You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Multiboxing

19 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts

Just heard something that got me thinking. Do you think many, or any, divisions are the same person playing different accounts on the same system?

[SYN]
Members
15,996 posts
12,803 battles

No, but back when CVs weren't popular, it was really easy to sync drop a CV division with a dual box (aka afk bot) CV for super easy wins

• Cool 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts
15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Just heard something that got me thinking. Do you think many, or any, divisions are the same person playing different accounts on the same system?

bannable if you get caught...

recently a guy got caught on a cc's stream in wot...

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
11,148 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Wouldn't that require three separate machines?

I'm not tech savvy, but curious.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts
58 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Wouldn't that require three separate machines?

I'm not tech savvy, but curious.

depends... there are apps out there, like sandboxie that might work.  I've used that one with steam before...

[-N-]
Members
2,268 posts
15,517 battles

You get someone who know what they are doing there are things like VMWARE they could be using.

[PUMA]
Members
1,238 posts
11,260 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Why would one even try that?

Playing 2 ships at the same time is obviously not as efficient as if the 2nd ship was a real player with full attention.

You weaken the team and increase the teams and your chances of a loss.

What am I missing plz ?

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm sure it is possible. It would take some serious skill to be good at it tho.

I've done it with Toontown Online, but you have more time to decide what you want to do, so it was not hard.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts
2 hours ago, GrimmeReaper said:

You get someone who know what they are doing there are things like VMWARE they could be using.

Yes. Virtual sandboxes like those used to isolate and test malware can easily be used to isolate games into separate virtual machines. Of course once this is done the problem that someone would have is in controlling three ships. If you notice Jingles' video, the player mainly just controlled the CV, the DDs were just there to generate smoke.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
13,459 posts
40,194 battles
18 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Yes. Virtual sandboxes like those used to isolate and test malware can easily be used to isolate games into separate virtual machines. Of course once this is done the problem that someone would have is in controlling three ships. If you notice Jingles' video, the player mainly just controlled the CV, the DDs were just there to generate smoke.

I saw this and reported it several years ago -- a Lex showed up in a match divved with two Tirps. The Tirps were on a script and stayed on either side of the Lex to form a triangle at all times. But that's the only instance I'm aware of.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts

in WoT the guy was using it to complete his missions... he would sync drop and if he got on opposite teams he would spot his teammates for his arty on the other team...

and he always gets a win...

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts
11 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I saw this and reported it several years ago -- a Lex showed up in a match divved with two Tirps. The Tirps were on a script and stayed on either side of the Lex to form a triangle at all times. But that's the only instance I'm aware of.

Did you watch Jingles' video? Even he declared it to be fishy. Of course, the DDs could have been separated players who just agreed to do nothing but follow the orders of the CV player but it looked like the same person had made all three accounts. Other than for a tier I starter ship with a couple of games, one DD account only had 34 games and the other 36 games. 

Members
13,459 posts
40,194 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Did you watch Jingles' video? Even he declared it to be fishy. Of course, the DDs could have been separated players who just agreed to do nothing but follow the orders of the CV player but it looked like the same person had made all three accounts. Other than for a tier I starter ship with a couple of games, one DD account only had 34 games and the other 36 games. 

Yup, that's fishy....

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

in WoT the guy was using it to complete his missions... he would sync drop and if he got on opposite teams he would spot his teammates for his arty on the other team...

and he always gets a win...

Hope he was permabanned for doing that. I've seen something similar in an RTS game I played where a clan would host a game and then put a couple of shills on the opposite team. The shills were on stolen accounts and would do things like wall in the non-clan team so they couldn't gather resources. The cheating of that clan, one of the largest in the game, resulted in hundreds of accounts being mass banned by the game's admins. Every account that was clan tagged and every account that a clan member had ever played on was banned.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts
30 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Hope he was permabanned for doing that. I've seen something similar in an RTS game I played where a clan would host a game and then put a couple of shills on the opposite team. The shills were on stolen accounts and would do things like wall in the non-clan team so they couldn't gather resources. The cheating of that clan, one of the largest in the game, resulted in hundreds of accounts being mass banned by the game's admins. Every account that was clan tagged and every account that a clan member had ever played on was banned.

i heard that he was kicked out of whatever clan he was a member of and received a ban, but i can't confirm any of that.  WG doesn't release that info...  

Members
810 posts

In WoT i remember multi game clienting during clanwars, people wanted the campaign tanks but couldnt show up cause of work. I was running and playing 3 separate accounts at the same time, I was running a scout, a TD, and an Arty in the same game.  Park the scout in a bush, switch to the TD pre aim where the LT is spotting, switch to arty wait for a light blap the target and track it, switch back to TD while the arty reloads and blap them with the TD.   We won a lot of games and I got a bunch of people their reward tanks.

For like the first 10 campaigns I got someone a reward tank be it myself or others.  Its not something id suggest doing in randoms. I got sick of clanwars drama though and stopped playing tanks.  

Edited by JToney3449

[-N-]
Members
2,268 posts
15,517 battles
On 4/17/2020 at 7:37 PM, Taichunger said:

Saw a T10 game under the old RTS system with the same person controlling a Yammy and a Hak.