Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tigerspook

Kremlin, first impressions

6 comments in this topic

Members
162 posts
4,270 battles

I have about 20 games in the Kremlin now. Captain is 17 points with a typical build.  I got the Kremlin right after the latest nerf.  I can say, they have surely made a significant change.  The Kremlin's guns are shite now. You can't dependably hit anything at any range.  I just now missed a stationary, broadside Smolensks at 6km. No hyperbole.  Both front turrets, aimed for the waterline. Got one overpen.  But it's the same regardless of range. Completely undependable. I am also not noticing any remarkable penetration when the guns do hit.

I lose money on almost every game; Average damage is about 60k.  I find the Richelieu is more effective in tier 10 battles than the Kremlin. The Kremlin burns the whole game, can't run, can't hit.

I feel cheated; I spent 30m credits on this ship. I at least want something that works.

Game 2 - broadside Thunderer, 11km, 2 front-turret salvos for a total of 20k damage, maybe. The 2nd salvo bracketed the Thunderer, scoring a single overpen.  In total, I hit him 15 times for 22k damage.

Game 3 - broadside Yamato at 9km - 2 ricochets.  Richelieu would have scored 4 citadels.

Edited by Tigerspook
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
13,747 posts
23,962 battles
1 hour ago, Tigerspook said:

I have about 20 games in the Kremlin now. Captain is 17 points with a typical build.  I got the Kremlin right after the latest nerf.  I can say, they have surely made a significant change.  The Kremlin's guns are shite now. You can't dependably hit anything at any range.  I just now missed a stationary, broadside Smolensks at 6km. No hyperbole.  Both front turrets, aimed for the waterline. Got one overpen.  But it's the same regardless of range. Completely undependable. I am also not noticing any remarkable penetration when the guns do hit.

I lose money on almost every game; Average damage is about 60k.  I find the Richelieu is more effective in tier 10 battles than the Kremlin. The Kremlin burns the whole game, can't run, can't hit.

I feel cheated; I spent 30m credits on this ship. I at least want something that works.

Game 2 - broadside Thunderer, 11km, 2 front-turret salvos for a total of 20k damage, maybe. The 2nd salvo bracketed the Thunderer, scoring a single overpen.  In total, I hit him 15 times for 22k damage.

Game 3 - broadside Yamato at 9km - 2 ricochets.  Richelieu would have score 4 citadels.

If you think that's bad, wait until you shoot at a broadside, dead stopped bot, 10k-ish, and watch all your shell broacket the ship for zero, that's ZERO, hits or damage.

Makes a person want to believe the RNG tin-foil hatters... :fish_glass:

Members
162 posts
4,270 battles

I'm struggling. Kremlin now has a 43% win rate. Average damage is 61k.  Kill ratio is less than one.  The ship is literally less effective than an uptiered Richelieu.  The guns' dispersion is BAD at all ranges, the shells overpen CAs, they shatter on BBs.  Citadels are few and far between.

I regret spending the 30m credits this ship cost.

Can anyone throw me a lifeline? Advice? Have the nerfs finally reduced Kremlin to an unremarkable barely adequate boat?

Members
596 posts
5,440 battles

I struggle to be consistent with Kremlin.  Stats page shows I am server average or just a shade better in Kremlin, but I feel like every time I take it out I struggle to do well in it.  I keep hearing how OP the ship is, but it doesn't feel it to me.  Tier for tier, I do better in Soyuz in all aspects save win rate.  I have no idea why Kremlin doesn't seem to click for me, but I always feel after every game that I should have performed better in it.  I only have 22 games in it though so far, so it may just be that I need some more time to figure it out.

[N-W-T]
Members
35 posts
3,370 battles

Thats because they have nerfed the Kremlin til its no longer a competitive ship. The people who keep saying its OP are the ones that like the new watered down version that they can wreck. IMHO the Thunderer, Conqueror and Yamato are the OP BBs. The Kremlin has been dissected so badly it hardly damage anything. I got my Kremlin after the first nerf, it sucked especially when I experienced what kind of damage it did to me. But it was ok I got used to the first nerf. But this last one is HORRIBLE. Overpen everything, Ricochet everything, Dispersion ridiculous - how do you miss 6-8km away, Citadels are now nearly nonexistent. But you complain, everyone cry's its OP, Its OP. The developers rather focus on everything else and not listen (ex. They think HE spamming is ok and Fire damage against BBs are ok). They have literally destroyed the Kremlin and no one cares.

Edited by Smthkd

Members
829 posts
4,668 battles

Done 15 battles in it. 60% WR, 90k average damage. Broke my personal damage record (with a 5 kill, 241k damage game, that could easily have turned into 7 if not 8 kills if luck & time was more on my side). I've also been burned off the face of the map and been able to do nothing but helplessly lob incredibly inaccurate long range shots that all miss because I got stuck on a flank with no cover and my team-mates abandoning me.

If you play to it's strengths and get into place to use them, it is obscenely powerful. It dominates the short to mid range battle zone and it's only real counter is being flanked or torp'd or being heavily outnumbered. Which are things other BB's also have to deal with. But smashing up ships in short ranges is something I can do just as well in my Georgia, or even the Bismarck given the right situation. It isn't the only ship to be good at short range.

If you get caught out in the wrong spot, then it's useless even with it's high tankiness. Accurate long range sniper BB's will set you on fire or pen you. Japanese or Russian cruisers will burn you and be too fast and too far for you to hit back as they either kite away and you chase forlornly. The usual HE spammers will find an island to sit behind and set on you fire. It also generates a similar panic response as a Smolensk or close range DD does, but without the means to avoid fire, run away or pop smoke. It still doesn't offer much resistance to a concerted Carrier attack. It still has trouble dealing with Destroyers & incoming Torpedoes, especially those new super fast Euro torps.

It's not a miracle ship that can make a potato into a super unicum. It's a Battleship with a very minor gimmick for damage control. There's no game changing hydro or radar or reload booster or special secondaries or SAP or 40 knot speed or a zombie heal. It's just a simple, basic Battleship. The player still has to make it work.

That's my first impressions.

Sign in to follow this