Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hans_Mo1eman

Is there benefit in clan wars for new player?

10 comments in this topic

[-WAF-]
Members
36 posts
823 battles

Hi all, 

I'm new to this game in the last month (had account before I never played but got back into it during the quarantine and I'm having a good time, will probably stick with it). 

What I wanted to ask:

Assuming you are not an experienced player and would need to use the rental ships available, are the rewards and experience in clan wars worth it? Would any reasonable clan take a player with less than 400 battles? I did well with clan wars in WOT but wished I had started it sooner because the payout was usually really good and could have helped jump start my account if I had done it early on (but at that point I was already well established and didn't much need anything but the reward tanks).

I am new but I am trying to get better and have read up on the mechanics on wiki page and watched a lot of the ichase academy and LWM guides. My WR I think is 51%, I've only played up to T6 (tech tree, I have T7 premium to help get credits) I could be up to T8 since I have premium account and lots of signals/camo but I am trying to go slow and have many lines going at the same time to take time to learn the game and different ships. I could rush one line to T8 and then get the rentals if CW is worth it.

Any thoughts? Feedback? Suggestions?

Edited by Hans_Mo1eman

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,058 posts
4,304 battles
1 minute ago, Hans_Mo1eman said:

Hi all, 

I'm new to this game in the last month (had account before I never played but got back into it during the quarantine and I'm having a good time, will probably stick with it). 

What I wanted to ask:

Assuming you are not an experienced player and would need to use the rental ships available, are the rewards and experience in clan wars worth it? Would any reasonable clan take a player with less than 400 battles? I did well with clan wars in WOT but wished I had started it sooner because the payout was usually really good and could have helped jump start my account if I had done it early on (but at that point I was already well established and didn't much need anything but the reward tanks).

Any thoughts? Feedback? Suggestions?

I am new but I am trying to get better and have read up on the mechanics on wiki page and watched a lot of the ichase academy and LWM guides. My WR I think is 51%, I've only played up to T6 but have many lines going at the same time to take time to learn the game. I could rush one line to T8 and then get the rentals if CW is worth it.

The XP isnt worth anything imo, but the rewards are pretty good. Steel can be used to buy some pretty useful ships if you have the dedication to keep at the grind. Plus, the 7v7 with great communication is a nice change from the randomness of random battles. 

It's probably safe to assume most clans arent going to want rentals or someone with just 400 games, but there is certainly some more casual clans out there. Looks like you have some decent baseline stats and know what you are doing, so it wouldnt hurt to shop around for a clan.

However, instead of focusing on just getting rentals and playing, I would start working towards a meta tier 10 choice. Rushing to tier 8 and jumping to tier 10 battles is going to get you smacked around no matter how many guides you watch. My recommendation would be to get one line to tier 10 before entering the CB scene. Rentals are simply far (far) from ideal. 

As for choice, probably want a cruiser if you are looking to help the team. There is usually only 1 BB (or now CVs), and a few DDs at best

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
3,406 posts
3,575 battles

You're not going to get into a clan with a serious clan wars presence with only 400 games and no T10s. If you have to use rentals, you not going to be up to remotely the same level as even relatively casual clans. If you want to be an asset to your team, get up to T10 and get comfortable in a ship. Just because you have a Yamato doesn't mean you should be driving it. Heck, half the players who have T10s in Randoms shouldn't be driving them.

Now, if you want to join a clan that's not focused on clan battles, but may occasionally play them, that's different. There are some decent rewards for even just playing. My clan, WOLF5, is a clan for solo players (the whole WOLF clan alliance is) who want the base bonuses. But usually once a CB season or so those of us online div up and play a battle or two just to get the rewards (steel, flags, etc). To get serious steel you actually need to play a lot, but the initial rewards are fun. But the main benefit of joining a clan is the base bonuses, which give you more XP, credits, steel, coal, and reduce research and repair costs. Of course you can also join clans to div up and have fun, learn how to play, or play competitively. So there are a lot of reasons to join a clan besides CBs. And there are plenty of clans who will take you if you're not focused on competitive. Heck, you can always join a clan, learn the game, get some more ships, and then move to a more competitive clan if you want.

Short answer is no, CBs are not worth rushing to T8 and getting a rental T10 that you don't know how to play. And the clans that would go deep enough to earn decent steel wouldn't let you do that anyway. My advice is take your time, maybe join a more casual clan, work up at your own pace, and when you're comfortable at T10 then consider going into CBs.

[-WAF-]
Members
36 posts
823 battles
31 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

You're not going to get into a clan with a serious clan wars presence with only 400 games and no T10s. If you have to use rentals, you not going to be up to remotely the same level as even relatively casual clans. If you want to be an asset to your team, get up to T10 and get comfortable in a ship. Just because you have a Yamato doesn't mean you should be driving it. Heck, half the players who have T10s in Randoms shouldn't be driving them.

