Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Heiligenmoschel

Conversion of XP

6 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,354 battles

You don’t.

Buy doubloons in the store.

The silver stars are elite commander XP. This is earned only by 19 point commanders.

[DRIUS]
Members
62 posts
2,036 battles
41 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

You don’t.

Buy doubloons in the store.

The silver stars are elite commander XP. This is earned only by 19 point commanders.

I found something that mentioned Ship XP. Is that silver as well?

If the only option is to spend money, I'll just wait it out until some more dubloons are given freely and then I can change him. I picked things before I realized what I was doing. Go figure. LOL

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,354 battles
21 minutes ago, Heiligenmoschel said:

I found something that mentioned Ship XP. Is that silver as well?

If the only option is to spend money, I'll just wait it out until some more dubloons are given freely and then I can change him. I picked things before I realized what I was doing. Go figure. LOL

Nope, that's different. Ship XP is what you earn from ships and use to upgrade. On ships will all modules researched, you earn elite XP which can be converted to Free XP for doubloons.

The commander XP (silver stars) is the free option. I believe you can also use FXP. If you don't have enough of those, then you can pay with doubloons. 

Doubloons used to be the only option, but now you can do it without paying. You just have to have a lot of CXP or FXP laying around. Though the doubloon cost isn't bad at all, I think it's 500 for a 19 pointer, and goes down from there. $2.50 to respec once in a while is fair IMO. If you don't want to spend much money on the game, a couple thousand doubloons ($15 or so) for captain respecs and retraining is definitely the best investment. Completely free is possible, but captain training is a real grind that way.

[DRIUS]
Members
62 posts
2,036 battles
50 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Nope, that's different. Ship XP is what you earn from ships and use to upgrade. On ships will all modules researched, you earn elite XP which can be converted to Free XP for doubloons.

The commander XP (silver stars) is the free option. I believe you can also use FXP. If you don't have enough of those, then you can pay with doubloons. 

Doubloons used to be the only option, but now you can do it without paying. You just have to have a lot of CXP or FXP laying around. Though the doubloon cost isn't bad at all, I think it's 500 for a 19 pointer, and goes down from there. $2.50 to respec once in a while is fair IMO. If you don't want to spend much money on the game, a couple thousand doubloons ($15 or so) for captain respecs and retraining is definitely the best investment. Completely free is possible, but captain training is a real grind that way.

You're able to change FXP (the gold stars I believe) into doubloons? I thought it was only the other way (doubloons into FXP)?

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,354 battles
4 minutes ago, Heiligenmoschel said:

You're able to change FXP (the gold stars I believe) into doubloons? I thought it was only the other way (doubloons into FXP)?

No, you change elite XP into FXP at a doubloon cost. 25 EXP and 1 doubloon gets you 25 FXP.

Here's the wiki article with the full explanations: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy

Sign in to follow this