Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Secondaries

Best CV for clan battles?

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

291
[COUP]
[COUP]
Members
339 posts
21,788 battles

So far I've tried Haku (best), audacious (second best), and midway (just...horrible)

 

Anyone else have similar findings? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[5D4]
Members
36 posts
7,584 battles

I'm 9-4 with the Midway, 1-4 with Hakuryu and 0-1 with Audacious in the first two days if clan battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,195
[GRETA]
Members
1,507 posts
11,773 battles

I have not had enough seat time with audacious to give a fair opinion on her.  I like both midway and hak.  I think the types of surface ships that are present will dictate which has an advantage.   Both are competitive in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
291
[COUP]
[COUP]
Members
339 posts
21,788 battles
5 hours ago, eagle_lance said:

My clan tried a game with a bb last night and won. That's an option too

Weve fought a kremlin surrounded by a 1x groz, 2x smolensks, 1x worcester, 1x stalin, 1x henry, 1x venezia. 

 

It was untouchable by air.

They won. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,195
[GRETA]
Members
1,507 posts
11,773 battles
1 minute ago, Mr_Secondaries said:

Weve fought a kremlin surrounded by a 1x groz, 2x smolensks, 1x worcester, 1x stalin, 1x henry, 1x venezia. 

 

It was untouchable by air.

They won. 

 

But there is no counter to cv?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[-REI-]
WoWS Community Contributors
59 posts
5,978 battles

I recommend Hakuryu and playing it a bit slow-er than usual compared to ranked/random battles. The  AA is insane early on when everyone is in position. Best bet is to find the DD is keep track of where they are. When you notice a push coming, you can slow them down with your torps and bombers. CV in CB is wonky still but I'd pick the Hakuryu over Midway and Audacious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[BABC]
Members
81 posts
2 hours ago, Reimu_Bakarei said:

I recommend Hakuryu and playing it a bit slow-er than usual compared to ranked/random battles. The  AA is insane early on when everyone is in position. Best bet is to find the DD is keep track of where they are. When you notice a push coming, you can slow them down with your torps and bombers. CV in CB is wonky still but I'd pick the Hakuryu over Midway and Audacious

Were you the one that brought up the idea of preemptively dropping a wall of torp strategy with IJN CVs in another (old) thread when dealing with heavy AA cluster?

Edited by yaluen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[-REI-]
WoWS Community Contributors
59 posts
5,978 battles
21 minutes ago, yaluen said:

Were you the one that brought up the idea of preemptively dropping a wall of torp strategy with IJN CVs in another (old) thread when dealing with heavy AA cluster?

Not that I remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×