You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Seriously , What are people thinking??

34 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
4,127 posts
22,619 battles

T-10  random.. great ship match-ups..even 2 good CVs.   We even have 2 of the newest TOP OF THE LINE new DDs on our team.  better than that , they are from the SAME CLAN ( will remain nameless ) Going to be a great round in the ole Gearing right?

The two DDs from that clan shadowed me to the weak flank..  we all wanted them to Cap B-C while I did this but they made a bee line to me.  Whole team BEGGING for spotting and capping.

I see an opening and go in to ping the cap so they will back off and get the attention of the Red CV..  BOTH of the DDS start torping in every direction except at the 4 ships that I spotted there.

Now 5 of the reds are heading to A.. JUST what I wanted but the other 3 Green DDS  WOULD NOT GO CAP B OR C 

Team BEGGING for spotting so I leave my post to go cap B and spot for the team...

While all this is going on the 2DDs have not hit ANYTHING.. They are just chasing each other all over the place as far from the cap as possible.

I end up dying with about 89k damage because every CL - CA - DD AND the CV knew only one DD was actually working and no one else was a Cap threat so they hunted me down. They had nothing else to do .. they got all three caps in the first 5 minutes.

WHY get the Best ships in the Game.. WHY BOTHER when you are just going to be useless, worthless and actually help the other team win??

They had the entire team on ignore and were just out like 8 year olds playing pew pew pew with daddies computer.

I think , especially a CLAN member should be banned from his / her clan if they are letting their children screw up the game like this IF that is what was going on.

Clans USED to mean something in Gaming.

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

[PISD]
Members
2,394 posts
7,459 battles
17 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

just out like 8 year olds playing pew pew pew

You already have your answer

[CLUMP]
Members
2,857 posts
2,996 battles

Their are bad players in clans been in clan isn't a sign of been a good player you know :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,349 posts
28,515 battles

Nice rant!

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,502 battles

First issue is you assuming there was thinking going on.

And that clan could just be a couple friends who installed the game, bought the biggest ships in the store and think running around shooting one another is fun.

• Cool 1

[DAS]
Members
1,084 posts
14,515 battles

I don't really want to depend those 2 guys, but other people telling me what to do is getting old and I tend to ignore them unless I kind of want to do what they are suggesting.

Also, those new DDs are not the best for capping since they are fairly easy to spot by many other DDs and no smoke can get you killed fast. I rarely go for caps when I play mine, unless I know I have backup or the area is safe.

[PRMUS]
Members
2,542 posts
16,099 battles

.. it isn't pretty, but that is the state of the game. One does not need skill to play at the higher tiers. Many would like a more skill based advancement system, whereby as one does prove out ones skills, advancment to the next tier becomes possible, but that isn't how it is.  As  FTP game, it can't afford that level of challenge.  We have all tossed ideas out there... like it is FTP up to tier "x" and then sub only, to help block off the uskilled... or  even a higher $ub level to have skilled competition... anywho... I dare say one couldn't ID it as once being an animal let alone a horse... cheers

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
51,706 battles

There are great clans with bad players and bad clans with great players. And there are potato clans that only play for fun.  And there are clans claiming to be great, that can't play at all. Even if they division. Because they are either too snooty to care, or they go in to a competitive match like Randoms and don't care to win or play as a team.

Most divisions you would be surprised, don't have general chatting on, they either use voice or division chat. They will often disable chat. However, standard notifications will still show. And it would not be uncommon to see them ignore everyone.

These are independent players in a division. They have their own agenda and just because they division, that doesn't guarantee any help or efficient gameplay.

It could be that division just could care less about the match. They don't want to compete, but they go in Randoms much to the annoyance of everyone.

I have had players in Randoms vent about this in co-op. It seems more common now.

I stopped playing Randoms myself mainly because I don't division, the game can be frustratingly slow, like watching paint dry, and the general consensus that purple players get an interestingly favorable matchup. 

Tier 4 games are more exciting.

I don't know how MM works, but if it was based on how much you spend, then I would be a purple player.

(Purple, this is supposedly the designated color of super unicums based on stats. I still don't understand how that would work as average player in this category only plays less than 500 games at low tier and somehow magically end up with a plethora of tier 10s in the span of two years. Which is about the equivalent of 4 years worth of ships. )

Having said that, in order to maintain the stat color purple, such a player only plays divisions. They are always practicing in training room. And often are far older than 8. Or they couldn't afford to pay up the FXP.

