Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
tholtzman

Team killing allowed in clan battles?

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[KSE]
Members
1 post
8,610 battles

Is it legal to kill your own clan members in a clan battle to prevent the opposing team from gaining match points from their destruction?  In a situation where they're very low health and will very likely be destroyed, it could be beneficial to do so. Presently, you lose 60 points for a teammate destroyed by the opposing team, and they gain 40 points for a net loss of 100 points.  In the case of team killing your own clan-mate, you only lose 60 points.  This seems ethically questionable at best. 

Does it not make sense for team kills in clan battles to be -100 points to discourage team killing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,437
[SOFOP]
Members
2,121 posts
12,740 battles

To my knowledge, they made a change a while ago that made it so that regardless of how someone dies, it is the same amount of points.  This was done specifically to counter the problem you mention because it was, on rare occasions, happening.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,512
[RLGN]
Members
13,299 posts
23,188 battles
14 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

To my knowledge, they made a change a while ago that made it so that regardless of how someone dies, it is the same amount of points.  This was done specifically to counter the problem you mention because it was, on rare occasions, happening.

So they did change that? I’d heard once it might be an issue, but nothing since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,437
[SOFOP]
Members
2,121 posts
12,740 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

So they did change that? I’d heard once it might be an issue, but nothing since.

I can't find anything about them actually implementing it, and there doesn't seem to be a great way to search through patch notes without clicking a billion times.  I figure since we don't hear about it anymore, that they probably implemented it.  Not sure I want to go pink to test it ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,699
[WOLF5]
Members
3,407 posts
3,587 battles
23 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I can't find anything about them actually implementing it, and there doesn't seem to be a great way to search through patch notes without clicking a billion times.  I figure since we don't hear about it anymore, that they probably implemented it.  Not sure I want to go pink to test it ;)

I also recall that being implemented. While it was never common, it wasn't unheard for someone to TK a nearly dead (and sure to go down) teammate to prevent the points. I think it was starting to become just common enough that WG fixed it. I know they definitely discussed fixing it, and I think it was implemented but not 100% on that. I haven't seen or heard of any cases of that in a long time though, so I assume yes. But like you I'm not going to try and find out:Smile_trollface:

 

Either way, OP, it was never "allowed." It was just an exception that players were willing to look the other way on, but you would still probably end up pink as the penalty still always applied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88
[TNG-3]
Members
144 posts
12,357 battles

There's no benefit, but at least you don't go pink if it happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×