You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kishan99

Clarification for selling Moskva?

116 comments in this topic

Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Hi there,

So you guys stated two different things.  One says if you have Moskva researched but you don't have it in port, you will get it for free when the patches goes live with the perma camo

Another place says that if you sold Moskva 1 day before the patch goes live, you get Moskva for free with the perma camo

So which is it? Or both?   If I were to sell my Moskva right now, would I get it when the patch drops for free?

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,307 posts
1 minute ago, kishan99 said:

Hi there,

So you guys stated two different things.  One says if you have Moskva researched but you don't have it in port, you will get it for free when the patches goes live with the perma camo

Another place says that if you sold Moskva 1 day before the patch goes live, you get Moskva for free with the perma camo

So which is it? Or both?   If I were to sell my Moskva right now, would I get it when the patch drops for free?

No one knows as a fact.

Wait till it happeneds and WG will tell us.

Members
443 posts
451 battles
3 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

Hi there,

Yes. If you researched the Moskva you will get the prem for free. If it is in your port, it will change from tech tree to prem. If you had it and sold it, a year ago or a day ago, no matter, you will get the prem for free.

At least, that’s what they’re saying today.

• Cool 1

Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
4 minutes ago, kagero__ said:

Yes. If you researched the Moskva you will get the prem for free. If it is in your port, it will change from tech tree to prem. If you had it and sold it, a year ago or a day ago, no matter, you will get the prem for free.

At least, that’s what they’re saying today.

It doesn't turn into a premium.  It turns into a special ship.  Special ships don't get the credit boost

[PVE]
Members
11,199 posts
19,830 battles
1 hour ago, kishan99 said:

Hi there,

A ship in the port is worth nothing if not in port. Just have it in port and no worries.

• Cool 1

Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

I got the answer from a Dev.   If you sell it now, you get it back for free when the patch comes.  So free credits

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
898 posts
14,840 battles

I think from previous experienced that message was misunderstood. WHo doesn't own Moskva but its researcher will get it but they ll not get Nevsky. and who own Moskva they ll own Nevsky in release (even stated NO right now)

So for the answer: wait till 9.5 release. Till closer the date till clear will it be. You can still sell her last day of 9.4 :D

Edited by Gandariel
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
2,191 posts
7,680 battles

So....

"Tech tree" Moskva that is researched but NOT purchased = "Special" Moskva with permacamo in port after 9.5 rolls out?

How is that in any way fair for those that have purchased Moskva and her permacamo?  :Smile_izmena:  :Smile-angry:  :etc_swear:

Is it actually this...

Own Moskva = get Moskva and Nevsky.

Researched Moskva = get Moskva but not Nevsky.

I would love for WG to clarify.

I would also like it if WG would learn to communicate effectively.  :Smile_sceptic:

p.s. - Don't quote the EULA about WG owning everything.  That is a specious argument.  The value of the service that I am purchasing is tangible and legally protected.  There are legal precedents to that effect.  I, personally, stand to gain the most from the current arrangement.  I still think it's a load of excrement.  WG needs to fix this.

• Cool 10

[D-DAY]
Members
7,163 posts

Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning running rings around the moon
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping past the minutes of its face
And the world is like an apple whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind

Edit: For those confused (the confused emoji) - the OP is about the confusion regarding the Moskva changes - then the thread goes on about the confusion of whether Space Camo stays or goes, then it is about the compensation (and whether there should be any?), then @Captain_Slattery feels a little put out with his purchase and the confusion of whether he would get compensation.

The lyrics I put up are from a song called 'The Windmills of Your Mind', which simply describes a repetitive spiral of confusion and intrigue.

Now either the poster of the emoji is very clever and put the confused emoji as a very apt response.....or they aren't. Unfortunately, as it is likely to be the latter; here is your explanation. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

Members
443 posts
451 battles
2 hours ago, kishan99 said:

It doesn't turn into a premium.  It turns into a special ship.  Special ships don't get the credit boost

Unimportant in the context of this thread. You get the Moskva MkII (whether you want it or not) if you have ever researched Moskva MkI at any point in your life prior to the line split.

[PVE]
Members
2,191 posts
7,680 battles
46 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Edit: For those confused (the confused emoji) - the OP is about the confusion regarding the Moskva changes - then the thread goes on about the confusion of whether Space Camo stays or goes, then it is about the compensation (and whether there should be any?), then @Captain_Slattery feels a little put out with his purchase and the confusion of whether he would get compensation.

The lyrics I put up are from a song called 'The Windmills of Your Mind', which simply describes a repetitive spiral of confusion and intrigue.

Now either the poster of the emoji is very clever and put the confused emoji as a very apt response.....or they aren't. Unfortunately, as it is likely to be the latter; here is your explanation. :Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah, I got what you were going for.  Well done.  I was trying to be "ironical" with the confused emoji.  :cap_haloween:  I guess I owe you a couple of +1 emojis going forward.  :cap_like:

I haven't made any purchase.  Moskva researched but not purchased.  I did say that I stood the most to gain.  My bit of confusion stems from the apparent fact that WG is handling the line split compensation in a pretty bad way.  I did not expect it to be this unfair for some players.

I guess it's just my way of saying "Are you sure about that, WG?" and actually hoping for a response.

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,163 posts
2 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Yeah, I got what you were going for.  Well done.  I was trying to be "ironical" with the confused emoji.  :cap_haloween:  I guess I owe you a couple of +1 emojis going forward.  :cap_like:

I haven't made any purchase.  Moskva researched but not purchased.  I did say that I stood the most to gain.  My bit of confusion stems from the apparent fact that WG is handling the line split compensation in a pretty bad way.  I did not expect it to be this unfair for some players.

