You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Agir - Zzzzz Now?

21 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles

Capture.thumb.JPG.db4b7beb2aff16bc2199f174591caf91.JPG

So you've made Agir less unique and more boring now?

Don't Alaska and Stalingrad already fulfill the role of "mid and long range ship"? 

Can't we think outside of the box for once to keep things interesting?  What would make me choose it over any other super-cruiser currently in game now?

Edited by Ace_04
  • Cool 13
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,203 posts
26,997 battles
41 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Don't Alaska and Stalingrad already fulfill the role of "mid and long range ship"? 

Can't we think outside of the box for once to keep things interesting?  What would make me choose it over any other super-cruiser currently in game now?

Mid and long range?  You may as well play Alaska, Yoshino, Azuma.

Compare that gunnery to Alaska.  Mind you, Alaska still has good accuracy for a Super Cruiser, as well as special USN CA-style AP bounce angles.  She's pretty tough to boot:  There's lots of posts around here attesting to how annoying it is to Citadel an Alaska in those ranges.

They gutted those Agir Secondaries back to back now.  Wow.  Even with Secondary Spec those things will be like North Carolina, going out to around 7.2km (NC has base 5km secondaries range, not impressive).

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,474 posts
34 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

That's the WG policy ...make all German ships as boring as possible so you can buy stronk Russian crusiers and battleships Comrad!!!

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,703 battles
10 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Mid and long range?  You may as well play Alaska, Yoshino, Azuma.

Unless your 19-point cruiser captain happens to be German......

• Cool 1

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles

Everyone is getting a super cruiser. Not really surprising since there isn't much difference in gameplay between Alaska/PR, Azuma/Yoshino, Kron/Staliniumgrad. I'm just waiting for them to announce the T10 copy/paste version for Germany too.

Edited by ksix

[BS]
Members
2,001 posts
11,723 battles

I think they realized that Agir was profitable in it's original form, they're going to do a KM cruiser split(starting at Nurnberg) with secondary focused "heavy cruisers" or something.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,203 posts
26,997 battles
18 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Unless your 19-point cruiser captain happens to be German......

None of the unique German captains make Agir any special.  Not even Lutjens, especially after the Secondaries got gutted in range.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
8,309 posts
6,947 battles

Komrades... you must understand... the "No-Fun Kommissar" at the headquarter specifically instructed the devs to change Agir's stats, in order to... make her work as intended. She will be fun and engaging, for the Russian botes to shoot at, komrades. (/s) :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 6

Members
8 posts
3,124 battles

Pathetic WG. I've spent $,$$$s and was gonna buy that in a heartbeat for a differing experience, instead we get some of the old, stale, tired same old shite.  Or maybe I should thank you guys for saving me some money, guess I'll go out and hoard more TP.

Edited by coldslaw
  • Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
674 posts

This has to be a troll by WG.  First Sig and now this?  

Edited by Rustyhole
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,703 battles
55 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

None of the unique German captains make Agir any special.  Not even Lutjens, especially after the Secondaries got gutted in range.

No, but I would prefer Agir to Yoshino or Alaska, simply because I can use it to generate EXP for less credits than Hindy.

I don't have any 19 point cruiser captains other than KM. Next one will be Russian.

Although, that does raise the question, how sub-optimal are BB captains in supercruisers?

[USN]
Members
1,750 posts
22,014 battles
1 hour ago, ksix said:

Not really surprising since there isn't much difference in gameplay between Alaska/PR, Azuma/Yoshino, Kron/Staliniumgrad

yeah, because playing one of the US large cruisers in open water works better than the Japanese or Soviets

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,995 battles

I don't know what is worse: the fact they stripped the Agir of the only interesting thing about her, or that they heavily nerfed the California.

I'd love to see what parameters they are using for these changes, as they certainly aren't community or logically driven. 

Edited by SovereignEagle
  • Cool 1

Members
811 posts

Folks lets be honest, its a change for the better, but they need to make the AP/HE really worth the change to main gun focus.   While the secondaries were meme lord level and flamu had some good games with it, even he would tell you it was only fun for memes.    It is sad to see it become just like other large cruisers, I think if they had left the secondaries alone and simply made the main battery serviceable it would have been a fun ship that would have been unique.   Honestly they need to go back to the german bb's and give them GZ secondary dispersion to really make them the secondary gun line.

I really wished that the Agir was like a T9 sharn, sharn is tough with good guns and enough secondary performance to still count for something.  

• Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
12 hours ago, coldslaw said:

Pathetic WG. I've spent $,$$$s and was gonna buy that in a heartbeat for a differing experience, instead we get some of the old, stale, tired same old shite.  Or maybe I should thank you guys for saving me some money, guess I'll go out and hoard more TP.

Exactly this. 

Would have gladly welcomed something unique in terms of gameplay.  But instead, we get a worse copy and paste version of something that already exists several times over. 

Thanks, but no thanks, WG.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,474 posts
19 hours ago, Rustyhole said:

This has to be a troll by WG.  First Sig and now this?  

Lol they trashed both . :Smile_facepalm: It's a conspiracy.  All German ships MUST be boring and can't hit the side if the barn at 5km.  Oh wait they fixed that ...now it's side of a freight train ...lol.

Edited by Versili

Members
1,008 posts
6,589 battles

Why don't WG keep both? Agir is already a weak ship. Let her have strong (7.5km range and accurate) secondaries for those desperate situations, and also accurate (2.05 sigma) main guns that can project damage at range: a versatile ship.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Yeah, that secundarie Agir was bad but at least was a meme ship., at least was unique. Now seems to be just just a "meh" ship. 

Of course its still WiP and things can change, but they are not looking good so far. 

[BOTO]
Members
1,475 posts
19,048 battles
22 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,203 posts
26,997 battles
20 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Although, that does raise the question, how sub-optimal are BB captains in supercruisers?

Depends.

Alaska and a lot of the current crop of Super Cruisers will happily take typical CA and Main Battery - Survival - Stealth BB Builds.  Kronshtadt, AK, Puerto Rico, Yoshino, Azuma, etc.  All of those.

But since we're talking Agir here, we're talking German BBs Captains, yes?  If your German BB captain is Main Battery - Survival - Stealth Build, it will now happily go with Agir, because Agir no longer has Secondaries worthy of spec'ing into.

But I also know a bunch of guys have Secondary Spec German BBs, so those kind of captains will be useless on Agir because her Secondaries won't maximize those Secondary Spec skills anymore, not after the range got gutted to North Carolina levels.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway