You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Average_Joe

Strategy for Russian cruiser split?

7 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
583 posts
26,355 battles

The American cruiser split was easy - just grind up to the T9 ship (was it the old Buffalo?) and you were able to maximize your rewards after the split occurred.  The Russian cruiser split, however, is not so straight forward.  Add to that the people that bought the permacamo for Moskva that feel they are getting screwed (I'd be mad too) and the discussions here are not as informative as we had with the American cruisers.

So, for the guys like me that don't have Moskva yet (I've ground up through Shchors) what should we do?  I understand that if Moskva is researched the you will get it once it becomes a Special Ship, but is there any advantage to buying it?  It seems there is not, but I may be missing something.

So, for us slow old slow guys in the cheap seats, could someone cut through the bull and lay out the best strategy to maximize your gains after the split occurs.  I'm sure you would get at least one  :Smile_honoring: for your trouble.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
10 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

The American cruiser split was easy - just grind up to the T9 ship (was it the old Buffalo?) and you were able to maximize your rewards after the split occurred.  The Russian cruiser split, however, is not so straight forward.  Add to that the people that bought the permacamo for Moskva that feel they are getting screwed (I'd be mad too) and the discussions here are not as informative as we had with the American cruisers.

So, for the guys like me that don't have Moskva yet (I've ground up through Shchors) what should we do?  I understand that if Moskva is researched the you will get it once it becomes a Special Ship, but is there any advantage to buying it?  It seems there is not, but I may be missing something.

So, for us slow old slow guys in the cheap seats, could someone cut through the bull and lay out the best strategy to maximize your gains after the split occurs.  I'm sure you would get at least one  :Smile_honoring: for your trouble.

There's really only 2 things to know

1. If you have researched the Moskva, you'll get the Special Version with PermaCamo for Free ... stats will be merged with Tech Tree version
  2. If you have researched the Kirov, you'll get the Premium Version with PermaCamo for Free ... stats will be reset

There's nothing else to acquire before the split, other than beginning to earn additional XP on Svetlana, Shchors and Donskoi to get replacement ships and/or continue the existing/new lines.

rcs.jpg

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,147 posts
9,762 battles

If I was at Shchors and wanted Moskva I would save up coal for it. That's a lot of grind to get it for free versus getting it for free a different way.

I was already at Donskoi so I bought Moskva a while back, played one game in it, and set it aside because I didn't feel like retraining a commander for it right before it becomes a coal ship.

I bought Shchors again and am playing it a bit to get a head start on the XP for the T8 CA. I enjoy the Shchors so if I end up unlocking the new T8 in some kind of early access I won't be upset in the slightest about gathering another 120Kish XP on it.

• Cool 1

[TURTS]
[TURTS]
Members
178 posts
18,015 battles

The best guide for profit and progress is to research and purchase the Donskoi. As well as having researched the Moskva, but not purchased it. You WILL get the Moskva as a reward ship with the perma camo, regardless of if you have it purchased or not. 

ALSO have around 250k xp on the Donskoi to be able to research the Nevsky when it is released. 

As a final reminder have the Kirov purchased. They will be giving a premium replacement of it with a perma camo as well. 

As for researching the new heavy cruisers, you should grind xp on the T7 to be able to research the new heavy cruiser line if you don’t plan on getting enough tokens by playing the game normally.

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
583 posts
26,355 battles

Thank you gentlemen.  Looks like I need to do some extra grinding in Shchors after I get Donskoi, plus research Moskva, and purchase Kirov back.  Got it!  Thanks for your help.

Edited by Joe_918145
typo

[PVE]
Members
9,038 posts
25,427 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

1. If you have researched the Kirov, you'll get the Premium Version with PermaCamo for Free

1 hour ago, Thunder_GP said:

As a final reminder have the Kirov purchased.

Which is it? I recall them saying the requirements for Kirov were the same for Moskva & Moskva just needed to be researched not purchased...have you seen a change in this Thunder_GP or just a mistype.