You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LupusMalum

Easy fix to balance subs for inclusion in the game.

56 comments in this topic

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
438 posts
19,846 battles

While underwater subs should not be able to send or receive any map information. Also, who wants to bet that the top 50 % of the post when subs are introduced fully. Will be BBs whiney and quitting the game in protest.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 5

Members
1,058 posts
7,482 battles

Oh I am sure Subs will be doomed for a nerf the moment a BB is killed for the first time on live servers. Then they will prob just make them weak against BBs and strong against DDs (like they did CVs)

Edited by Varknyn12
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 4

[SGSS]
Members
6,314 posts
15 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

While underwater subs should not be able to send or receive any map information. Also, who wants to bet that the top 50 % of the post when subs are introduced fully. Will be BBs whiney and quitting the game in protest.

Can we just wait till they get here first.

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
438 posts
19,846 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

Can we just wait till they get here first.

why wait to fix what most rational people would say is unbalanced already?

• Cool 2

[TDRB]
Members
5,397 posts
13,743 battles
13 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

I see we have whiners about whiners.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[SGSS]
Members
6,314 posts
7 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

why wait to fix what most rational people would say is unbalanced already?

Before the CV rework came out the hate mobs had formed up and the nasty words and attatuds were in full swing.

There is no reason to do this again. Lets relaxe and wait till everything is ready.

• Boring 1

Members
1,185 posts
26 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Seen most ww2 subs had a top speed of 6 knots submerged and 14 knots surfaced it will be a slow game. 

This game was never realistic.  Subs will be no exception.  Arcade fun > realism

Members
1,185 posts
16 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I see we have whiners about whiners.

Quit whining about the whiners about whiners.  Let them whine.  That's what the forums are for.  It's more effective than the report menu.

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
1,520 posts
12,125 battles

well yes who is going to be dumb enough to play battleship in random battles if its infested with subs and cv.

Edited by ITZ_ACE_BABY

[O7]
Members
1,520 posts
12,125 battles
Just now, jags_domain said:

Before the CV rework came out the hate mobs had formed up and the nasty words and attatuds were in full swing.

There is no reason to do this again. Lets relaxe and wait till everything is ready.

you are very correct the anti cv rework members were completely wrong before the rework began! cv rework was a raging success cv gameplay is very well balanced, nobody is allowed opinions until its too late, you know what lets just remove testing!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,398 posts
10,713 battles
1 minute ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

well yes who is going to be dumb enough to play battleship in random battles if its infested with subs and cv.

Where is my "Tommy Lee Jones looking over his newspaper" gif lol?

[SGSS]
Members
6,314 posts
1 minute ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

you are very correct the anti cv rework members were completely wrong before the rework began! cv rework was a raging success cv gameplay is very well balanced, nobody is allowed opinions until its too late, you know what lets just remove testing!

Testing is what people are doing. Clearly you have already decided that the sky is falling again. 

If you hate everything just stop playing. 

Asking for people to relax is such a hard concept then you need to relax and go play somthing else for a bit.

Members
1,108 posts
3,232 battles
13 minutes ago, n00bot said:

This game was never realistic.  Subs will be no exception.  Arcade fun > realism

Most of the ships in this game stick to their historical speeds tho. Even if the distance measuring is bizarre. 

Members
1,185 posts
13 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Most of the ships in this game stick to their historical speeds tho. Even if the distance measuring is bizarre. 

You mean the screen readout "says" 35 kts and so that's historically accurate?  Relative to shell speeds and reload times and island sizes and ship sizes and ... I could go on but the only realistic thing about the speeds (and accelerations) is the fake number they put on your screen.

I'm not complaining at all.  It wouldn't be fun to be realistic.  Subs are the same.  Just enjoy the game but please do not think it has anything to do with history or reality.

Edited by n00bot

[O7]
Members
1,520 posts
12,125 battles
Just now, jags_domain said:

Testing is what people are doing. Clearly you have already decided that the sky is falling again. 

