Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ViralMatrix

In this time....

25 comments in this topic

Members
11 posts
4,730 battles

So, yea.... there's a ton of new and returning players. We all can see that the average skill level has decreased somewhat(ROFL). But lets not rage so much, lets not make fun of them in chat. If you have knowledge of the game, realize that is more powerful than ship or tier now more than ever. Normally, im a 2 or 3 ship kill max type of guy. Nowadays? Krakens. 3 kills is a bad game now. i take on 2 or 3 BBs in mid tier BB, and come out on top. So...  Lets have fun again. If you have some skill, share it kindly in chat. .....People have other things on their minds. If you lose, its kool, next game you probly get 3 kills. And u probly got a kill or 2 in the loss anyway. 

With that said, i also fully understand if you want to rage in chat, its cool, crapis [edited] up right now. Just kinda dont take the games so serious, you got nothin but time to grind. 

Good thing is, for awhile, we can ALL feel like a famous youtuber ;) Such skill, much wow

Seal-clubbin at ALL Teirs 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,502 posts
26,082 battles
13 minutes ago, ViralMatrix said:

So, yea.... there's a ton of new and returning players. We all can see that the average skill level has decreased somewhat(ROFL). But lets not rage so much, lets not make fun of them in chat. If you have knowledge of the game, realize that is more powerful than ship or tier now more than ever. Normally, im a 2 or 3 ship kill max type of guy. Nowadays? Krakens. 3 kills is a bad game now. i take on 2 or 3 BBs in mid tier BB, and come out on top. So...  Lets have fun again. If you have some skill, share it kindly in chat. .....People have other things on their minds. If you lose, its kool, next game you probly get 3 kills. And u probly got a kill or 2 in the loss anyway. 

With that said, i also fully understand if you want to rage in chat, its cool, crapis [edited] up right now. Just kinda dont take the games so serious, you got nothin but time to grind. 

Good thing is, for awhile, we can ALL feel like a famous youtuber ;) Such skill, much wow

Seal-clubbin at ALL Teirs 

Good try.  And, a great intention.  Unfortunately, many of us aren't playing Randoms anymore.  Sorry, too stompy for average players.....  Why waste the time losing every game, toxic chat and, not accomplishing your individual goals losing???

Fix those and I'll try again.   Maybe @Hapa_Fodder can provide some insight as to when they are going to fix the MM?  Want to bet there'll be no solution?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,648 posts

took my ryujo out for the first time last night...  didn't take long for the trash to come out on global chat, yes i know i was bad..  this was the enemy team..

would love to see global removed, bad enough getting it from your teammates but i can't block one without blocking the other.

Members
289 posts
1,605 battles

yep.. I hear ya.  went super unicum over the last few days.  Haven't played in a while and suddenly BOOM.. 70+% WR.   If this keeps up I'm gonna have to visit a voodoo doctor for a good head shrinking!

• Funny 1

Members
11 posts
4,730 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

Good try.  And, a great intention.  Unfortunately, many of us aren't playing Randoms anymore.  Sorry, too stompy for average players.....  Why waste the time losing every game, toxic chat and, not accomplishing your individual goals losing???

Fix those and I'll try again.   Maybe @Hapa_Fodder can provide some insight as to when they are going to fix the MM?  Want to bet there'll be no solution?

You mean in clans right?

IMO Big clans should start 'training clans' i dont know how that works or if its worth to you guys or what, but, somebody should gather all these folks and put them in WoWs school lol.

I wouldnt take it serious, cuz most didnt even know what the right thing to do was. Theyre more mad that they don't understand how to play. Its like being mad at a blind guy for always running into things. But i hear you, nice to have a place with more guaranteed good/decent/non-comatose players. 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,703 battles
4 minutes ago, ViralMatrix said:

IMO Big clans should start 'training clans' i dont know how that works or if its worth to you guys or what, but, somebody should gather all these folks and put them in WoWs school lol.

It wouldn't matter. Most good players or clans are happy to help out people, all they have to do is ask.

