You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Midshipman_Hornblower

Consumables Change in 9.4, so...

10 comments in this topic

[TORCH]
Members
784 posts
20,280 battles

If I understand correctly, when patch 9.4 hits, in...less than a month...premium consumables will become free, and the current "standard" consumables will vanish.

I have always run the standard consumables by default, saving my premium consumables for clan battles, ranked, etc.  But this morning, I had this sudden revelation.  If premium consumables will become standard in a few weeks, it seems there's no reason I shouldn't start running premium all the time.  I don't have to worry about running out, because I'll be receiving an unlimited supply in just a few weeks.

Anyone see anything wrong with my thinking, here?

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
5 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

If I understand correctly, when patch 9.4 hits, in...less than a month...premium consumables will become free, and the current "standard" consumables will vanish.

I have always run the standard consumables by default, saving my premium consumables for clan battles, ranked, etc.  But this morning, I had this sudden revelation.  If premium consumables will become standard in a few weeks, it seems there's no reason I shouldn't start running premium all the time.  I don't have to worry about running out, because I'll be receiving an unlimited supply in just a few weeks.

You can use them, or if I remember correctly, you can get credits for those in stock ... might want to read the release notes to verify.  But, I'd just use them.

edit: I had to go reread it myself. can't stand not to know details. lol ... you get credits for existing consumables and for any unopened consumable containers.

eh.jpg

Edited by DocWalker
added info

Members
1,731 posts
11,839 battles

All those premium consumables will be taken away and you will be compensated in credits.  You could always use premium consumables, even without having any in stockpile. It would cost you more credits if you dont have any in inventory, but having premium consumables often means the difference in living and dying, or how quickly that happens.  By living longer, and overall having a better match, it will pay for itself.  Obviously some consumables are more important than others, so sticking with the few key ones is good enough.(like heals, DCP, and radar)

[DOG]
Members
1,321 posts
13,938 battles
25 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

Yeah, basically you might as well use them, unless you are in need of credits.  If so, then wait and get paid for them.

Also, and this may fall under the overactive imagination/tin foil hat category, I've noticed the credits I earn in battle the past week seem to be slightly less than normal.  Probably my imagination, combined with the fact that I've done a lot of grinding (Swedish DDs), and actually let my credits drop below 5 million a few times.  So I've been deliberately playing some of my ships that are reliable credit printers just to get my balance back up.  And I'm actually paying attention now, and I normally wouldn't notice when I have 30-60 million sitting in my account.  I wouldn't be surprised if WG nerfed some credit earning potential in conjunction with basically reducing the cost of playing by 45,000-90,000 credits per game (over 100k if you're running something like a Worcester).  If so, I think we'll still come out ahead, based on my (very) rough estimate of how many fewer credits I've been getting. 

Edited by zubalkabir

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts

might change your captain builds if you only ever used standard consumables as well...  SI may not be as important..

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
764 posts
9,795 battles

That will be a nice sized credit windfall for me.:Smile_coin:  I've built up a good amount of premium consumables that I never use since I don't play BBs (normally) or DDs (any more).

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,698 battles
24 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

All those premium consumables will be taken away and you will be compensated in credits.  You could always use premium consumables, even without having any in stockpile. It would cost you more credits if you dont have any in inventory, but having premium consumables often means the difference in living and dying, or how quickly that happens.  By living longer, and overall having a better match, it will pay for itself.  Obviously some consumables are more important than others, so sticking with the few key ones is good enough.(like heals, DCP, and radar)

A caution though. Having the premium consumables gives you the potential to live longer and make more credits, but it's up to the individual whether or not that actually happens.

For example, I can usually get enough extra damage by having an extra heal, to offset 22k credits, but running 3 consumables, I'm not good enough to parlay that into earning an extra 66k.

Edited by Skpstr

[TORCH]
Members
784 posts
20,280 battles

Ok, folks, you've pretty much confirmed what I was thinking.  I have no need at all for credits (have over 400 million), so it's time to start using up those premium consumables.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,065 posts
2,429 battles
2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

You can use them, or if I remember correctly, you can get credits for those in stock ... might want to read the release notes to verify.  But, I'd just use them.

edit: I had to go reread it myself. can't stand not to know details. lol ... you get credits for existing consumables and for any unopened consumable containers.

eh.jpg

How much are we talking about here though if you have a stack lets say 50 will you get 160k for entire stock or 160k for each :Smile_hiding:  Using the example I just made 50x160k is 8 million silver :Smile_ohmy: Doubt wargaming would be so generous unless you pay money for these :Smile_popcorn: 

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
1 hour ago, LastRemnant said:

How much are we talking about here though if you have a stack lets say 50 will you get 160k for entire stock or 160k for each :Smile_hiding:  Using the example I just made 50x160k is 8 million silver :Smile_ohmy: Doubt wargaming would be so generous unless you pay money for these :Smile_popcorn: 

All Premium Consumables (I believe) are 22,500 each ... so an inventory of 50 would be worth 1,125,000 Silver. edit: this was an assumption on my part ... not a good thing ... if you sell any Premium Consumables in inventory you'll only receive 11,250 (50%).  The Developer Bulletin is not specific on the amount in this case.

Any "More Consumables" Containers you have collected but not opened are worth 160,000 Silver.  According to the Wiki, each of those containers holds 6 Premium Consumables ... 6 x 22,500 = 135,000, so it looks like leaving them unopened will give a small bonus.

If you have 50 Unopened More Consumables Containers, yes, they should be worth 50 * 160,000 = 8,000,000

CC.jpg

edit: I asked for clarification of the value that would be given for Premium Consumables in inventory

Edited by DocWalker
new info
  • Cool 1