Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DavyJonesLocker

Anybody else have this problem with zooming in and out?

7 comments in this topic

Members
42 posts
1,953 battles

(I'm a scroll wheel user and a shift key user equally) Sometimes when i zoom in and out real fast either with scroll or shift, i can no longer zoom in to view ships from a distance. Like it just stops letting me zoom in or out. It goes 3rd person. This problem will last for about a minute and then i can zoom in just fine, but this really affects my game. ive died a couple of times cause of it. Its not my keyboard or mouse tho. Could this be a game issue? Anybody have this problem before? Solution?

[KFL]
[KFL]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
591 posts
14,013 battles

I am just going to suggest checking your mouse drivers or perhaps seeing if your having input lag. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,648 posts

my mouse is a few years old... and i have noticed it seem to stick some times when scrolling... i don't have a backup to try atm... it will be on my shopping list once this isolation is over...  

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,735 posts
19 hours ago, DavyJonesLocker said:

(I'm a scroll wheel user and a shift key user equally) Sometimes when i zoom in and out real fast either with scroll or shift, i can no longer zoom in to view ships from a distance. Like it just stops letting me zoom in or out. It goes 3rd person. This problem will last for about a minute and then i can zoom in just fine, but this really affects my game. ive died a couple of times cause of it. Its not my keyboard or mouse tho. Could this be a game issue? Anybody have this problem before? Solution?

Can you scroll in a browser OK? If you can't then get a can of compressed air and blow out your mouse. When my scroll is acting up there usually is a piece of lint that's blocking the optical sensors in the mouse.

Replace the batteries in a wireless mouse and also reseat the sending unit.

Try another mouse -- do you have the same problem? If so, reinstall your drivers.

Run an integrity check and repair of the game.

Members
42 posts
1,953 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Can you scroll in a browser OK? If you can't then get a can of compressed air and blow out your mouse. When my scroll is acting up there usually is a piece of lint that's blocking the optical sensors in the mouse.

Replace the batteries in a wireless mouse and also reseat the sending unit.

Try another mouse -- do you have the same problem? If so, reinstall your drivers.

Run an integrity check and repair of the game.

Yeah i can do fine in a browser, my mouse is old imma try blowing it out but i doubt thats the problem. Thx 

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles

Had my zoom freeze like this a occasionally  but usually goes back to normal. I have a different problem when I zoom by holding the right mouse  button and look around, when I release the RMB I am often aimed way high and off of my original aimpoint on a ship. Not sure if that is related.

Community Department
3,361 posts
1,300 battles
On 4/16/2020 at 4:25 AM, DavyJonesLocker said:

I don't see similar reports or bugs currently.
Thanks everyone for a your suggestions in the topic, I'll also suggest checking these point before submitting a ticket:

Spoiler
  • delete modifications if you have any (you may also start game in a "Safe mode", check this with the right edge of "Play" button in WGCenter)
  • "check and repair" client via WGC >> Game Settings (This topic may be helpful with the first two points)  
  • delete your preferences.xml file in the game folder and set everything manually again with the next game launch 

If nothing works from them, even if it's a local issue my colleagues from support will for sure give you some usufull points to check and fix the issue. Before submitting please create WGCheck report and attach it to the ticket. 

Spoiler

en_voAgm15c.jpg&key=b98f8519edd1a55831be

Thank you for your reply. 

Sign in to follow this