Why I understand your frustrations about such clans, this issue will likely not go away.

Since MM is not based on how much one spends, it has to be based on something else.

If I had a guess, I am not purple, so it has to be how purple you are.

But that is just a guess. I have no clue or proof. Only anecdote stories of players that see post battle results. Purple over orange almost every time. It is possible to have purple vs purple, but that's is if no orange is on.

I think it's kinda silly to be honest.

Is MM favorable to a few?

It might be subjective because there are few players tracking almost every match and turning in any proof.

We would have either known this by now or it has been suppressed. But why?

There's no pro league. Pro implies Nike, Adidas, and other endorsements. A grand championship and maybe a paid professional league. Clans would have tryouts, minor leagues, players unions, player contracts, etc.

And WG would be like the league organization and would sell ad revenue for broadcasts.

Nope. No such thing exists. Just maybe a bunch of clans that take the game way too serious that they will throw players out, or poach players for a KOS tournament, or even just blow a gasket if their PR dips 2 points.

Sorry dude. It's terrible that players don't play competitive in randoms as it is a competitive mode. It's unfortunate, but it's not going away.

Just try not to let it make you feel angry. You can only control what you can control.

You are a competitor and that is what you do. You can't get players to be on the same page no matter how much you ask in a competitive match. It's out of your control.

Good luck and try co-op if you feel down.

I see a lot of randoms regulars go there when they need a break.

Give it a try.

[WOLFG]
Members
16,357 posts
18,555 battles

OP, it is always sad when you learn that enough monkeys, enough keyboards, and enough time won't only get you the complete works of William Shakespeare.  It will also get someone to tier 10.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

They dont think, this is one of the major issues of the game. Players dont think in what they are doing, they just do. If you ask why they are doing most of them wont be able to provide a good explanation. 

Members
3,320 posts
595 battles
3 hours ago, LastRemnant said:

Their are bad players in clans been in clan isn't a sign of been a good player you know :Smile_teethhappy:

9SLA2ix.gif

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[IROCZ]
Banned
301 posts
27,801 battles
3 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

T-10  random.. great ship match-ups..even 2 good CVs.   We even have 2 of the newest TOP OF THE LINE new DDs on our team.  better than that , they are from the SAME CLAN ( will remain nameless ) Going to be a great round in the ole Gearing right?

The two DDs from that clan shadowed me to the weak flank..  we all wanted them to Cap B-C while I did this but they made a bee line to me.  Whole team BEGGING for spotting and capping.

I see an opening and go in to ping the cap so they will back off and get the attention of the Red CV..  BOTH of the DDS start torping in every direction except at the 4 ships that I spotted there.

Now 5 of the reds are heading to A.. JUST what I wanted but the other 3 Green DDS  WOULD NOT GO CAP B OR C 

Team BEGGING for spotting so I leave my post to go cap B and spot for the team...

While all this is going on the 2DDs have not hit ANYTHING.. They are just chasing each other all over the place as far from the cap as possible.

I end up dying with about 89k damage because every CL - CA - DD AND the CV knew only one DD was actually working and no one else was a Cap threat so they hunted me down. They had nothing else to do .. they got all three caps in the first 5 minutes.

WHY get the Best ships in the Game.. WHY BOTHER when you are just going to be useless, worthless and actually help the other team win??

They had the entire team on ignore and were just out like 8 year olds playing pew pew pew with daddies computer.

I think , especially a CLAN member should be banned from his / her clan if they are letting their children screw up the game like this IF that is what was going on.

Clans USED to mean something in Gaming.

because its their game to play, not yours don't like it ? don't play randoms anymore

simple

panama

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,857 posts
2,996 battles
19 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

9SLA2ix.gif

It's the truth I got guild invited from a clan that had a 42% win rate :Smile_hiding: if that is highest win rate in their guild I wonder what is the lowest win rate in their clan :Smile_unsure: I am not trying to shame anyone but that just example been in a clan doesn't mean you are good :fish_sleep:

Members
3,320 posts
595 battles
Just now, LastRemnant said:

It's the truth I got guild invited from a clan that had a 42% win rate :Smile_hiding: if that is highest win rate in their guild I wonder what is the lowest win rate in their clan :Smile_unsure: I am not trying to shame anyone but that just example been in a clan doesn't mean you are good :fish_sleep:

I was referring to the grammar..... for example... BEING.....