But nobody does......

[FFG07]
Members
52 posts

I have been playing a little over a year, I have ground my way up I only have completed 2 lines English and German cruisers and 1 19pt captain. I play for fun I do stupid stuff and get frustrated like any one else. I play random if I loose 3 in a row I go back to coop for the rest of the night no sweat. Some days you have a good night and some days you can't hit your behind with either hand so be it.

I take the attitude that everyone on the map is better than me and I do my best to help the team,. If direction is given to help push or take a cap I will do what I can to comply. Just don't say you are no help  or some one is dead weight give advice and tell what they can do to help hook up in a training room I would appreciate that. 

I just enjoy the game the biggest challenge is me that I can control and that is way more than enough.

• Cool 3

Members
11 posts
4,730 battles
5 hours ago, B15644 said:

I have been playing a little over a year, I have ground my way up I only have completed 2 lines English and German cruisers and 1 19pt captain. I play for fun I do stupid stuff and get frustrated like any one else. I play random if I loose 3 in a row I go back to coop for the rest of the night no sweat. Some days you have a good night and some days you can't hit your behind with either hand so be it.

I take the attitude that everyone on the map is better than me and I do my best to help the team,. If direction is given to help push or take a cap I will do what I can to comply. Just don't say you are no help  or some one is dead weight give advice and tell what they can do to help hook up in a training room I would appreciate that. 

I just enjoy the game the biggest challenge is me that I can control and that is way more than enough.

Now, as long as you can correctly answer the question: Should i give my broadside to this BB at 10k so that i can shoot my back guns?

Congrats, you can win now.

Sometimes, when you couldnt hit, its not because you are aiming incorrectly, they may be dodging your shells. It sounds like you may understand mechanics(aiming and shooting/tanking DMG), but you dont know how to affect the overall game more. Even a loss isnt terrible as you can practice your mechanics, but you wouldnt mind being able to help your team more.

Better is to understand Positioning so you know where to be to do that. That alone helps you win a lot of games, you dont always do big DMG, but you win more often when you understand it. Damaging and tanking is the mechanics, Positioning wins the game though. This is not an advert thread, but after years of playing, iChase finally explained positioning in a way that's easy to understand. It's actually amazingly simple. As simple as a triangle really. I thought that was why i started winning so much lately, but i dont think so anymore. (Its not me, its them lol)

Check it out: 

[O7]
Members
1,520 posts
12,125 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

It wouldn't matter. Most good players or clans are happy to help out people, all they have to do is ask.

But nobody does......

correct, most players think they know everything.

[O7]
Members
1,520 posts
12,125 battles

its very true the state of random battles is disgraceful, all the good players that can impact games and carry have either uninstalled or stopped playing random battles, therefore leaving random battles resulting in steam roll after steam roll.

Members
11 posts
4,730 battles

14 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

its very true the state of random battles is disgraceful, all the good players that can impact games and carry have either uninstalled or stopped playing random battles, therefore leaving random battles resulting in steam roll after steam roll.

I think Asym_KS alluded to this when he mentioned MM. I dont think the MM uses skill rating when it puts us into the game, just ship types. Maybe if that was fixed, they would come back?

I hope they come back for Ranked at least....  

WG should make a looooooong running Ranked gamed queue. So that people can find their true skill level.

Edited by ViralMatrix

[O7]
Members
1,520 posts
12,125 battles
Just now, ViralMatrix said:

I think Asym_KS alluded to this when he mentioned MM. I dont think the MM uses skill rating when it puts us into the game, just ship types. Maybe if that was fixed, they would come back?

I hope they come back for Ranked at least.... 

random battles is 100% random, you can tell by some games seeing 1 team have all the radar and the other has none. skilled matchmaker wouldnt work because of the minority of unicum+ players and also this would create a more toxic environment which wargaming would not want. 

