of being able to withhold clan benefits is one worthy of consideration as clans have little ability to enforce their rules now except for dismissing a member from the clan.   

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,949
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,239 posts
8 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Doing stuff like that would make sense; which it has been repeatedly demonstrated that, in certain quarters is, decidedly lacking.

There were user-created mods for Civilization that were so encompassing and unique as to be completely different games. About the only thing that was the same was that they used the same game engine. That company really supported mods too. In fact, most of the better user-created content eventually found its way into the main game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×