Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

FYI everyone the live release of subs is likely an advanced test bed in itself..

12 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,271 battles

The title may seem obvious to many though others are screaming like they are going to drop into randoms in their current state to wreak havoc right off the bat.

Separate mode, single tier. It is still not known what mode capacity they will reach (likely randoms eventually though how long?).

Again do recall this is a damn sight better than what was done with the CV rework which used live PvP play as the formula.

Edited by Sumseaman

Beta Testers
106 posts
14,117 battles

Now when the new Sub battle mode drops on the live server and only the sub fans play, Wargaming will drop them in randoms like they did CVs. So I hope Wargaming makes worth while for player to play a few games daily in it as something other than a sub or dd. I will probably do a few games a day once it drops in random ship classes and tiers. I will hope most do so they can get a full spreadsheet of data.

[TAZ]
Members
942 posts

You can play any of the 5 ship types on the PT server; should be not different when it finally goes live.

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,271 battles
7 minutes ago, crazycarey said:

Now when the new Sub battle mode drops on the live server and only the sub fans play, Wargaming will drop them in randoms like they did CVs. So I hope Wargaming makes worth while for player to play a few games daily in it as something other than a sub or dd. I will probably do a few games a day once it drops in random ship classes and tiers. I will hope most do so they can get a full spreadsheet of data.

Yes agreed. Many players will stack in subs there is little doubt. It wouldn't be a bad idea to even get the faintest of ideas of how to play in a sub match in different classes. Again there is too much money for subs in PvP for WG to likely ignore after all this development...

I wonder what the first premium sub will be? :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Sumseaman

[PVE]
Members
8,996 posts
25,340 battles
1 minute ago, Sumseaman said:

Yes agreed. Many players will stack in subs there is little doubt. It wouldn't be a bad idea to even get the faintest of ideas of how to play in a sub match in different classes. Again there is too much money for subs in PvP for WG to likely ignore after all this development...

After years of everybody thinking the ARP collaboration was ended (because WG even announced it was ended...due to not being able to make subs work in the past) they just recently made the existing ARP ships premiums & in the article the way it was worded was, "(paraphrased...forget exact wording) Our collaboration w/ARP continues..." as if it never ended...

& I don't see it ending until the premium ARP subs are released (which has been their goal since the ARP colab began).

Unfortunately I don't see them being ground out for free for just some missions (not even extensive missions) like the other ARP ships though so that may be the answer to your wondering...but I don't have any insider info...just an assumption.

Of course even if premium ARP subs are 1st I'm sure there will be a historical 1 also 1st beside it in the premium shop...in which case I have no clue which 1 it may be.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,354 battles
12 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

You can play any of the 5 ship types on the PT server; should be not different when it finally goes live.

Even on the PTS server the subs have their own mode. You can pick any ship type, but it's still a separate mode. And WG confirmed that it will stay that way on the live server, and in fact they haven't even said subs will hit Randoms on the live server.

18 minutes ago, crazycarey said:

Difference is WG never tried a separate mode on the live server. People still had to go through the trouble of downloading a new client to test subs. Put a new mode on the live server and people will pick it, especially when they spot the subs in their port. I'm sure you've encountered people in Ranked with zero idea what it was, but were just trying the new button they found. The live test will get a lot of people, especially if WG drops subs in everyone's ports. And have you seen the sub numbers in the queue on the PTS? People are interested. Participation won't be 100%, but if WG does a decent job with rewards and advertising there will be plenty of people playing a sub mode. Believe it or not, I think WG did learn something from the CV rework.

• Cool 1

[UNHLY]
Members
5,347 posts
14,868 battles
11 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Russian obviously. Either an Oscar or Akula class with the completely real definitely not fantasy or paper Shkval refitted with a nuclear warhead (and 50km range obviously). Probably an Akula since I’m sure Stalin had sekrit blueprints for an Akula fleet 40 years before they were announced to the world. 

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,271 battles
8 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Even on the PTS server the subs have their own mode. You can pick any ship type, but it's still a separate mode. And WG confirmed that it will stay that way on the live server, and in fact they haven't even said subs will hit Randoms on the live server.

Difference is WG never tried a separate mode on the live server. People still had to go through the trouble of downloading a new client to test subs. Put a new mode on the live server and people will pick it, especially when they spot the subs in their port. I'm sure you've encountered people in Ranked with zero idea what it was, but were just trying the new button they found. The live test will get a lot of people, especially if WG drops subs in everyone's ports. And have you seen the sub numbers in the queue on the PTS? People are interested. Participation won't be 100%, but if WG does a decent job with rewards and advertising there will be plenty of people playing a sub mode. Believe it or not, I think WG did learn something from the CV rework.

Nail on the head.

Even after what I stated about subs not necessarily reaching randoms at any foreseeable time I think they inevitably will.

If we think about it the sub trial began back in Halloween 2018 was it? The live mode will be just another increment in testing for live PvP play. WG wouldn't have gone through such a development process otherwise. 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,354 battles
14 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Nail on the head.

Even after what I stated about subs not necessarily reaching randoms at any foreseeable time I think they inevitably will.

If we think about it the sub trial began back in Halloween 2018 was it? The live mode will be just another increment in testing for live PvP play. WG wouldn't have gone through such a development process otherwise. 

Randoms is obviously the ultimate goal. However, it is interesting that WG hasn't even officially confirmed they're coming to randoms, they seem to be happy taking their time (which is good). Listening to the stream the other day it seemed like they'd be fine with subs staying in their own mode for the forseeable future. So while I think we will see them in Randoms eventually, I think it's going to be quite a while.

Members
1,024 posts
2 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

The title may seem obvious to many though others are screaming like they are going to drop into randoms in their current state to wreak havoc right off the bat.

Separate mode, single tier. It is still not known what mode capacity they will reach (likely randoms eventually though how long?).

Again do recall this is a damn sight better than what was done with the CV rework which used live PvP play as the formula.

I'm wondering if its to establish the basic classes needed for a campaign level map/arena..    Hoping in the end, they yank these strategic misfits from Random and put Random back to the wonderful way it was.   Very positive it wont happen.

Edited by Farm_Fresh_Eggs
  • Funny 1

Members
565 posts
18,408 battles

I hope the plan would be to put the subs on the live server as a different game mode just like on PTS. They can have separate campaigns and incentives for people to play those modes as both surface ships and subs.  "hit subs with 20 depth charges; reward 10 detonation flags".

Adding subs this way would ease a lot of the angst over balance.  

Sign in to follow this