Members
11 posts
4,730 battles
46 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

random battles is 100% random, you can tell by some games seeing 1 team have all the radar and the other has none. skilled matchmaker wouldnt work because of the minority of unicum+ players and also this would create a more toxic environment which wargaming would not want. 

Maybe if they make 2 long running Ranked queues, one at T7 and one at T9, both running at the same time, that would probly force a good split in skill level. Normally not enough people online for such a thing, i think, but i dont know the numbers about that.

Maybe even have a shorter special sprint at T8 for carriers?(carriers ugh). Run all three, and people would always have a place to find other tryhards ;p

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,703 battles
14 hours ago, ViralMatrix said:

The problem is, how do you make a credible SBMM, when so many people think that winning and doing well are just luck and RNG?

Members
25 posts
9,617 battles
15 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

It’s not disgraceful it’s a matter of disorganized!

It used to be with 3 caps you pick 2, usually A-B or B-C...nowadays teams seem to want to contest all 3 caps. In my opinion it’s not a winning strategy.

Members
11 posts
4,730 battles
31 minutes ago, SirJingles said:

It used to be with 3 caps you pick 2, usually A-B or B-C...nowadays teams seem to want to contest all 3 caps. In my opinion it’s not a winning strategy.

B-C capping leaves a flank wide open. Its kinda ok if the guys at C move fast and engage soon after capping quickly. But if the other team slows them down enough, the enemy at A can come around and get broadside flanking shots. The enemy can only do that if they have ships at C. So the enemies best hope of setting up a flank is to have ships there, and your best hope of defending that flank is to have ships there. Also, if you dont send ships to B, they can get flank shots on both A and C. Biggest issue is knowing when your on the defending or attacking flank, and what to do. 

ive seen too many teams get stuck in A or C, get surrounded, and get destroyed to do that. I like defending flank actually.

You should watch the video about positioning up above. It explains it better than i can.

[O7]
Members
1,520 posts
12,125 battles
Just now, SirJingles said:

if you only take 2 caps then 1 flank is left open for the enemy to just walk around on your side, you are just re confirming my comment that the majority of average players do not know how to win.

• Boring 1

Members
25 posts
9,617 battles
On 4/16/2020 at 5:56 PM, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

if you only take 2 caps then 1 flank is left open for the enemy to just walk around on your side, you are just re confirming my comment that the majority of average players do not know how to win.

Your giving way to much credit to the enemy side.

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,961 battles
4 minutes ago, SirJingles said:

Your giving way to much credit to the enemy side.

Try for 2 and delay 1 is my theory.  But nowadays, you just kind of delay all of them and wait for an opening.  You really can't leave one wide open and not expect to get flanked and then crossfired and then deaded.

Members
25 posts
9,617 battles
6 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

Try for 2 and delay 1 is my theory.  But nowadays, you just kind of delay all of them and wait for an opening.  You really can't leave one wide open and not expect to get flanked and then crossfired and then deaded.

I understand what your saying and every game situation is different, every tier is different. It’s been my experience contesting 3 caps at once is gambling on the skill level of your dd players. Doubling up 2 vs 1 on one of the other caps almost guarantee’s you a head start on the other team and in return possibly eliminates one of their dd’s!....

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,961 battles
15 minutes ago, SirJingles said:

I understand what your saying and every game situation is different, every tier is different. It’s been my experience contesting 3 caps at once is gambling on the skill level of your dd players. Doubling up 2 vs 1 on one of the other caps almost guarantee’s you a head start on the other team and in return possibly eliminates one of their dd’s!....

Yeah, that's the way it used to be back in the day.  Caps are a little different now.  As often as not, early caps lead to an early loss.  Yes, I know that's counter intuitive.  But, that's kind of how it works now.  

From my anecdotal experience, if you take the caps early and win, it's often because the other team got steam rolled and you would have won anyway.   Too many times, it seems like the early caps lead to early ship loss\heavy damage which snowballs into a camper victory.

Generally speaking, I think the best approach is to play it slow and campy.  Wait for the other team to make a mistake and then pounce on the advantage gained by that mistake.   But the skill levels are so all over the place that, as often as not, you do that, take your cap and look over and see the entire rest of the team has collapsed.