[CLUMP]
Members
2,857 posts
2,996 battles
Just now, neptunes_wrath said:

I was referring to the grammar..... for example... BEING.....

Oh that :fish_book: I guess I should be using being instead of been present and past tense :Smile_popcorn:

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
15,406 battles
3 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

T-10  random.. 

The two DDs 

we all wanted them to Cap B-C

Whole team BEGGING for spotting and capping.

I see an opening and go in to ping the cap so they will back off and get the attention of the Red CV.. 

the DDS start torping in every direction

DDS  WOULD NOT GO CAP B OR C 

Team BEGGING for spotting 

the 2DDs have not hit ANYTHING.. They are.... as far from the cap as possible.

I end up dying ... because every CL - CA - DD AND the CV knew only one DD was actually a Cap threat so they hunted me down. They had nothing else to do .. 

WHY BOTHER when you are just going to be useless, worthless and actually help the other team win??

They had the entire team on ignore

Look, its a thing. What you describe here is becoming normal. You found yourself isolated and hunted down, with everyone on the team BEGGING (in caps) for the DDs to do this and that.

Except, they weren't begging, were they? They were demanding. They were giving orders, telling the DDs how to play the game. Telling them to go into harm's way to "Spot" for them, so that they can fire their guns at targets and farm damage, earning XP and credits. For themselves.

I want to draw your attention to two sentence in this post. In the first, you claim that you saw an opening, and went to "ping a cap" (ping a cap? what is that?) so that the enemy would "back off", and also to get the attention of the CV. In the second, you say you died because all the enemy cruisers, the CV and the DDs knew where you were, and so they collectively hunted you down. You say "they had nothing else to do".

This raise the question, how did the mission to "ping the cap" work out for you? You died. You were targeted by focused fire, and you died.

Herein lies a small clue, with regard to the play style of the other DDs. They were sitting back and spamming torps that have very little chance of hitting anything. Yes, this happens. This happens more and more. It is very ineffective, and the DDs that do it contribute very little to the team. You are absolutely correct to note this phenomena. In fact, it is even present in Clan Battles, which is why we are very seldom seeing teams with more than 1 dd this season.

The truth is, DDs are very weak right now. They are weak for two reasons, offensive and defensive.

Firstly, offensively, torps have been nerfed into the ground, in multiple ways. Hydro is everywhere, at the high tiers. CVs also spot torps and act as group hydro. These two things allow folks to see torps incoming and avoid them most of the time, and very easily. The torps that do a lot of damage have massive detection. The torps that have low detection do little damage, and are generally slow. Flooding has been nerfed.

Secondly, defensively, DDs have no way to engage and disengage from a gunfight without entering radar range. Radar is now everywhere, at high tiers. It is very common now to have multiple radars on caps. Very high velocity guns, and ultra rapid firing guns, are both designed to hurt DDs. And they are everywhere now. When you add CV pressure to radar, you have a death trap for DDs, if the close to engage at high tiers. Smoke is effectively useless.

Put simply, every change in the game adds gimmicks that hurt DDs. Fast guns, fast projectiles, hydro, radar, fighters, .... it all adds up. It leaves the DDs with only long range torps, and these have been nerfed into oblivion.

I love DDs, in the mid tiers. I did like tier 8, before every match was putting me against tier X. Now tier 8 is largely a waste of my time.

I have the Shima and the Gearing, but I don't play them much. I don't like playing them. It isn't fun. I just get yelled at by sad cases who think they own me, on my own team, and spend the entire game trying to deal with the myriad ways the enemy have of deleting me.

DDs have become a spectator ship, a ship you play if you want to send long range torps at the enemy, and sit back, waiting to see if they hit. That is what they have become, and that is what you describe.

You are clearly frustrated with DDs. Your post is full of frustration at the way they are played, but also at your own fate, trying to play them in another way.

I hear you. That is why I don't think DDs at high tiers are viable.

WG design team are not going to win any prizes for excellence, is the thing. There are problems with the game mechanics that have never been address, and instead we see more and more features being added to the game.