Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

Hitting the wall

8 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
804 posts
25,640 battles

having played this game for 4+years and now I finally hit the wall. 200+ships more than half premium. Had a goal of having all cl and BB lines done. I have logged into the game sat looking at Directives, campaigns, ETC. Looking at the general scope of the game, and the heavy bias against some nations that actually had a real navy not the patchwork/borrowed Navy that one country fielded that was so weak they had to bring ships from the 50's  and even then op them to make them compete. So after a week of just looking at the game and the direction it is going, I cannot see any reason to continue. There is nothing to gain, I had six T9 trying to make it to T10 to get all the bb and cl lines (the only goal I had left for reason to keep playing) , but then what is a T10 ship,  the purpose I guess was clan battles, you lose money if you take them out, no fun IMO. Everything is turned into PVP, 

Bottom line the game has run its course with me, This is not a complaint,  the game is going where it is, but I will not make the journey,  But it was not all in vain I have met some good people in my clan and had some fun.

I guess when they cannot be believed when they make statements, the honor of their words mean nothing, but then what can expect from  the MPVs running the "ANIMAL FARM".

To you that continue good luck and have fun. Time for a break.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

MPV? Most precious victor? Mountain Patrol Vehicle? Many Poster Voters? Manly Potato Victuals?

Edited by RipNuN2

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
26,945 battles
1 hour ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

having played this game for 4+years and now I finally hit the wall. 200+ships more than half premium. Had a goal of having all cl and BB lines done. I have logged into the game sat looking at Directives, campaigns, ETC. Looking at the general scope of the game, and the heavy bias against some nations that actually had a real navy not the patchwork/borrowed Navy that one country fielded that was so weak they had to bring ships from the 50's  and even then op them to make them compete. So after a week of just looking at the game and the direction it is going, I cannot see any reason to continue. There is nothing to gain, I had six T9 trying to make it to T10 to get all the bb and cl lines (the only goal I had left for reason to keep playing) , but then what is a T10 ship,  the purpose I guess was clan battles, you lose money if you take them out, no fun IMO. Everything is turned into PVP, 

Bottom line the game has run its course with me, This is not a complaint,  the game is going where it is, but I will not make the journey,  But it was not all in vain I have met some good people in my clan and had some fun.

I guess when they cannot be believed when they make statements, the honor of their words mean nothing, but then what can expect from  the MPVs running the "ANIMAL FARM".

To you that continue good luck and have fun. Time for a break.

Have fun on your break . I have about 345 ships all Premiums and I too started to slow down playing this game.  Way too many Potato's with lop-sided wins and loss's . It sure isn't the same game when I first started playing WOWS that's for sure...……………….Where have all the players gone ? ? ? time don't stand still...………..

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
26,945 battles
43 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

The time comes for us all to find a different pass time. Good luck and take care

Strange that you said that..... I found a little gem of a game from steam called Ultimate Admiral Age of Sail . It's only against the computer AI but a hell of a fun game to play...……………...    

Members
34 posts
3,967 battles

I completely get where you’re coming from. Though WOWS is actually my getaway from WOT where I’ve been playing for 6+ years. Even with the fixes to the game it might just be me getting fatigued with it. Though I can still have fun on it but the issues are glaring imo if you’ve been around for awhile. Though I took a long break from late 2017-late 2019 and I’ve found that WOT is a lot more fun after playing other games for awhile. Old lines are getting buffed finally and gold shells and arty are getting nerfed. Even the playerbase on NA has skyrocketed since November or so from 12,000 to 32,000. Maybe you’ll have a similar experience. Best of luck to you chief. 

[SOCOM]
Members
804 posts
25,640 battles
On 4/18/2020 at 8:26 AM, RipNuN2 said:

MPV? Most precious victor? Mountain Patrol Vehicle? Many Poster Voters? Manly Potato Victuals?

Ok Rip it stands for Money Pit Vipers. A money pit is something that you put money into over and over like a house you try to renovate and no matter how much you put into it the dang thing still keeps costing more and more never gaining but always costing. The Vipers are the ones who only care about the bottom line, In gaming keeping the player base happy and wanting is the key, the last two years it looks like a fire sail (sorry bad pun). But I have saved a lot in the last 2 years, even told my children no more WOW gift cards lol. So my friend now you got some Idea of what my MPV means. You have a good day and a even better tomorrow.

Sign in to follow this