You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CC123

RIP AGIR

19 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
7 minutes ago, CC123 said:

Ty WG, but I already have an ALASKA.

I didnt realize alaska had torps.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
18 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I didnt realize alaska had torps.

Not enough of a difference maker to make this ship fun and unique compared to the ones that already exist.

At least in a secondary configuration, it had something all of its own going for it.  Now it's just another rinse and repeat of the "mid/long range" supercruisers.

Edited by Ace_04

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,337 posts
14,259 battles
21 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Not enough of a difference maker to make this ship fun and unique compared to the ones that already exist.

At least in a secondary configuration, it had something all of its own going for it.  Now it's just another rinse and repeat of the "mid/long range" supercruisers.

I agree, I mean assuming it is 1 mil free xp like the other t9 super cruisers it is highly likely I will get it. And it’s also highly likely she will just sit in port except for snow flake events. The secondary build had a lot of excitement and provided something different for any cruiser.  

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
4 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I agree, I mean assuming it is 1 mil free xp like the other t9 super cruisers it is highly likely I will get it. And it’s also highly likely she will just sit in port except for snow flake events. The secondary build had a lot of excitement and provided something different for any cruiser.  

Bingo.

I can't see a reason to play the proposed WiP Agir over Kronshtadt or Alaska.  It brings nothing new to the table.

Nor does it even get its proper armor scheme:

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,337 posts
14,259 battles

The torps would have been more viable in a secondary build also. Where getting in close was a little more encouraged. In this configuration torps are highly situational at best for use so I’d also agree it isn’t enough to differentiate it. 

[PISD]
Members
2,011 posts
6,644 battles

« The concept of Ägir initially implied close-range combat with the help of torpedo armament and secondary guns which were uncharacteristically strong for the class. However, her constructive features - bad aiming angles of the aft turret and her armour - didn't allow to fulfil the ship's potential in this role. New settings will make Ägir a mid- and long-range ship, and she will still be effective in close-range combat against single targets. »

so basically, wows judged thar secondary was not viable due to the nerfed armor scheme.  

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,215 posts
26,997 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Bingo.

I can't see a reason to play the proposed WiP Agir over Kronshtadt or Alaska.  It brings nothing new to the table.

Nor does it even get its proper armor scheme:

There's a bunch of wrong armor schemes, thickness in the game.  LOTS.

The fact we have "uniform armor thickness" for a given ship type and tier throws it all out the window, because that's not how it historically worked.

Agir as she stands right now, is completely useless even for PVE.  I already have Kronshtadt, Alaska, Yoshino, Azuma.  Agir does nothing.

The long range, fast firing 128mm secondaries with very high pen + torpedoes would have been fantastic but even that's gone now.  But whatever.  I guess I get to save resources.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There's a bunch of wrong armor schemes, thickness in the game.  LOTS.

The fact we have "uniform armor thickness" for a given ship type and tier throws it all out the window, because that's not how it historically worked.

Agir as she stands right now, is completely useless even for PVE.  I already have Kronshtadt, Alaska, Yoshino, Azuma.  Agir does nothing.

The long range, fast firing 128mm secondaries with very high pen + torpedoes would have been fantastic but even that's gone now.  But whatever.  I guess I get to save resources.

Agreed on all counts, @HazeGrayUnderway.  There is nothing it brings to the table now that other ships don't already cover.

WG is dropping the ball on this one if it goes through like this.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
8,312 posts
6,947 battles

It seems that the "No-Fun Kommisar" at the WeeGee headquarter has a lot of sway, when it comes to development and balansing of German botes. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 4

[BS]
Members
2,001 posts
11,727 battles
7 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

« The concept of Ägir initially implied close-range combat with the help of torpedo armament and secondary guns which were uncharacteristically strong for the class. However, her constructive features - bad aiming angles of the aft turret and her armour - didn't allow to fulfil the ship's potential in this role. New settings will make Ägir a mid- and long-range ship, and she will still be effective in close-range combat against single targets. »

so basically, wows judged thar secondary was not viable due to the nerfed armor scheme.  

So why didn't they just give the rear turret a better angle? I think they're planning on releasing a line of German cruisers with good secondaries... They saw how people drooled over Agir, trust me... They'll come out with something to plug that hole, line or not.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
11 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

So why didn't they just give the rear turret a better angle? I think they're planning on releasing a line of German cruisers with good secondaries... They saw how people drooled over Agir, trust me... They'll come out with something to plug that hole, line or not.

Yeah, if anything, it'll be a split line for American battleships.  There is at least some real historical content there.

A secondary-focused line of German cruisers would be almost completely fictional.

[BS]
Members
2,001 posts
11,727 battles
5 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

A secondary-focused line of German cruisers would be almost completely fictional.

You just kursk'ed us!

• Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

First Siggy, now Agir... they're determined to not release a viable German "supercruiser". 

I'd rather be uptiered in Scharnhorst or Gneisenau than play any of the proposed ships for that slot. 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
20 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I'd rather be uptiered in Scharnhorst or Gneisenau than play any of the proposed ships for that slot. 

Unfortunately, I 100% agree with you on this.

Thing is, it's not like it's some kind of impossible to balance a secondary-focused German supercruiser.  To me, this smells of either one of two things:

• WG doesn't care enough to put in the effort to make it viable and unique, or
  • WG doesn't want Agir upstaging and taking away attention from their upcoming line releases of Soviet cruisers

Either way, it stinks.  I hope WG thinks long and hard about releasing it in its current proposed (and boring) state.  Players clearly want it as originally imagined, so why not give them what they want?  Instead, we're having a paper Soviet cruiser branch split (that almost nobody asked for) pushed onto us instead.

[WOLF6]
Members
959 posts

The fact that we know what is happening with the Agir at this time is why I'm dead set against the changes for the CC's being implemented . Seems they want to keep us in the dark until a ship is released , guess they're hoping to snag some impulse buyers and customer satisfaction be damd .

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
43 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

The fact that we know what is happening with the Agir at this time is why I'm dead set against the changes for the CC's being implemented . Seems they want to keep us in the dark until a ship is released , guess they're hoping to snag some impulse buyers and customer satisfaction be damd .

Of course they want to keep players in the dark. 

If there's plenty of lead time for warnings about crap ships to disperse into the playerbase, it damages WG's ability milk the gotta-haves with overpriced half-baked garbage.

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1