You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Marines

Will I lose surplus XP on elite ships when resetting a line?

13 comments in this topic

Members
1,008 posts
6,589 battles

Speaking of the Research Bureau and resetting lines, I have been debating whether I should reset a line first and play the ships, or play the ships and then reset the line. Let's say have played the Iowa in elite status enough to accumulate 300k+ XP, and then reset the line, will I still have that XP when I re-unlock Iowa (which is enough to immediately unlock Montana)?

If possible, I think we may even be able to accumulate enough XP on every ship in a subject tech tree line, and instantly re-unlock the whole line after a reset. In this way, there will be no downtime for any tech tree ships you need for Clan Battles or divisions.

Any inputs? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Thanks for sending me the answers!

On 2/13/2020 at 9:34 PM, HamptonRoads said:

If all of your ships in the tree are fully researched (i.e. are "elite ships,) you do not lose any XP.  All of the elite XP will be automatically transferred to the tier 1 ship in the tree (e.g. Erie if you're resetting the USN CL tree.)

On 2/14/2020 at 11:11 AM, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

all XP fo your ships in line is not lost. It goes to Tier I ship of that line.

Edited by _Marines

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,654 posts
10,670 battles

So now it will just look like you've spent waaaaaaayyy too much time at T1. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,018 posts
46,796 battles

I reset my IJN CV line and the Hakuryu had 6 million XP, it all ended up on the tier 1.

What it should do, but we have not seen it yet, is the tier 1 XP should climb up with whatever tech tree you reset in the first place.

In my case, I reset the DDs, cruisers and BBs of the IJN. If it allowed the XP to climb up the tier, then as you unlock each ship, you go to the next to unlock, and the XP moves up the tier.

Theoretically, if it worked that way, I could reset all ship types and not need any FXP.

The only limitations would be credits to repurchase the ships and since a reset halves the value, you will still need to get credits by playing them.

In the current form you have two limitations. You can't carry over the XP up the tier and you still have to get credits. So the only way to dig out 6 million XP is to convert it.

I also had banked some FXP in the roughly 2.5 million range at the time.

I had to get creative to reset these lines and with a few other lines, I did work around it some.

But I am still stuck with a hefty savings account at tier 1 on most of these nations. IJN still tops them all.

Should WG fix it so it works the way I would like it to work, carryover, then I can reset the IJN line a few times without spending money.

Technically I did spend, I just can't benefit from the compounded interest.

And the credits limitation can still be there as you either grind it reasonably or get credits from the shop.

WG might see more interest (pun intended) if RB was configured this way.

They are only conceding the XP to climb out and ride up the tiers. A player will still buy credits if they are not always able to grind. And the volume of players that benefit from the XP riding up the tiers would allow the shop to sell credits more.

Adjustment of RB economy would be quite a leap, but will be an epic shift in the game. Would it be pay to win? No. You still have to get XP. You just don't need to convert it to FXP that much. Even a whale has to sail the ships to get the XP.  If you don't play, no XP. Resetting would be useless without it.

There are many players that have a sizeable investment. Why not for the first time in WG's history, give the players who put in the time, a big dividend?

Such a dividend is in fact, hard work exemplified.

We grind. We earned it.

Think about that WG. Think hard.

I think it's the right thing to do. 😎😇🐉🦇☄️💮💮💮💮🌹🌹🌹🌹🌌🐻💙🐨💜

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,145 posts
26,918 battles
1 hour ago, Hyperion728 said:

All your extra XP gets pooled on your tier I ship, where it is equally useless.

^^ It may as well have been deleted outright.

• Cool 1

Members
443 posts
451 battles

The Tidy Bowl Man would have felt right at home in the Research Bureau.

Credits...EXP...Time...Whoosh!

[A-I-M]
Members
4,093 posts
15,348 battles
8 hours ago, kagero__ said:

The Tidy Bowl Man would have felt right at home in the Research Bureau.

Credits...EXP...Time...Whoosh!

This is a deep problem caused by the Research Bureau, even for those who don’t participate in it, and I don’t think many are connecting the dots yet:

Every time someone re-grinds or “re-Free XP’s” the necessary number of lines to get the Ohio or other RB ship, they are essentially telling WG that they think a strong T10 rewards ship is worth the 3M to 4M Free XP cost (or grind time & credits) it takes to get there. And to anyone who thinks WG isn’t looking at the process this way, Smalland with its 2M Free XP price tag is scoffing at you.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,388 posts
12,784 battles
8 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Eh, I might hit the lottery.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,882 posts
2,681 battles
8 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

No, see, this way you can spend money to convert it into FXP.  Which is essentially all you could do with it while it was on your elited ships, anyway.

Members
289 posts
1,605 battles

Wargaming doesn't get much of my money mostly because they've priced themselves beyond where I'm willing to comfortably spend.  By a goodly amount.   It's really a shame too.   Drop prices across the board by 50% and leave them there.   Might make more money.  Here in the USA disposable income just seriously shrunk for most of the population.  I'm certain it'll be noticed at the end of the fiscal year mid 2020.  Gravy trains eventually do run out of gravy.  

Members
1,008 posts
6,589 battles
4 minutes ago, Deadeye_Pete said:

Wargaming doesn't get much of my money mostly because they've priced themselves beyond where I'm willing to comfortably spend.  By a goodly amount.   It's really a shame too.   Drop prices across the board by 50% and leave them there.   Might make more money.  Here in the USA disposable income just seriously shrunk for most of the population.  I'm certain it'll be noticed at the end of the fiscal year mid 2020.  Gravy trains eventually do run out of gravy.  

This is reasonable. Especially coming out of the 2020 crisis, most Americans (and other Westerners, in general) won't be spending money so freely like the roaring 2010s, so some discounts and price cuts are needed.

0 posts
On 4/17/2020 at 1:18 PM, _Marines said:

This is reasonable. Especially coming out of the 2020 crisis, most Americans (and other Westerners, in general) won't be spending money so freely like the roaring 2010s, so some discounts and price cuts are needed.

If anything those posts (asking to reduce price) will enforce desire to keep them (prices) or even rise. See, when you keep asking for something (not even buying that something) - you creating demand. And if seller sees demand. Well, he's right to keep price. And pandemic have nothing to do with it. Rules does not change. 

I stopped paying WG once I realized they don't care for toxic ships (IN, GC, BF, ...) neither toxic ship classes (CV). For me it's only matter of time when subs show up and account will be deleted

p.s. Yes, I absolutely love naval warfare game and the graphics and game style is unique. But it's time to draw the line

Edited by SlartiBartFastE2