Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Iron_Clad_5000

The elusive Colbert and how do I get one

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
172 posts
9,171 battles

I understand that the Tier X French cruiser Colbert is obtained with research tokens, and have heard that to get the tokens you are required to regrind a line of ships??? In truth I have no clue how to start this quest for the Colbert. Can someone point me to the starting line. Thanks all!

 

I will be up all night writing thankyous, or I can just say, " Thank you all for your help on this, good health and good hunting." :cap_like:

Edited by Iron_Clad_5000
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
220
[ALLY]
Members
400 posts
21,346 battles
2 minutes ago, Iron_Clad_5000 said:

I understand that the Tier X French cruiser Colbert is obtained with research tokens, and have heard that to get the tokens you are required to regrind a line of ships??? In truth I have no clue how to start this quest for the Colbert. Can someone point me to the starting line. Thanks all!

Iron Clad,

I am by no means an expert, but here it goes.  If you have a line already researched and purchased through Tier 10 (i.e. French Cruisers or Japanese Battleships), you can go to the tech tree and I believe it is at the bottom of the page, you can reset the line to Tier 1.  You then get the research points as you win a battle in the reset line (I believe the points start at Tier 5).  These points can then be used to get the Colbert and the Ohio currently.  They have specials where you can get double the number of points.  I believe the normal is 10,000 research points for the normal complete reset line, but if you get a special you can get 20,000 research points.  That means you would have to reset 3 lines if you get the special or 6 lines for the normal to get one of the ships or any combination in-between.  I am sure that someone will fill in if I have forgotten something (which I am sure that I have).  Hopefully that helps and good luck.

C130 signing out

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
301
[TAZ]
Members
918 posts

Go to the Tech tree, click on the diamond(research tokens) at the bottom of the line you wish to research.  The system should give yo between 10K  or 20K research tokens.  Go to the Research Bureau and see how many tokens the Colbert cost (i think 58K).  So you will have to re-grind 5 different lines or the same line 5 times.  You must also have at least 5 tier X ship to start.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
887
[WOLFB]
Members
3,185 posts
8,169 battles

Wow I was thinking about doing this but having to do 5 to 6 lines sounds like more time then I have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,529
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,575 posts
17,761 battles
1 hour ago, Iron_Clad_5000 said:

I understand that the Tier X French cruiser Colbert is obtained with research tokens, and have heard that to get the tokens you are required to regrind a line of ships??? In truth I have no clue how to start this quest for the Colbert. Can someone point me to the starting line. Thanks all!

How many tier 10 ships to you have? If it is not 5 or more you do not have the ability to reset lines to earn tokens yet. 

So finish at least 5 lines. Then you can reset as you desire to earn tokens for Colbert. 

Cheers.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,820
[FEM]
[FEM]
Members
9,225 posts
12,225 battles

If you don't have at least 5 T10 ships, you can't get her, at least not the way they're doing it right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[--O--]
Members
994 posts

Colbert is a very interesting ship to play. I can rack of insane dpm totals. It comes with having an aggressive play style, recognizing when to risk (and it is) and when to kite and maintain using the WSAD Hack and by maintaining i mean using all of them to get to safety while still fire breathing even if it is only to scare something. Fun ship a high risk high reward or High risk instadelete. CC-Youtubers are going to show great games in them you need to understand a bad game is 1 salvo in you as well.

How to get it reset a line 5 times or buy enough daboooonies to get enough fxp to do it.

Edited by Mustangrde1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
475 posts
3,994 battles
12 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Wow I was thinking about doing this but having to do 5 to 6 lines sounds like more time then I have. 

 

 

Not to mention you now have to grind a line 3 times to get the ship and its legendary upgrade. Its beyond stupid. They should scrap the RB, there literally to many currencies on this game. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,758
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

Not to mention you now have to grind a line 3 times to get the ship and its legendary upgrade. Its beyond stupid. They should scrap the RB, there literally to many currencies on this game. 

^ This. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
494
[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
595 posts
16,581 battles

I'm not resetting a line to have to regrind that line several times to get 1 ship.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
188
[ISLA]
Beta Testers
679 posts
13,129 battles
1 hour ago, Iron_Clad_5000 said:

I understand that the Tier X French cruiser Colbert is obtained with research tokens, and have heard that to get the tokens you are required to regrind a line of ships??? In truth I have no clue how to start this quest for the Colbert. Can someone point me to the starting line. Thanks all!

I have the ship and love her.

Every one get 10k points to start.  once you grind out a line to T10 you can reset it. 20k for the first time and 10k next. The session reset so you can 20k agian.wait for a new session to start your reset and get more your milage.  do that until you get the right amount of points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
475 posts
3,994 battles
4 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

I have the ship and love her.