Asking for people to relax is such a hard concept then you need to relax and go play somthing else for a bit.

asking people to blindly look away without any opinon while another poorly balanced ship gets added to the game.

whats the point of testing without opinions, literally the entire point of using the player test servers for the players opinions?

maybe you need to take a deeper look and try understand basic game mechanics to see how unbalanced these are try show some concern that subs are going to change the game in the wrong way.

[RLGN]
Members
16,860 posts
29,556 battles
8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I did carrier testing a year ago last December. I hated the rework then, and I still hate it now.

Being able to use the new mechanics and having ‘fun,’ are two separate things.

Carriers are not ‘fun,’ and I don’t mean as a destroyer driver.

8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Nah; too busy with other things I’m doing in WoWs.

The mechanics are different, so it seems; but the Halloween mode killed subs for me.

Hooray; I got decent at using them; but fun? Not so much.

Not much in a mood to give WG the benefit of doubt on this. I expect them to screw it up, because that is the historical precedent.

[SGSS]
Members
6,314 posts
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I did carrier testing a year ago last December. I hated the rework then, and I still hate it now.

Being able to use the new mechanics and having ‘fun,’ are two separate things.

Carriers are not ‘fun,’ and I don’t mean as a destroyer driver.

Nah; too busy with other things I’m doing in WoWs.

The mechanics are different, so it seems; but the Halloween mode killed subs for me.

Hooray; I got decent at using them; but fun? Not so much.

Not much in a mood to give WG the benefit of doubt on this. I expect them to screw it up, because that is the historical precedent.

The subs were fun for about 5 missions then they gpr boring for me.

Personaly I think subs should stay in there own aim games but there coming ither way.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,860 posts
29,556 battles
6 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Personaly I think subs should stay in there own aim games but there coming ither way.

Pretty much yes.

Think I’m finally reaching the end of my endurance with carriers though, so I don’t think I’ve much energy left for subs... :fish_sleep:

Maybe if they’d give me my Bogue/Guadalcanal/Chaser back with sub-hunting Avengers... :cap_haloween:

[SGSS]
Members
6,314 posts
17 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Pretty much yes.

Think I’m finally reaching the end of my endurance with carriers though, so I don’t think I’ve much energy left for subs... :fish_sleep:

Maybe if they’d give me my Bogue/Guadalcanal/Chaser back with sub-hunting Avengers... :cap_haloween:

That would be great. I really like my CV for many reasons.  At this point I dont worry about damage or XP I play to explore new ideas.

I would love to try a anti sub CV. It would be very interesting. Bring on my death charge Advengers!

Members
1,185 posts
30 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

We need a separate game for subs vs CVs.  Let the rest of us play surface artillery.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts
1 hour ago, LupusMalum said:

subs can spot only things within around 6-6.5km when underwater.. what difference would it make? and they already cannot receive map updates on surface ships unless at persicope depth or greater

go try them and see for your self

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts
50 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

a sub going over 6knots submerged in game can be detected... i think that's around 1/4 speed, might be half that...

[B2P]
Members
13,459 posts
40,319 battles
1 hour ago, LupusMalum said:

Yes, lots of people will. Just like the ReBork drove away 00s of good players, including several of my regular div mates. Do you think you can screw over Random play, the heart of the game, and have no effect on the playerbase?

We don't come here to be target drones. But that's exactly what we are going to be to good CV and good sub players. 

The way to fix subs is to keep them in sub-oriented operations. Otherwise lots of target drones will leave, stop spending, etc. 

Remember, it's not just that they will make all surface ships into target drones. It's that they will also reduce the chance of Confederate, Hi Caliber, Solo Warrior, etc, just like CVs already do, as well as reducing the options for tactics like spreading out for crossfires, going dark, kiting a flank, etc. You know, all the fun stuff that people come to do.

It's blindingly obvious that the devs are like a rich man who has been given a garden, which carefully cultivated could have yielded bountiful harvests for years, but instead he decided to strip mine the topsoil and sell it off for instant profit. Sad.

• Boring 1