You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PotatoMD

Question about Moskva and the Research Bureau

17 comments in this topic

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,225 posts
5,390 battles

So I just unlocked the Moskva, and with it, as it's my 5th T10, the Research Bureau.

My question is, assuming I don't get the T10 tech tree equivalent automatically when the Russian cruiser split happens, what happens to the Research Bureau? After that, I would no longer have 5 tech tree T10s, do I lose access to Research Bureau?

[Y0L0]
Members
284 posts
23,892 battles

That's a good question.  Regardless of the answer my advice would be to reset the Moskva line now, when next patch drops you will get the Moskva for free because you have already researched it and since you will have to regrind the Donskoi anyway (which is a third of the entire line grind) to get the Nevsky you might as well get some RB points for it.  And the points will be double since it'll be first you've done of the season.  And if you do the whole line again before patch drops and have enough XP for the Moskva DON'T research it again, save that XP for the Nevsky as the RB points will transfer to it.  

[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,178 battles
42 minutes ago, PotatoMD said:

So I just unlocked the Moskva, and with it, as it's my 5th T10, the Research Bureau.

My question is, assuming I don't get the T10 tech tree equivalent automatically when the Russian cruiser split happens, what happens to the Research Bureau? After that, I would no longer have 5 tech tree T10s, do I lose access to Research Bureau?

Its the total number of T10s, premium or non premium.

Also, it is an "unlock", once it unlocks you will forever have access to it

[Y0L0]
Members
284 posts
23,892 battles
43 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Dont reset it. I dont think youbwould get it for free because you dont have ir

it specifically says "The only requirement in order to obtain Special Ship Moskva is to have it researched at some moment in time, if you reset the Soviet Cruiser line just a day before Update 9.5, you will still get Moskva as a special ship."

[SGSS]
Members
6,222 posts
Just now, Beauregard23 said:

it specifically says "The only requirement in order to obtain Special Ship Moskva is to have it researched at some moment in time, if you reset the Soviet Cruiser line just a day before Update 9.5, you will still get Moskva as a special ship."

Its like talking to a lawyer about a law.  I could see it going ither way.  If you reset the line then its not researched.  But I can see it going your way as well.

Best bet will be to email WG.

[Y0L0]
Members
284 posts
23,892 battles
53 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Its the total number of T10s, premium or non premium.

Also, it is an "unlock", once it unlocks you will forever have access to it

actually it has to be 5 unlocked TECH TREE tier 10 ships

[SOFOP]
Members
2,489 posts
15,404 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

Its like talking to a lawyer about a law.  I could see it going ither way.  If you reset the line then its not researched.  But I can see it going your way as well.

There is no ambiguity at all (at this time anyways, they could change their minds).    As it reads, if you have researched the Moskva "at some point in time", you will get the Moskva as a Special ship.  Meaning, if you ever, in your accounts entire lifespan, successfully unlocked the Moskva, you will get it.

• Cool 1

[Y0L0]
Members
284 posts
23,892 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

how could it go a different way?  reset the line even just the day before and you still get Moskva, how is that in any way ambiguous?

[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,178 battles
16 minutes ago, Beauregard23 said:

actually it has to be 5 unlocked TECH TREE tier 10 ships

Incorrect, I had it unlocked with Zao, Stalingrad, Smolensk, Salem, Grozovoi

Only 2 tech tree ships but 5 total.

[APES]
Members
681 posts
8,389 battles
7 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

odd, I definitely did not get it unlocked until my 5th t10 line was done.

[Y0L0]
Members
284 posts
23,892 battles
35 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

don't know if it's a glitch or misstatement cause it says on wiki it has to be 5 tech tree

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,225 posts
5,390 battles
39 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

I only just got access to it. Before then, I had more than 5 T10s, 2 of them were premium (Yoshino, Smolensk)

[ARGSY]
Members
24,478 posts
18,475 battles
19 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

what happens to the Research Bureau?

As I understand it, the price of admission is five tech-tree T10s but once that door is opened to you it stays open. Otherwise you would cycle stupidly in and out of eligibility as you reset and reground ship lines. 

[DVYJC]
Members
4,252 posts
10,892 battles
17 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

That's weird, because the Wiki says five tech tree, and also I have Des Moines, Halland, Minotaur, Moskva, Puerto Rico, Smaland, Smolensk, and Thunderer, and with eight Tier X ships but only four tech tree Tier X ships, I don't have the Research Bureau unlocked.

Also curious if having gotten Tier X ships by grinding early access lines without re-doing the Tier I-IV ships on full release has anything to do with it.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
17 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

There is no ambiguity at all (at this time anyways, they could change their minds).    As it reads, if you have researched the Moskva "at some point in time", you will get the Moskva as a Special ship.  Meaning, if you ever, in your accounts entire lifespan, successfully unlocked the Moskva, you will get it.

It might remain unambiguous if they would stop answering the question about "researched" with examples or statements of "owned".

MrConwayR.jpg

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,733 posts
11,192 battles
19 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Dont reset it. I dont think youbwould get it for free because you dont have ir

If you unlocked the research bureau, it should stay unlocked, even if you reset all of your lines.

18 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

^^This.  

Below is a direct copy from WG staff:

• Players who currently have Moskva researched but not yet bought or have her sold will get Moskva.