Every one get 10k points to start.  once you grind out a line to T10 you can reset it. 20k for the first time and 10k next. The session reset so you can 20k agian.wait for a new session to start your reset and get more your milage.  do that until you get the right amount of points.

 

 

Still not worth it and I have tons of flags and can grind a line pretty fast if I wish. Wargaming has created a huge self defeating system. They want to see us premiums on top of premiums but we don't want to buy them because we're to busy grinding out lines we have already grinded to unlock more ships. 

 

The more time I spend having to go up lines, the less time I spend playing premium ships which translates to less money I spent on premium ships. If they think they're going to con me into buy doubloons to spend on free xp, or money or flags for that matter, they're only fooling themselves. 

 

I have 100+ ships in my port, all the rare ships ect, I ain't spending another dime if they continue to do things such as move upgrades to the RB. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
188
[ISLA]
Beta Testers
679 posts
13,129 battles
46 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

 

 

Still not worth it and I have tons of flags and can grind a line pretty fast if I wish. Wargaming has created a huge self defeating system. They want to see us premiums on top of premiums but we don't want to buy them because we're to busy grinding out lines we have already grinded to unlock more ships. 

 

The more time I spend having to go up lines, the less time I spend playing premium ships which translates to less money I spent on premium ships. If they think they're going to con me into buy doubloons to spend on free xp, or money or flags for that matter, they're only fooling themselves. 

 

I have 100+ ships in my port, all the rare ships ect, I ain't spending another dime if they continue to do things such as move upgrades to the RB. 

For me it was more out of bordom. I have unlocked every line. Probly go for the Ohio once the next season starts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,758
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 hour ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

Still not worth it and I have tons of flags and can grind a line pretty fast if I wish. Wargaming has created a huge self defeating system. They want to see us premiums on top of premiums but we don't want to buy them because we're to busy grinding out lines we have already grinded to unlock more ships. 

The more time I spend having to go up lines, the less time I spend playing premium ships which translates to less money I spent on premium ships. If they think they're going to con me into buy doubloons to spend on free xp, or money or flags for that matter, they're only fooling themselves. 

I have 100+ ships in my port, all the rare ships ect, I ain't spending another dime if they continue to do things such as move upgrades to the RB. 

There's literally nothing WG could do to make it worth de-researching and re-grinding a line of ships I've already unlocked.  

I play the ships I enjoy playing, grinding out a line is a necessary chore for unlocking the ships in that line -- I want the ships unlocked and the ones I like in my port, if I could just skip the grind and have all the tech tree ships unlocked with a finger snap, I'd do it without hesitation.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,529
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,575 posts
17,761 battles

I have reset and replayed 10 lines. It was a ton of fun. Ohio was my first goal and I love it. I have the Colbert but due to other in game events I have not spent much time with it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
172 posts
9,171 battles
3 hours ago, Hercules_C130 said:

Iron Clad,

I am by no means an expert, but here it goes.  If you have a line already researched and purchased through Tier 10 (i.e. French Cruisers or Japanese Battleships), you can go to the tech tree and I believe it is at the bottom of the page, you can reset the line to Tier 1.  You then get the research points as you win a battle in the reset line (I believe the points start at Tier 5).  These points can then be used to get the Colbert and the Ohio currently.  They have specials where you can get double the number of points.  I believe the normal is 10,000 research points for the normal complete reset line, but if you get a special you can get 20,000 research points.  That means you would have to reset 3 lines if you get the special or 6 lines for the normal to get one of the ships or any combination in-between.  I am sure that someone will fill in if I have forgotten something (which I am sure that I have).  Hopefully that helps and good luck.

C130 signing out

This sounds like an expert's response to me, Thank you so much! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
172 posts
9,171 battles
3 hours ago, Nutaz said:

Go to the Tech tree, click on the diamond(research tokens) at the bottom of the line you wish to research.  The system should give yo between 10K  or 20K research tokens.  Go to the Research Bureau and see how many tokens the Colbert cost (i think 58K).  So you will have to re-grind 5 different lines or the same line 5 times.  You must also have at least 5 tier X ship to start.

Thank you Nutaz, all good info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,682
[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

regrind the harugumo line its the cheapest xp wise and its only like 2.8m free xp? i cannot remember the numbers required for colbert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,396
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,010 battles
4 hours ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

The more time I spend having to go up lines, the less time I spend playing premium ships which translates to less money I spent on premium ships. If they think they're going to con me into buy doubloons to spend on free xp, or money or flags for that matter, they're only fooling themselves. 

 

Excellent observation.

I just use the research bureau points to buy signals since I seldom play T10 anymore, it has the worst gameplay in WOWs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×