You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

[G-B-U]
Members
88 posts
7,543 battles

This weekend was the first time I played on the PTS and I had a blast trying different things in the subs and also countering them.  But I have a few questions.  (I downladed the PTS a few weeks ago but did not play on it till now)

I was under the impression that I would have all the ships that I have on the main server, and then get the Tech Tree ships I am missing.  But I did not.  I only had T1, T6 and T8 tech tree ships (all of them, including what I am missing).  I saw Perths and Monahans and what not, and I really wanted to test the Perth as a ASW platform, as I like my Perth and Monahan.  Is something wrong or am I just stupid? (submit a ticket?)

I completed several of the Combat missions, 3 that would have a live server reward (a sub flag, a sub patch, and some camos) and then I completed the Personal Mission ( the three parter).  I know the rewards show up later, but the personal mission immediately rolled over into a new one with 3 new parts, still due 30-4-20.  It's the three parter Personal Missions that I need to complete so many of for the free T6 ship right?  Do I have to do them all by 30-4-20?  Is the PTS available all the time to do this, or only at certain times?

I got a literal crapton of soviet containers with soviet tokens and have now idea what I am supposed to do with them.  The survey asked me if I tested Soviet Cruisers, but I didn't SEE any soviet cruisers except the Budyonny.  Was I supposed to grind those out on the tech tree?  What are the tokens for?  Am I having another Stupid?

Anyway it was a blast and I look forward to it again.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,533 posts
18,537 battles
2 minutes ago, Feldo357 said:

Is something wrong or am I just stupid? (submit a ticket?)

I do not think anything is wrong. It just takes a while to copy everything over. 

If this is the first time you ever played it, it will probably take until the NEXT public test cycle for your port's content to copy over.

I've played just about every PTS cycle for a year, but the Georgia - which is in my live port before the PTS went live - was not in my PTS port this time around. However, the Moskva, which I got not that long ago, was. It must have been copied over from a time in between getting those two ships. 

The PTS is usually available in the first couple of weekends of a patch, from Thursday night to Sunday night. This patch is a special case, as they want as much submarine data as possible so it will also be live tonight. 

Because you completed the most recent 3-parter, it gave you the previous one to complete also. I would concentrate on getting that done, because I don't know for sure if they let you carry it over into the public test for the next patch.

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
541 posts
25,203 battles

Glad you have started participating on the PTS, @Feldo357.  If more people participated, then WG would perhaps 'get it right' before the new release comes out.  You might want to direct your questions over on the PTS section of the forum, but I'll try to answer as best I can.

People who played a couple of releases ago got there ships copied over to PTS, including premium ships.  Perhaps WG will do that again for another release later on.

You really don't need to grind much to go up the tech tree on PTS.   The upgrades are 1 credit, and the next ship up the tree can easily be FXP'd.

@Ensign_Cthulhu replied while I was typing, and he was spot on ref why you got another 3-parter.

GLHF and hope to see you in battle over on the PTS.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

I'm pretty sure I read "somewhere" that your personal ship information is loaded only if you have played on the PTS within "some timeframe".  Don't recall details.

As mentioned by Ensign Cthulhu, you will probably have it for the next round of the PTS.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
6 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

I'm pretty sure I read "somewhere" that your personal ship information is loaded only if you have played on the PTS within "some timeframe".  Don't recall details.

As mentioned by Ensign Cthulhu, you will probably have it for the next round of the PTS.

Here's the info I mentioned above ... so, I don't know if it will again take 3 Public Test sessions for your info to be copied.

aaa.jpg.511fd958bedf892e96e63fe032ae1953.jpg

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-093/

[TF-64]
Members
565 posts
20,603 battles

It updates every few cycles. I have most but am missing a few of my recent acquisitions. I think it is every 3 cycles it updates. So 2 more from now if they keep up the current setup. But I admit I am unsure if that is a hard rule or just an arbitrary one we noticed from last few updates. 

[O_O]
Members
7,042 posts
17,437 battles

@Feldo357

The Spring Season is made up of three patches, 0.9.3, 0.9.4, and 0.9.5, and for each patch the PTS will be open for two weekends.  To get the premium Tier 6 ship container, you need to complete the personal mission for each patch.  The personal mission you completed was for this PT, 0.9.4.  Since you probably have not completed the personal mission for 0.9.3, it presented that to you upon completion of the current personal mission.  There will be another weekend for the 0.9.4 patch, as this was the first weekend for this patch.

Remember, this is Public Test.  All features may not be available, such as what to spend your Russian tokens on.

Members
3,354 posts
18,395 battles

I played a couple of battles but found the wait time to get into battle as much as 5+ minutes due to all the people wanting to try out the subs. I'd like to help test it but I just don't have the patients. Typically I'll see the wait screen showing 0 CVs, 0-1 BBs, 2-3 cruisers, 3-4 DDs, and 400-500 submarines.  

The one thing I'd like to mention though ....is the one thing associated with submarines, the periscope view does not exist here. That's a huge disapointment