Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LastRemnant

Subs

61 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,826
[CLUMP]
Members
2,087 posts
2,429 battles

Well they are up in the public test server if you want to try :Smile_honoring: Triple-digit queue at the time of this post  :Smile_teethhappy: 

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,368
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts
1 minute ago, DocWalker said:

yep ...

haha figured as much...  mebbe a good time to try out asw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,759
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,271 posts
8,371 battles
6 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

yep ...

sb.jpg

LOL...  If you don't think  WG isn't going to take this as a sign that there was a lot of interest in subs?   

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,763
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
11 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

LOL...  If you don't think  WG isn't going to take this as a sign that there was a lot of interest in subs?   

They're very good at seeing what they want to see, instead of what is. 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,759
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,271 posts
8,371 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

They're very good at seeing what they want to see, instead of what is. 

 

As are we all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,763
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
Just now, iRA6E said:

As are we all.  

Sometimes I wish I could, it sounds like a very comfortable way to live... at least until it really really isn't. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,961 battles
3 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

First game in a sub.. not very fun tbh.

That's my theory.  Much ado about not a whole lot.  Change of pace though I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,925
[SOFOP]
Members
2,584 posts
16,278 battles

On the plus side, it should be fairly easy and fast to get a match with another class of ship ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
864 posts
4,679 battles

a few games in destroyers.

not very fun tbh. fighting subs is basically run them over and push g and you annihilate them. not really much more to it than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,368
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts
3 minutes ago, crazycarey said:

what it shows is that no one want to play BB against those remote controlled torps.

you can see that in the hour since subs have been released lol, a big stretch... not saying you are wrong but its too early to make statements like that...

 

and that screenshot was taken 11 minutes after subs went live

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[CLUMP]
Members
2,087 posts
2,429 battles

They should really add some specific sub-skills to sub captains because most of the skills are mostly for ships on water not beneath it  :fish_book: Also I keep on forgetting to point sub at the ship I am shooting at :Smile_veryhappy:  Turn rate of subs is bad as expected so keeping your distance is advice :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[CLUMP]
Members
2,087 posts
2,429 battles
8 minutes ago, crazycarey said:

what it shows is that no one want to play BB against those remote controlled torps.

I have you actually played subs or are you spouting nonsense it not easy to ping ships especially mobile ones :Smile_smile: Once they are ping it doesn't last very long before you have to ping them again :Smile_sceptic: Subs can only shoot torps on periscope depth and we can get rekt by anything while at that depth  :Smile_unsure: Finally torps come out from front so we have to be point ship we are shooting we can only focus on one target at a time :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LastRemnant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,368
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts
8 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

I have you actually played subs or are you spouting nonsense it not easy to ping ships especially mobile ones :Smile_smile: Once they are ping it doesn't last very long before you have to ping them again :Smile_sceptic: Subs can only shoot torps on periscope depth and we can get rekt by anything while at that depth  :Smile_unsure: Finally torps come out from front so we have to be point ship we are shooting we can only focus on one target at a time :Smile_hiding:

i was thinking of waiting for the mad rush to end... but I may come on for the ASW practice...

or see how i do in BB's...

 

Hey you said you can't fire at depth now?  I thought subs could target subs, and subs could attack surface ships from below periscope depth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,716 posts
18,726 battles
15 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

I have you actually played subs or are you spouting nonsense it not easy to ping ships especially mobile ones :Smile_smile: Once they are ping it doesn't last very long before you have to ping them again :Smile_sceptic: Subs can only shoot torps on periscope depth and we can get rekt by anything while at that depth  :Smile_unsure: Finally torps come out from front so we have to be point ship we are shooting we can only focus on one target at a time :Smile_hiding:

"...we can get..." not they can get?

While I'm searching for accurate info about the new subs I'll be looking for objectivity and that usually doesn't come from those that have already chosen a side. No knock against you... I'm just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[CLUMP]
Members
2,087 posts
2,429 battles
14 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i was thinking of waiting for the mad rush to end... but I may come on for the ASW practice...

or see how i do in BB's...

 

Hey you said you can't fire at depth now?  I thought subs could target subs, and subs could attack surface ships from below periscope depth?

From what I have seen subs can't hit other subs at a depth I got hit on by sub on the surface when I was trying to hit a BB. From what I have seen BB are ones that most vulnerable to subs :Smile_hiding:  I am going try right now to see if it's possible :fish_book: @CrazyHorse_Denver  I am taking any sides I am just telling it how it is why don't you try subs and find out yourself the wait is only 3 minutes :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by LastRemnant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,368
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts
1 minute ago, LastRemnant said:

From what I have seen subs can't hit other subs at a depth I got hit on by sub on the surface when I was trying to hit a BB. From what I have seen BB are ones that most vulnerable to subs :Smile_hiding:  I am going try right now to see if it's possible :fish_book:

yeah of course they are, but how vulnerable we will see...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,273
[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,547 posts
3 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

"...we can get..." not they can get?

While I'm searching for accurate info about the new subs I'll be looking for objectivity and that usually doesn't come from those that have already chosen a side. No knock against you... I'm just saying.

I am getting nuked as a sub.  Maybe I am just bad at them and need practice but so far, not doing so well at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,016
[NONE]
Members
4,076 posts
12,606 battles

     Curiousity =/= interest.

     There were around 500-600 subs in queue lately, teams are full-size but half bots.

     Played 6 games in Das Boot. Frankly, it's boring to me. Not at all interested in playing them for real, but it was worth satisfying my passing curiosity.

     Played a couple in Ryujo and had an easy time spotting/hunting DD's, apparently b/c they were all focused on subs.

     Other subs were getting the most sub kills thanks to close-range detection and difficulty in dodging. Subs turn worse than a GK at 1/4 speed.

     Now that the novelty has worn off, I'll give them a hard pass.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[CLUMP]
Members
2,087 posts
2,429 battles
8 minutes ago, SKurj said:

yeah of course they are, but how vulnerable we will see...

Quite actually if you can get  all pings you can stick four torps on BB with bad turning rate and speed is easy to calculate and lead BB to ping them :Smile_amazed: 

Edited by LastRemnant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,368
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,649 posts
3 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Quite actually if you can get  all pings you stick four torps on BB with bad turning rate and speed is easy to calculate and lead BB to ping them :Smile_amazed: 

ok sub captains need their own skills... you got that right... and we will now likely need some asw skills for surface ships as well..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
137
[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
439 posts
13,903 battles

I dont see the sub battle on the PTS.  Only co-op.  I only see random if I got into the personal mission.  

 

Is something wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[CLUMP]
Members
2,087 posts
2,429 battles
3 minutes ago, _Guest_ said:

I dont see the sub battle on the PTS.  Only co-op.  I only see random if I got into the personal mission.  

 

Is something wrong?

Are you in the public test server :Smile_hiding: it's not in the regular game there should be a purple submarine option 

Edited by LastRemnant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×