YMMV and lemming trains also work much more often than they should so all this strategizing is often quite pointless.  lol

Edited by CommodoreKang

Members
25 posts
9,617 battles
1 hour ago, CommodoreKang said:

Yeah, that's the way it used to be back in the day.  Caps are a little different now.  As often as not, early caps lead to an early loss.  Yes, I know that's counter intuitive.  But, that's kind of how it works now.  

From my anecdotal experience, if you take the caps early and win, it's often because the other team got steam rolled and you would have won anyway.   Too many times, it seems like the early caps lead to early ship loss\heavy damage which snowballs into a camper victory.

Generally speaking, I think the best approach is to play it slow and campy.  Wait for the other team to make a mistake and then pounce on the advantage gained by that mistake.   But the skill levels are so all over the place that, as often as not, you do that, take your cap and look over and see the entire rest of the team has collapsed.

YMMV and lemming trains also work much more often than they should so all this strategizing is often quite pointless.  lol

Certainly agree with your last sentence. You might have 11 teammates and quite possibly counting yourself ...12 different strategies to win.

Nothing bothers me more than contesting 2 of the 3 caps, capturing them, doing everything right,have the lead and yet a couple teammates think we need the third as well...my thinking is let them come to us !!

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,961 battles
24 minutes ago, SirJingles said:

Certainly agree with your last sentence. You might have 11 teammates and quite possibly counting yourself ...12 different strategies to win.

Nothing bothers me more than contesting 2 of the 3 caps, capturing them, doing everything right,have the lead and yet a couple teammates think we need the third as well...my thinking is let them come to us !!

You don't know which caps the other team is going for.  That's why you need to cover all of them.  One might be open because the other team chose to only go to 2.  Or, one of the two you've chosen may be where the enemy is lemming training to.  Feel free to ignore the advice being given though!

Members
25 posts
9,617 battles
6 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

You don't know which caps the other team is going for.  That's why you need to cover all of them.  One might be open because the other team chose to only go to 2.  Or, one of the two you've chosen may be where the enemy is lemming training to.  Feel free to ignore the advice being given though!

Haha l take advice only on the golf course..l don’t know if your a dd player but l probably play them 80% of the time and nothing is more comforting than have another dd teammate contest a cap with me.

We May not know what exact strategy the other team has but with a good CV player we can have an idea.

l wish l could show you a game from last night, 2 caps and only 1 dd on each team.He was going for 1 cap, me the other. Tried to enter cap twice only to get radared both times and lose half my hp. Meanwhile l got BB’s sitting back asking if l have the Cov-19 virus in my balls for not capping !! Taking advice in WoW can be hazardous to one’s health...turned out their dd got radared and sunk, game turned in our favour.

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,961 battles
6 minutes ago, SirJingles said:

Haha l take advice only on the golf course..l don’t know if your a dd player but l probably play them 80% of the time and nothing is more comforting than have another dd teammate contest a cap with me.

We May not know what exact strategy the other team has but with a good CV player we can have an idea.

l wish l could show you a game from last night, 2 caps and only 1 dd on each team.He was going for 1 cap, me the other. Tried to enter cap twice only to get radared both times and lose half my hp. Meanwhile l got BB’s sitting back asking if l have the Cov-19 virus in my balls for not capping !! Taking advice in WoW can be hazardous to one’s health...turned out their dd got radared and sunk, game turned in our favour.

Yep.  As a radar cruiser main, I head to the cap nearest my spawn.  That's the optimal play. 

Most of the time, I can just about always get away if I need to (and if I can't it's because I screwed up or got caught in an enemy lemming train + CV).  I can cap it myself if the opportunity arises.  Or I can delay it for a little while.  And then when I'm retreating back to the team, I can delay the flank and sometimes even persuade an enemy DD to go the long way around through his backfield and not through our flank.

That's the optimal play.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this