Now, if you want to join a clan that's not focused on clan battles, but may occasionally play them, that's different. There are some decent rewards for even just playing. My clan, WOLF5, is a clan for solo players (the whole WOLF clan alliance is) who want the base bonuses. But usually once a CB season or so those of us online div up and play a battle or two just to get the rewards (steel, flags, etc). To get serious steel you actually need to play a lot, but the initial rewards are fun. But the main benefit of joining a clan is the base bonuses, which give you more XP, credits, steel, coal, and reduce research and repair costs. Of course you can also join clans to div up and have fun, learn how to play, or play competitively. So there are a lot of reasons to join a clan besides CBs. And there are plenty of clans who will take you if you're not focused on competitive. Heck, you can always join a clan, learn the game, get some more ships, and then move to a more competitive clan if you want.

Short answer is no, CBs are not worth rushing to T8 and getting a rental T10 that you don't know how to play. And the clans that would go deep enough to earn decent steel wouldn't let you do that anyway. My advice is take your time, maybe join a more casual clan, work up at your own pace, and when you're comfortable at T10 then consider going into CBs.

Okay thanks, I mean I don't expect to get into a good clan and get a bunch of steel, I just meant the "participation rewards". In WOT they were pretty good just for taking part in a minimum amount of battles. But it sounds like the base bonuses are a thing here and I don't need to rush to try and get in on that during an event.

Thanks for the help!

[-WAF-]
Members
36 posts
823 battles
2 hours ago, _BBaby said:

The XP isnt worth anything imo, but the rewards are pretty good. Steel can be used to buy some pretty useful ships if you have the dedication to keep at the grind. Plus, the 7v7 with great communication is a nice change from the randomness of random battles. 

It's probably safe to assume most clans arent going to want rentals or someone with just 400 games, but there is certainly some more casual clans out there. Looks like you have some decent baseline stats and know what you are doing, so it wouldnt hurt to shop around for a clan.

However, instead of focusing on just getting rentals and playing, I would start working towards a meta tier 10 choice. Rushing to tier 8 and jumping to tier 10 battles is going to get you smacked around no matter how many guides you watch. My recommendation would be to get one line to tier 10 before entering the CB scene. Rentals are simply far (far) from ideal. 

As for choice, probably want a cruiser if you are looking to help the team. There is usually only 1 BB (or now CVs), and a few DDs at best

Okay thanks!

Sounds like a couple people are saying this about getting more experience in game first. 

[SALVO]
Members
24,191 posts
24,546 battles
57 minutes ago, Hans_Mo1eman said:

Okay thanks!

Sounds like a couple people are saying this about getting more experience in game first. 

I agree with this.  That said, once you get a tier 8 and qualify for a rental tier 10, it might be worth joining a casual clan that does a little bit of CBs.  Why?  I wouldn't expect to earn a lot of steel.  But playing a little bit of CBs can be a learning experience, even if you get plastered a few times.  You learn what CBs is like and what you need to work on to play at that level.  But I wouldn't spend any real money just to buy a tier 8 premium ship just to rush to qualify for a rental ship.  It's not worth the money if that's your only reason for buying a premium boat.

[-WAF-]
Members
36 posts
823 battles
8 hours ago, Crucis said:

I agree with this.  That said, once you get a tier 8 and qualify for a rental tier 10, it might be worth joining a casual clan that does a little bit of CBs.  Why?  I wouldn't expect to earn a lot of steel.  But playing a little bit of CBs can be a learning experience, even if you get plastered a few times.  You learn what CBs is like and what you need to work on to play at that level.  But I wouldn't spend any real money just to buy a tier 8 premium ship just to rush to qualify for a rental ship.  It's not worth the money if that's your only reason for buying a premium boat.

Right, I think I could get a T8 tech tree ship in a few days of grinding (I have premium account and lots of camo and signals available). I would just mean focusing on one line intensely instead of doing like I am now and working about 10 different lines at the same time. I can get the learning experience later but I didn't want to miss out if there was decent rewards for low level clans in the CB event. I'm also not sure how often CB happens so maybe it's not a big deal if I miss this one if there will be another in a couple of months from now?

[SEAKT]
[SEAKT]
Members
25 posts
5,328 battles
On 4/20/2020 at 8:30 AM, Hans_Mo1eman said:

I'm also not sure how often CB happens so maybe it's not a big deal if I miss this one if there will be another in a couple of months from now?

Clan Battles are a staple of this game.  You have not seen the last one pass you by.

Good luck!

[-WAF-]
Members
36 posts
823 battles
On 4/29/2020 at 5:46 AM, OnePrarieOutpost said:

Clan Battles are a staple of this game.  You have not seen the last one pass you by.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. I've decided to sit this one out and just work on my skills at t5 before trying the clan games.

• Cool 1

[TF_38]
Members
69 posts
3,546 battles

I'm doing Clan battles for the first time.  I'm learning a lot, and having a lot of fun at the same time. Its a great way to get to know people, and the better players in our clan are more than happy to give advice and div with you outside of CB once they get to know you.

As for rentals, a couple opposing teams have made comments about half our team using rentals. So what. Those guys are likely in it to win it, our goal is to have fun, learn some things, and get better as a group. Last night we went 5-2, not bad for a "rental" team.

Jump right in, the water is fine.

Sign in to follow this