Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GetRekt_X9

Remove RTS CV Stats

20 comments in this topic

Members
36 posts
11,006 battles

RTS CVs have been gone for over a year now, there's no point to those stats sticking around hurting your overall when you can't even change them. Does WG have any plans to remove them or are they going to continue being a drag?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 13

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,703 battles

REEEE this sounds like a stat padder! i will down vote this immediately!

• Cool 5

[WOLF3]
Members
31,036 posts
26,068 battles

I say they stay.  If you were good or bad enough with the RTS CVs to contribute to the success or failure of your teams with those ships, then it needs to reflect as part of your performance history.

Were you terrible?  It needs to reflect that history.

Were you a rock star with RTS CVs?  It needs to reflect in that history also.

Were you simply average?  Same thing.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 3

[CLRN]
Members
609 posts
122 battles
2 hours ago, GetRekt_X9 said:

RTS CVs have been gone for over a year now, there's no point to those stats sticking around hurting your overall when you can't even change them. Does WG have any plans to remove them or are they going to continue being a drag?

Sounds like a new reworked CV main whose .ss get kicked with RTS CVs :Smile_teethhappy:

How about no? Only if you s.cked with them they are hurting your overall otherwise they dont. So git gud

Besides its nice to have a reminder of good old times when we had actuall counters to CVs.

Edited by ghostbuster_
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[RLGN]
Members
16,241 posts
28,133 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Me...

...maybe...

...sorta-kinda.

Did better in Co-op...

...until the rework.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,140 battles
5 hours ago, GetRekt_X9 said:

I checked the stats a couple of weeks ago, and was astonished to find a couple of games from pre-ReBork CVs listed as recent matches that week. Wut? 

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,533 posts
18,522 battles

If you look your own account up on the main page, you will find that pre-rework carriers are counted as different ships - even when they kept the same name at the same tier.

For example, in the OP's case, check the top and bottom ship:

image.thumb.png.302f4db88c6aa752b9d6d71cb972257b.png

I won't judge his pre-rework stats because I never was and still am not the greatest CV player ever, but it's pretty clear just by looking that even though the post-rework numbers are small, his winrate has skyrocketed: the rework seems to have been good to him so far. 

If some external site is pulling the numbers on his old even-tier CVs and lumping them in with his new even-tier CVs, that's the external site's problem. When all else fails, go back to the raw data. 

Members
170 posts
2,685 battles
7 hours ago, GetRekt_X9 said:

Yes, a stat hunter and probably a BB player who has been crying that he gets torped too often by CV's. Solution: ban CV's.... Next: "I get torped too often by DD's..It hurts my stats. Ergo: ban DD's".

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
6 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I say they stay.  If you were good or bad enough with the RTS CVs to contribute to the success or failure of your teams with those ships, then it needs to reflect as part of your performance history.

Were you a rock start with RTS CVs?  It needs to reflect in that history also.

Exactly.

Plus, looking at the OP's stat sig, I don't think he has much to worry about with his stats.  If he's hoping there's a darker shade of purple, there isn't.

• Cool 1

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

I have a far better solution....

Delete your account, create  new account, start over fresh like a clean sheet fresh off the line and then you do not need to worry about it.

• Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

I haven't looked -- are the old stats split off from the post-Rebork CV stats? 

If not, they should be. 

But they should never be deleted or removed from any account.  

The reminder of the colossal mistake of the Rebork should always be there. 

Members
36 posts
11,006 battles
6 hours ago, ghostbuster_ said:

How about no? Only if you s.cked with them they are hurting your overall otherwise they dont. So git gud

Besides its nice to have a reminder of good old times when we had actuall counters to CVs.

Well yes, that's my point. I did suck in them, but I can't change that anymore so I'd rather have that at least not contribute towards overall/post reework stats

Fair point. Maybe I should just stick to my talking point: Rollback CV rework 

7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Were you a rock start with RTS CVs?  It needs to reflect in that history also.

I would just rather have that history not be fighting against my current history. I'm not hard line on removing them period, but I would rather not have to compensate now to compete with them now that they're written in stone and nothing can change them.

• Boring 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,296 posts
8,079 battles
10 hours ago, GetRekt_X9 said:

Guess you had a rough time with CV's in RTS then. Personally I was largely a 60%+ WR in IJN, nowhere near that with US CV's tho. Like others, I feel the stats should stay to reflect ones overall performance.

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,967 battles
4 hours ago, Taichunger said:

I checked the stats a couple of weeks ago, and was astonished to find a couple of games from pre-ReBork CVs listed as recent matches that week. Wut? 

Maybe you checked the Asian server by accident?

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,733 posts
11,192 battles

The stats are part of a players history.  They need to stay.  If you want to remove them, you need to remove all history and start over.

There are quite a few ships that show how badly I played when starting out, that I have in my history from when I was learning the game.  I don't play them anymore, but they are still there showing the world how I sucked in them.  Some of them I could probably pad by playing them more now, but some I cannot, because their tiers have been changed so the stats are static forever.  They are part of my history.  I can, however, still adjust my overall stats by continuing to play at a higher level than I did when starting out.  

So, don't worry about it.  They don't matter anyway.  Recent stats are the only ones that matter.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,555 posts
6,443 battles
5 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I haven't looked -- are the old stats split off from the post-Rebork CV stats? 

If not, they should be. 

But they should never be deleted or removed from any account.  

The reminder of the colossal mistake of the Rebork should always be there. 

They are separate, just like Tier VI and Tier VIII Cleveland stats are separate.

[CYNIC]
Members
3,053 posts
8,311 battles

With the meta continually changing, stats should age and fall off.  It's a game, if you're playing ships simply to change stats, you should reevaluate your relationship with the "game" -- it's a chore at that point.

Sign in to follow this