Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

Will different nations/ships have different ASW stats?

11 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,271 battles

As per title is this being considered?

I know as opposed to AA its just a consumable at this stage though if they are truly to be implemented into random pvp play just wondering if certain nations/ships would be stronger weaker in regards to ASW.

[G-B-U]
Members
88 posts
8,160 battles

They are different, I've found at least 3 different setups, they don't vary by much, and most of the variance is number of charges in a drop and number of drops and some small difference in the damage per charge.

Overall pretty much the same right now.

[PISD]
Members
2,011 posts
6,647 battles

In theory yes they should. In practice IJN dd would probably be the worst at it, nerfing even more the torp line so they may make them quite equal.

• Cool 1

[TAZ]
Members
943 posts

Look in the tech tree for CLs at tier VIII and X that  carry HYDRO; those MAY be the ASW capable cruisers. Not certain just a guess.

Edited by Nutaz
spelling

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,271 battles
28 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

In theory yes they should. In practice IJN dd would probably be the worst at it, nerfing even more the torp line so they may make them quite equal.

Yes by default the stealthier DDs would be the better sub hunters therefore perhaps less DC damage/AOE.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,699 posts
12,228 battles

I am thinking that the French line of DDs could become really powerful ASW ships simply due to their speed and ability to quickly run down a sub.

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,271 battles
7 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

I am thinking that the French line of DDs could become really powerful ASW ships simply due to their speed and ability to quickly run down a sub.

Yes a strong ASW DD line is needed to calm the rage. Similar to the PAN_EU AA...

Something a sub driver would go 'uh oh' when seeing the MM lineup...similar to when a CV sees a Fries or Kidd.

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,699 posts
12,228 battles
1 hour ago, Sumseaman said:

Yes a strong ASW DD line is needed to calm the rage. Similar to the PAN_EU AA...

Something a sub driver would go 'uh oh' when seeing the MM lineup...similar to when a CV sees a Fries or Kidd.

I am also wondering if the Asashio will get ASW armament or will she still be mainly limited to hunting BBs and CVs?

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,271 battles
Just now, DJC_499 said:

I am also wondering if the Asashio will get ASW armament or will she still be mainly limited to hunting BBs and CVs?

That's an interesting point. I'm sure it will. Haven't had a chance to try PTS so I wonder what subs are going to bring to the table in regards to long range torp spotting. Thankfully aircraft are gimped in this regard though subs of course have two axis of avoidance when it comes to torpedo beats. Lower torp detection perhaps?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,265 posts
27,038 battles

German & RN DDs also have the added perk of having Hydro on them.  The High Tier German Hydro in particular is going to be nice because of their range.

Premium Lo Yang also has very good Hydro on her.

Sign in to follow this