Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Do you think sometimes the game just hates you?

15 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,394 posts
13,743 battles

My 1st 2 coops have not been good. They were wins but today my DD has encountered an Atlanta & Fiji plus the ship I was targeting. It appears I have a isolated target & fire. Then it's like they spawn & fire the moment I press the fire button.

Well the 3rd time was a charm, no Fiji's or Atlanta's to spawn after I engage an enemy target.

BTW, please don't take post like this one too seriously.

Edited by kgh52
to update

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts

yeah.. so i went over to PTS.. played a T6... when the other 6 players on your team are T8, and opposing team is the same setup...    almost noone playing T6's today...  yeah hates me..  I yolo'd and left randoms

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,440 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

yeah.. so i went over to PTS.. played a T6... when the other 6 players on your team are T8, and opposing team is the same setup...    almost noone playing T6's today...  yeah hates me..  I yolo'd and left randoms

Haven’t even bothered playing Randoms in PT except for a very few times.

Pretty much all bots anyway, so might as well just play Co-op.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts

it was all real players in this case, they have missions for rewards on the main server but yeah they want you playing randoms.  Tomorrow once submarine battles open up i hope it will be t6's  but I am not holding my breath...  

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts
25 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

My 1st 2 coops have not been good. They were wins but today my DD has encountered an Atlanta & Fiji plus the ship I was targeting. It appears I have a isolated target & fire. Then it's like they spawn & fire the moment I press the fire button.

Well the 3rd time was a charm, no Fiji's or Atlanta's to spawn after I engage an enemy target.

BTW, please don't take post like this one too seriously.

I just unlocked a new ship. Thus far I've been coming in first or second on my team in every game I play with it. The only problem is that it's been on the losing team.

Edited by Snargfargle

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,951 battles

I'm about as evidence and science based as they get.   And even I sometimes really, really wonder whether or not there's some sort of MM switch that can be used nefariously by the folks behind the curtain.

But that would almost certainly show up in the global stats and since everyone seems to trend towards 50%...when I'm sober and not particularly angry about anything, I have to admit it's probably just mostly anecdote and selection bias.

[TDRB]
Members
5,394 posts
13,743 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I just unlocked a new ship. Thus far I've been coming in first or second on my team in every game I play with it. The only problem is that it's been on the losing team.

So your the reason those Atlanta's & Fiji"s are attacking me. :Smile_teethhappy:

[GWG]
Members
7,776 posts
14,921 battles
57 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

I'm about as evidence and science based as they get.   And even I sometimes really, really wonder whether or not there's some sort of MM switch that can be used nefariously by the folks behind the curtain.

But that would almost certainly show up in the global stats and since everyone seems to trend towards 50%...when I'm sober and not particularly angry about anything, I have to admit it's probably just mostly anecdote and selection bias.

Understand that WG is only in business to make money. 

The very best in behavior analysis and AI goes into categorizing your personality and finding what drives your interest and investment in this game.

I'd like to say I'm impervious to their efforts, but...  yeah...   they get me a few times.  But it's amazing to see how the system worked me over.

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,396 battles
1 hour ago, CommodoreKang said:

See my stats in the Nelson vs other battleships.

Thats eye opening on how the system 'works'...

[GWG]
Members
7,776 posts
14,921 battles
2 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Bots in coop don't mess around they will rekt you :Smile_teethhappy:

DOPaKHO.jpg

That's about what I get when I suicide charge a battleship with an EU destroyer..  landing ALL EIGHT torpedoes....

[WOLFG]
Members
13,390 posts
12,784 battles

The game?  Sometimes I think life in general hates me.  The game is just along for the ride.

• Funny 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,637 posts
2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The MM and gameplay feed the monetization strategy...

for sure, but this was PTS, and they give you all T6 and all T8 ships... not sure if the 10's are available...  i should be gittin good... but i am finding randoms so frustrating... and taking the easy way ou to coops... i'll never improve if i do that...  but +2's don't help... they don't happen all the time... (well they do on PTS)

Sign in to follow this