I guess it's just my way of saying "Are you sure about that, WG?" and actually hoping for a response.

Oh, I didn't realise it was you with the emoji - but it is refreshing to see it was the clever approach with the emoji. +1 to you sir! :Smile_honoring:

Yes, unfortunately there is confusion with much of what is put out nowadays by WG (especially in that the information can be viewed differently) - maybe they are being clever? :Smile_smile: Hmmm.

Hopefully for such a small thing, WG can make it so that everyone benefits in some way.

If they do I bet there will still be some that complain they didn't benefit as much as another did lol. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[Y0L0W]
Members
692 posts
22,015 battles

Yeah I wouldn't mind some clarification on this. If you have the Moskva researched but sell it. If you still get it. Might as well get the free credits? 

• Cool 2

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
719 posts
16,785 battles
3 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

GO STING!

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
2,429 posts
13,643 battles
6 hours ago, kagero__ said:

Yes. If you researched the Moskva you will get the prem for free. If it is in your port, it will change from tech tree to prem. If you had it and sold it, a year ago or a day ago, no matter, you will get the prem for free. At least, that’s what they’re saying today.

As far as it sounds, that's right. I do wish @Hapa_Fodder would chime in with the "official" word...

5 hours ago, Gandariel said:

So for the answer: wait till 9.5 release. Till closer the date till clear will it be. You can still sell her last day of 9.4 :D

The problem with waiting til release is two fold.

First, if there's no compensation for having it in port, and you do not sell it, you forfeited the cost (like 19M.)  Second, you've given up the time to play the DmDom (and all the daily 50% bonuses,) to help grind up to get the Nevsky sooner and easier.

5 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

1) "Tech tree" Moskva that is researched but NOT purchased = "Special" Moskva with permacamo in port after 9.5 rolls out? How is that in any way fair for those that have purchased Moskva and her permacamo?    

2) Is it actually this... Own Moskva = get Moskva and Nevsky. Researched Moskva = get Moskva but not Nevsky. 

3) I would love for WG to clarify. I would also like it if WG would learn to communicate effectively.

1) To put it simply - it is not in any way fair. Just offering the credit cost & a free T10 perma camo to apply to another ship would make it fair. 

2) How I thought it would work - and what I think makes more sense. But doing what makes sense is not WG's nature. :)

3) Amen!

• Cool 2

[-PVE-]
Members
332 posts
14,064 battles

I am presently grinding to get Moskva and will probably need to use some FXP to finish the job depending on the date. However, with this latest word from  Happa_fodder I an wondering if it does not make more sense to not research Moskva, buy her for coal after the change and then research the new Tier 10 ship and buy it. I does sound wrong that the people who have payed coin for the Moskva will not get any compensation for what it cost them not to mention the people who bought the camo with real money. I am not sure if WG has realized what a &^%#-storm this may set off (thought after the PR debacle they would look at the public relations behind a decision. I may have been wrong.

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
Members
2,116 posts
75 battles

Lesta seems to want you to sell Moskva to buy Donskoi for the regrind? Gee thanks. 

And yes imoo we should get Nevsky permacamo in the inventory. 

Edited by Sparviero
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
2,191 posts
7,680 battles
4 minutes ago, Mykawa said:

I am presently grinding to get Moskva and will probably need to use some FXP to finish the job depending on the date. However, with this latest word from  Happa_fodder I an wondering if it does not make more sense to not research Moskva, buy her for coal after the change and then research the new Tier 10 ship and buy it. I does sound wrong that the people who have payed coin for the Moskva will not get any compensation for what it cost them not to mention the people who bought the camo with real money. I am not sure if WG has realized what a &^%#-storm this may set off (thought after the PR debacle they would look at the public relations behind a decision. I may have been wrong.

It's going to come down to how much free xp you will have to pay out to finish the research.  She should cost about 240,000 coal, I think.

I am going to spend free xp to make up any shortfall.  I am saving my coal for a different ship.  I'll just regrind Dm.Donskoi for the new shiny.

Saving your xp for the Nevsky and using coal for Moskva is a smart move IF you can afford the coal.

• Cool 1

[-PVE-]
Members
332 posts
14,064 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

It's going to come down to how much free xp you will have to pay out to finish the research.  She should cost about 240,000 coal, I think.

I am going to spend free xp to make up any shortfall.  I am saving my coal for a different ship.  I'll just regrind Dm.Donskoi for the new shiny.

Saving your xp for the Nevsky and using coal for Moskva is a smart move IF you can afford the coal.

Hoping that this will be clarified but I am a co-op main now and with the recent nerf to Operations, FXP is not as easy to get as it was, however coal flows like a river every day. With WGing raising the price of FXP ships, coal may be a better choice (still have time to decide.) However, It still is strange that if you have Moskav in port you get only Moskav, however you can sell it the day before and you get Moskav and the coin you got for selling her? At the most she would be about 200K in coal and with the coupon it would be reduced. 

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,533 battles
7 hours ago, kishan99 said:

Hi there,

Right now, as all the information appears to pan out, if you had her researched at any time you will get the SPECIAL (Keep that in mind, NOT PREMIUM) version  of her. if you owned the perma-camo before or the UU before you will get them on the special version Moskva as well.

The reason we said researched and not just owned was because some people reset that line but technically have worked to re-research her.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[FORM]
Members
2,429 posts
13,643 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Right now, as all the information appears to pan out, if you had her researched at any time you will get the SPECIAL (Keep that in mind, NOT PREMIUM) version  of her. if you owned the perma-camo before or the UU before you will get them on the special version Moskva as well.

So there's no benefit to having the Moskva in port when the patch comes out, right? No credit compensation, no Nevsky. 

• Cool 2